• Kansas by 1-6

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Kansas by 7-15

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Kansas by 15+

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Beating a ranked Arizona State team in Sundevil Stadium, beating Wisconsin, beating Arkansas in the Bowl game. This game is up there just because of the national audience for it.
That win against Wisconsin was incredible. I'll never forget the feeling I had that day.

Beating Arkansas in the bowl game was huge too.

I hope Hajj or Friel get reps. SLuka can run but sheeesh you have Ricky White and Jacob De Jesus

There's some things in the passing game to clean up. No argument.

But Ricky and Jacob both dropped passes that could have gone for huge gains. Ricky also pulled up on a route that he should have continued to run through. Even announcers brought it up. Not all on Ricky. UNLV runs a lot of option routes so miscommunication between QB and WRs are bound to happen.

Again not putting it totally on them. Drops are going to happen. Maybe Sluka was late on the throw, maybe he misread the option route and they had to adjust late. Going to happen.

KU also has two very very good CBs thar are viewed as NFL prospects.

Can the passing game get better. Absolutely. Can Sluka get better. Yep.

They have a bye week to get some stuff figured out.

Last edited:
There's some things in the passing game to clean up. No argument.

But Ricky and Jacob both dropped passes that could have gone for huge gains. Ricky also pulled up on a route that he should have continued to run through. Even announcers brought it up. Not all on Ricky. UNLV runs a lot of option routes so miscommunication between QB and WRs are bound to happen.

KU also has two very very good CBs thar are viewed as NFL prospects.

Can the passing game get better. Absolutely. Can Sluka get better. Yep.

They have a bye week to get some stuff figured out.
How much of that is due to a lack of confidence? It’s not like he throws a smooth ball. It’s one thing if you know you’re going to get hit in the chest or led properly, it’s another thing trying to catch thinking you’re going to have to contort?

That’s not an excuse for poor route running or drops.

Just seems like chemistry is off.

How much of that is due to a lack of confidence? It’s not like he throws a smooth ball. It’s one thing if you know you’re going to get hit in the chest or led properly, it’s another thing trying to catch thinking you’re going to have to contort?

That definitely could be part of it.

He was never going to be Drew Brees and complete 70% of his passes.

I think the passing game will get some rhythm. We won't be air raid, but there were three passes that should have resulted in big plays.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
They definitely could be part of it.

He was never going to be Drew Brees and complete 70% of his passes.

I think the passing game will get some rhythm. We won't be air raid, but there were three passes that should have resulted in big plays.
Later camp. No throws in the second half of two games …. I’m hoping that’s part of it.

What WILL help is a lot of eyes were on this game. Or it captured eyes that usually don’t get to see UNLV. I don’t think they’ll crack it, but maybe. One more should do it, let’s make it two more for good measure.
It was the only game today. Whupped their ass at home.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

Agreed with the chemistry part. Marion did not look happy. Will open up alot if we can fine tune it just a bit. Got ultra conservative with the play calling late in game. I dont know if that was by design??? Our Defensive coach made great adjustments.

Agreed with the chemistry part. Marion did not look happy. Will open up alot if we can fine tune it just a bit. Got ultra conservative with the play calling late in game. I dont know if that was by design??? Our Defensive coach made great adjustments.
I think we saw “in sluka we trust” in the 4th. Kaepernickish in a way.