• Vandy by 6-15

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • UNLV by 16+

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Vandy by 16+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well considering we lost our defensive captain for targeting and our starting QB early, it makes a it little bit more impressive to win
Is the backup QB going to be the starter going forward? (I didn’t watch the game)

Well considering we lost our defensive captain for targeting and our starting QB early, it makes a it little bit more impressive to win
I felt that the defense for a quarter and a half was fired up by that ejection and played well.

That post didn’t age well.

Didn’t give up did he!? He’s a winner and needs to start.
Maybe he does.

I like his heart as well and am grateful that we have him.

Still made a crucial mistake and we got bailed out by a bad kick. Then they totally blew a coverage.

Jm made a great read and a great throw.

Maiava did some good things tonight. Now we will see when the other team game plans for him!

Maiava did some good things tonight. Now we will see when the other team game plans for him!
We will also see when Marion opens up the playbook for the Go-Go with a full week to implement.. he definitely needs work with 1s because our relievers dropped easy passes from him because they weren't ready for the ball to be there, since Doug doesn't usually make hot reads, but tucks and tries to run

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
The Go Go is still a work in progress and needs to show more misdirection and less “3 yards and a cloud of dust” into the teeth of the opposing defense!

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
We will also see when Marion opens up the playbook for the Go-Go with a full week to implement.. he definitely needs work with 1s because our relievers dropped easy passes from him because they weren't ready for the ball to be there, since Doug doesn't usually make hot reads, but tucks and tries to run
Yeah those were horrible drops. Especially McKie. White had a great game made some nice plays.

Maybe he does.

I like his heart as well and am grateful that we have him.

Still made a crucial mistake and we got bailed out by a bad kick. Then they totally blew a coverage.

Jm made a great read and a great throw.
They wouldn’t have needed to be bailed out by a bad kick if the defense had made the east inception in the end zone or actually guarded the WR for the Vandy TD under two minutes. Defense let the offense down a couple times.

How about now?
I still think he’s over his head. He was bailed out by a team that makes a ton of mistakes. Glad to see the fight back from the players but their offense still hasn’t looked like what they made it out to be. If they continue to get better and look more the part I will gladly eat crow. Is woodard going to miss any xtra time or just this one game?

Maybe it's a one game thing - but I thought Maiava looked better than Doug has looked all year. More accurate arm, seems to have better pocket presence, the feet aren't as happy ... he just looked the part of the better quarterback by a large margin. Eyeball test, at least. I don't think UNLV wins this game with Doug finishing.

That said, I do think the team played harder, more focused, with Jayden in there. I don't think it's a conscious thing. But confidence is a thing ... and I think that Doug's troubles may be a cumulative thing .... he's ineffective, guys aren't getting stronger, they're losing faith. Get some new blood in there, one they have confidence in - and they go harder. This is just a guess because that's the way it appears ... insiders would know better if there's any truth to this.

Maiava was far from perfect and that late pick makes him the goat of the game if UNLV doesn't pick up the win. But aside from that mistake, he was very solid, not spectacular, but more than enough to keep the offense looking more fluid/far less disjointed.

Again, trust your own eyes, you all saw it. You don't need talking heads to tell you what you saw. I thought it was pretty clear.

Maybe it's a one game thing - but I thought Maiava looked better than Doug has looked all year. More accurate arm, seems to have better pocket presence, the feet aren't as happy ... he just looked the part of the better quarterback by a large margin. Eyeball test, at least. I don't think UNLV wins this game with Doug finishing.

That said, I do think the team played harder, more focused, with Jayden in there. I don't think it's a conscious thing. But confidence is a thing ... and I think that Doug's troubles may be a cumulative thing .... he's ineffective, guys aren't getting stronger, they're losing faith. Get some new blood in there, one they have confidence in - and they go harder. This is just a guess because that's the way it appears ... insiders would know better if there's any truth to this.

Maiava was far from perfect and that late pick makes him the goat of the game if UNLV doesn't pick up the win. But aside from that mistake, he was very solid, not spectacular, but more than enough to keep the offense looking more fluid/far less disjointed.

Again, trust your own eyes, you all saw it. You don't need talking heads to tell you what you saw. I thought it was pretty clear.
So, the question is whether we'll see Maiava as the starting quarterback next week? I thought that Maiava has been the better quarterback over the last three weeks although he was in a backup roll. It's unsettling that our starting quarterback has to be taken out of the first three games. Additionally, Maiava's has improved over this period too.

It's been pretty clear to me as of two seasons ago. I've said as much here before. We were never going to get far with the previous guy. But, to your point, Maiava gives us a chance. He will make some freshman mistakes. He isn't perfect. But, I'll gladly take the chance with him.

So, the question is whether we'll see Maiava as the starting quarterback next week? I thought that Maiava has been the better quarterback over the last three weeks although he was in a backup roll. It's unsettling that our starting quarterback has to be taken out of the first three games. Additionally, Maiava's has improved over this period too.
Has to be Maiava moving forward, no?

I don’t think this was a game where Maiava got lucky or played over his head. He looks confident and poised, throws a nice ball.

Usually a QB controversy it’s relatively close … but we keep waiting for Doug to come around, for the line to play stronger for him … it happened last season too. And I get it, because when he has what he needs, he’s pretty good. But Maiava looks better and more ready to go.

Has to be Maiava moving forward, no?

I don’t think this was a game where Maiava got lucky or played over his head. He looks confident and poised, throws a nice ball.

Usually a QB controversy it’s relatively close … but we keep waiting for Doug to come around, for the line to play stronger for him … it happened last season too. And I get it, because when he has what he needs, he’s pretty good. But Maiava looks better and more ready to go.
After that nice pass he threw there at the end his confidence must be sky high right now. And yes he has looked poised in all three games thus far.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
This game was a better comparison than previous in game comparisons. At Michigan, they brought in the 2s and were playing less aggressive. Bryant was also a lopsided game.

But even in this game we protected much better for Jaden over Doug. He did have much better protection for whatever reason.

Was is our O line adjusting protections after watching Doug get rocked? Was it the fact that the film tells us that Doug isn't good identifying blitzes or making quick throws and/or play calls to adjust for it? It could be both.

Apparently Doug has been cleared to play after the game?

I honestly could either QB start next game. Sure it looks obvious to US from the outside looking in, but there may be other factors we aren't aware of.

Jaden also struggled handling the ball with run plays basically killed parts of the running game as well.

I'm not saying Doug should start. From what I've seen Jaden and the offense has looked much better overall this season. But I could also see Doug continue to get the start just because there may be reasons that we aren't privy to that would make that happen. But if he does he needs to show me something. Thats for sure.

JM has a very good arm. But Doug does as well. Also Doug did throw for 65% last year so saying he isn't accurate is also a bit misleading. He has not shown it this season for whatever reason.

Reactions: bcvegaspt