ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Let's go, UNLV at UNM!

Pick the victor ....

• UNLV in OT

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • UNLV by 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNLV by 7-13

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • UNLV by 14-20

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • UNLV by 21 +

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • UNM in OT

• UNM by 1-6

• UNM by 7-13

• UNM by 14-20

• UNM by 21+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
DATE: Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023
KICKOFF: 3:02 pm PT
SITE: University Stadium (37,440/Artificial) Albuquerque, NM
TV: SSSEN (Jeff Siembiada & George Carter)
STREAM: Mountain West Network (Jeff Siembiada & George Carter)
RADIO: ESPN 1100 AM & 100.9 FM (Russ Langer, Caleb Herring & Steve Cofield)
& SiriusXM Channel 384

Let's hear who you got ....

Line up your predictions, post updates, info, insights, stats, embed tweets, videos, pics, whatever you want … make your picks and post as the game progresses, this will serve as the game thread. Anything you want related to the UNLV at UNM game, Saturday afternoon in Albuquerque.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Time to bounce back after a tough loss. On the road again. I don’t think it will be a total blowout but I do expect a fairly convincing win.

UNLV 38
UNM 24

UNLV is pissed off that they lost a game that they should have won because of a 3rd quarter collapse as well as not being able to finish in the last 7 plus minutes.

I believe 42-10 will be the final score!

They are averaging 30 Pts a game in conference. We are averaging 35 Pts a game. Two common Opponents - Hawaii and Reno. The scores against Hawaii were nearly the same but against Reno we dominated and they lost by 10.

I see a Rebel win but not in a blowout. Rebs 37 - Wild Dogs 27

I think we'll see a few more mistakes on the road, this time early in the first half--but we come back in a convincing style in the second half:

UNLV - 37
UNM - 24

Yeah, I put it at ... 44-17 I think.
Excited Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles GIF

They are averaging 30 Pts a game in conference. We are averaging 35 Pts a game. Two common Opponents - Hawaii and Reno. The scores against Hawaii were nearly the same but against Reno we dominated and they lost by 10.

I see a Rebel win but not in a blowout. Rebs 37 - Wild Dogs 27
Unfortunately a win is not enough for the national pundits. I just want to win. The Rebs need to blow them out. Even the scores is closed as 10 pts, they have to win it with ease and not win by 10 with blood and tears.
I hope Seneca McKie get a chance to redeem himself a little bit. Even a little can go a long way. I would be thrilled to see Jacob DeJ starts.

Last edited:
Game won't be close...

UNLV 48
UNM 21

They give up way to many yards on the ground at almost 6 yards per carry. That's not a good metric for facing us... Maiava won't be asked to throw as much but he will be sharper.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
Rebs rebound big. 45-17
I just want a win. Points are for gamblers, since I am not a gamblers I dont care. Win and move on. UNM is one of the founding school with SDSU and UNLV. The rest of the MWC are incorporated after we lose the original schools to P5 conferences and independence. UNM is cool with me.

But dont lose to them (UNM) though, they will talks a lot of sh!ts. That is their DNA too.

UNLV continues self-inflicted wounds
Hope that's not something we have to be concerned about. Certainly not like Q3 of fresno anyway. Maybe some issues punching it in, but not "can't run consecutive plays on offense or stop anything on defense" type of game.

I do like that you noted a win, which would make self inflicted issues more "deal-with-able"

Let's look at the player's stats...

Hopkins is the starting QB and Dampier is their scamper QB. If you look at the RB stats, Dampier is 2nd in yards. Hopkins TD and INT ratio is not good. Again, he got 10 sacks..so either the O-Line have a weak link and/or Hopkins is pedestrian pocket passer. If you look at the RB list Hopkins is #6 rusher. He is not pedestrian. Their RB corps looks shaky and the O-Line.
Their D through 8 games have a total of 9 sacks vs 19 for UNLV. INT: UNLV 12 UNM 3

Those are the main differences. The rest of the stats appeared to be close. UNLV seems to be better in every aspects or tied.

I believe they got a majority of their defensive stats from the Hawaii game as well...
All 3 Ints and 2 of their 9 sacks...

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Heard JWilliams been practicing? If he is 100%, it will be a blow out.

I believe they got a majority of their defensive stats from the Hawaii game as well...
All 3 Ints and 2 of their 9 sacks...
If that is the case, it might get ugly by the 2nd quarter. The Go Go vs that defense is like oil and water.

Last edited:
I think the game might be a bit of a slog early and UNLV pulls away in the second half.
I think it is the second quarter....then hopefully we see our 2, 3rd strings come in the second half. The points differential might not be more than 10.

The reason why I think that is because of our Go Go offence will tired out any weak defense that cannot afford to stack the box and have decent coverage at the DB and FS positions. I have not watch a single second of UNM game this year, I am just basing this off the stats.

Last edited:
Air Force has equally tough path to end of season with both UNLV and Boise... things could get very interesting

I am watching through Amazon prime through Freevee. A bit better than a phone or computer!

Reactions: 220reb
We get more people for exhibition basketball games!