• FAU by 6-13

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • FSU by 14-20

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • FSU by 21+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Line up your predictions, post updates, info, insights, stats, embed tweets, videos, pics, whatever you want … make your picks and post as the game progresses, this will serve as the game thread. Anything you want related to the UNLV at Fresno game, Saturday night in Fresno.

https://unlv.rivals.com/news/key-clash-between-rebels-and-bulldogs
Here are the Fresneck's stats thus far

From what I can see, Keene is the starting QB and leader of this team. If he is out, Fife will starts. He is a better runner than Keene but his Comp% is nearly below average. Looks for happy feet from Fife. Keene did have 15 sacks, so he might be ideal for UNLV defense. The OL allow keene to be sacked 15 times, there is a weakness somewhere. To be cont....
Without ever seeing him play Gilliam is 5'10 216 is a big RB. While Sherrod is 5'8 170 lbs. Thunder and lightning?
As you can see, their receivers corps and TE are impressive. While their QBs are small in stature but their receivers are impressive. If Fife is the starter and he cannot deliver the ball to those receivers, Fresno will have a tough night with UNLV. Zone blitz against Fife is my guess.
Defense, they look bland until they bring their safety blitz. Huh?
I am going watch a few games Fresneck play just looking at the defense.

Last edited:
While I think Fresno is good, I don’t think they’re unbeatable. If we can be bowl eligible by week 8, we can win here. Gotta believe…
UNLV 34-31

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Pained me to do it, but I voted Fresno by 1-5. Not really a strong feeling, I can see UNLV by 10 and Fresno by as many as 8 or so. The coaching will really come into play against a guy like Tedford.

I am not confident about this one, but for the first time in a long time I'm not immediately defeated as a fan.

However, I think Mikey Keene plays and plays well early but has to leave due to a re-aggravated ankle after Fresno gets up a couple of scores. We put some pressure on the defense and the talent and depth on the Bulldog defense will start to show in the second half--and we'll lose the turnover battle in the second half and Fresno holds off a too late comeback.

Fresno - 38
UNLV - 31

From a win/loss perspective it doesn't matter. From a pride/taking the next step perspective I think it matters to the coaches and players. I'm going with the win even if it's a close one. Our defense has been stepping up and hitting super hard. It's like they've chosen a new identity. I'm rolling with that.

We've definitely had our fortunes being on the positive side of close games this season. We will not be so fortunate this time.

Fresneck 35
UNLV 30

I think we are really going to surprise a lot of people this game
I can see UNLV really clicking on both sides and opening a lot of eyes. Not saying that will happen … but something like that IS NOT a long shot.

We’ve seen evidence against similar teams of a blistering running game … against similar teams we have moved it through the air well …. Against similar teams special teams has done well … and against similar teams we were good against the pass and/or rush.

I still don’t believe we’ve seen them put it all together for 45 plus minutes. And we may not for the season … but if they DO put it all together, I believe they CAN beat any team in conference, including AFA. I really believe that. Not in a blind optimist way (I think most of you probably realize by now that I’m anything but a blind optimist) … but in a yeah, I’ve seen it, so I know we are actually capable, without flukes .. of doing it.

This team has competed favorably when they are down … they’ve built upon leads when they are up. I’ve seen zero lack of effort (our teams of the past certainly have just gone through the motions whether they were a big favorite or a big dog) … there’s a lot to like.

UNLV wins a close one 30 to 26. Pizano sets another UNLV kicking record. Defense does enough to hold FSU. Offense does enough to eat clock and get us to field goal range. Special teams neuters FSU scoring potential and is perfect on the tries.

End of season we’ll get a cast bronze replica of Pizano’s leg and position it so its kicking the MW cup/banner/ trophy/ whatever they give us when we win.

If we want to win this we have to put the ball in the end zone for td's. Not settle for fg's. I think between Fresno, Wyoming and Air Force that Fresno is the mostly likely for UNLV to get a win. Just don't see it happening playing @ Fresno.
Really hope I am wrong
UNLV 24
Fresno 38

Ok pal, you can take your negative Nancy and probably communist leanings elsewhere..
I think we have found rebswin's favorite drink, feels like he has been drinking it for a while

haterade.png

It is worth noting that this is a pretty big game for Fresno, arguably bigger than it is for UNLV.

Fresno already has one conference loss, and they do not play Air Force. So win here, and their path to the MW championship gets relatively easy.

If we win here, we can potentially lose to both Air Force and Wyoming and likely win the tie breaker over Fresno for the Championship game.

Again assuming all teams win the games "they are supposed to".

Last edited:
It is worth noting that this is a pretty big game for Fresno, arguably bigger than it is for UNLV.

Fresno already has one conference loss, and they do not play Air Force. So win here, and their path to the MW championship gets relatively easy.

If we win here, we can potentially lose to both Air Force and Wyoming and likely win the tie breaker over Fresno for the Championship game.

Again assuming all teams win the games "they are supposed to".
Nice to have a game with huge implications this late in the year, isn’t it?

Anticipation used to be reserved for hoops. Not right now.

Nice to have a game with huge implications this late in the year, isn’t it?

Anticipation used to be reserved for hoops. Not right now.
It feels insane to even consider, but we are 5th on this list for NY6 bowl potential.

We would have to win out, but so would practically everyone else on this list.

We would likely need some help from Tulane or JMU if they stay undefeated. However, if we were to win out we could easily jump them due to having a much tougher road than those schools.

Sorry, sorry. One game at a time I know. This is what happens when your team is staying relevant this late in the season. you start to read too many articles!

It feels insane to even consider, but we are 5th on this list for NY6 bowl potential.

We would have to win out, but so would practically everyone else on this list.

We would likely need some help from Tulane or JMU if they stay undefeated. However, if we were to win out we could easily jump them due to having a much tougher road than those schools.

Sorry, sorry. One game at a time I know. This is what happens when your team is staying relevant this late in the season. you start to read too many articles!
LOL .7% chance! Not 7% but point-7% as in less than 1%. Still, as you say, it’s great to be on the list! I’ll take .7%!!

• Love
LOL .7% chance! Not 7% but point-7% as in less than 1%. Still, as you say, it’s great to be on the list! I’ll take .7%!!
It is funny, but they still listed us higher than Fresno State, Toledo, and Wyoming.

Less than 1% seems low. If we win out (including the MW championship) then we would automatically bump the other MW teams on the list and we would be in great shape. I don't know if winning out is < 1%. Its not good, but I would say better than 1%!

IF that were to happen, then I think our resume looks better than an undefeated JMU or Liberty. Even Tulane. Losing to Michigan (who may have cheated) is better than Ole Miss.

Win tomorrow and the numbers would change drastically, simply since we will look more legit. Lose, and we are out. No worries. We could still have a chance at a MW championship if we lose, so there is that.

UNLV is going to win this game. The margins is depend on who QB for Fresneck. That is my prediction. 1 point to double digits. 1-10+ pts. But UNLV will win and my prediction is that the Rebels went on an early lead and hold on. If FSU got an earlier lead, it will be tough.

Reactions: SMrebelx
Damn I really wanted to bid on the Rebel Jerseys.

I wanted #21 because that jersey would have fit me and #54 (Suge Knight)

Also would have gotten #94 because that’s the year I graduated.