• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Line up your predictions, post updates, info, insights, stats, embed tweets, videos, pics, whatever you want … make your picks and post as the game progresses, this will serve as the game thread. Anything you want related to the UNLV/Bryant game.

I'll go with UNLV 38 Vandy 34

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I can see this game going one of two ways. Vandy has proved to have a pretty good offense, but not a great defense. Our defense hasn't been terrible, but hasn't looked great either. I feel like Vandy either blows us out, as shown in option 1 below. Or, UNLV pulls out a narrow win as shown in option 2. Obviously hoping for option 2.

Option 1: Vandy 41 - UNLV 20
Option 2: UNLV 34 - Vandy 31

Even though I really like the Odom hire I still don't have much faith that UNLV will ever turn the corner so I am not sure why I am picking UNLV in this game other than gut feeling but I am going with
UNLV 31
Vandy 30

Rebels 28, Vandy 24...

Just cant throw an offensive number out that that makes sense to win by a larger margin because we havent seen it yet...

Line up your predictions, post updates, info, insights, stats, embed tweets, videos, pics, whatever you want … make your picks and post as the game progresses, this will serve as the game thread. Anything you want related to the UNLV/Bryant game.

This is also my prediction.

You should have a Rebel-net's tailgate for this game, Joe. Blast it out tomorrow....it is a very important game.

Reactions: 220reb
I know I’m making this prediction with my heart instead of my head, but will go with UNLV 30-27.

UNLV 34
Vandy 21
I think the Go-Go opens some eyes this game. This game is gonna be won in the trenches which ever line wants it more is gonna win this one

We all have such rosie-red glasses LOL! If our predictions were accurate UNLV would have bowled the last 3 years and we’d be holding a Big12 invite!! 😂
New coach, experienced coach, new philosophy. I won’t call it optimistic … just yet to be jaded and fall into the same old, same old mindset just yet.

We really need this Win. Vandy has been turning the ball over. I am excited to see how we match up. Offense has to keep the foot on the gas!!

REBS 47
VANDY 34

I love the optimism. The optimism might actually just be fact. I was once very optimistic… Years of it, actually. Years. Over the years that optimism with unlv football has endured the equivalent of having a loved one getting their parole denied multiple times, said loved one being on an airing of intervention, with multiple follow ups that leave you saddened and empty, an airing of celebrity rehab, joining other C list randos that have big dreams but can’t get out of their own way, knowing their 15 minutes of fame from the Clinton administration was the peak, endured multiple broken ribs, orbital socket bruising, kidney stones, and full mouth rehab, along with the police being called and everyone in the neighborhood witness said loved one being peeled of the lawn, drunkenly yelling about who they are and that their lawyer will sue them all, when in fact, they are “trying to figure out their next joby job step” and living with their much younger, married with children, brother.

One day we’ll get there. I’ll never give up hope. I do hope to be alive to see it, and I’m in my 40s.

I feel that this is a pivotal game for the Rebs. If we win it really improves our chance for a future bowl game. But if we don't get better, and more aggressive play, out of the quarterbacks and defense, it will be a morale buster.

I feel that this is a pivotal game for the Rebs. If we win it really improves our chance for a future bowl game. But if we don't get better, and more aggressive play, out of the quarterbacks and defense, it will be a morale buster.
I can see a well played game - UNLV being solid on multiple facets of the game - that ends with an L and still having some hope. The devil is in the details - a loss isn’t a loss isn’t a loss, even if it is a loss … and the same thing for wins. It’s easy to look at a letter - an L or a W and be done with it. But there’s so much more to it. ESPECIALLY given what the UNLV football program has been; that it’s a new coach, etc.

This is not technically a make or break game for this season. Plenty of other winnable games left.

However, a win feels like it will go a long way. Also I expect a coming out party for our offense and defense, at least in terms of play calling. So very curious how effective this can be. So for me, it definitely adds juice to watching today's game.

A win would also probably make us favorites for the following 3-4 games which if we can get would be huge for bowl eligibility, and this program in general.

Copy this from the MWCBoard

Seems like Xavier Carter is back?