ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Boise at UNLV for the MWC championship!

Who wins the MWC Championship?

• UNLV in OT

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • UNLV by 1-5

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • UNLV by 6-10

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • UNLV by 11-19

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • UNLV by 20+

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • BSU in OT

• BSU by 1-5

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • BSU by 6-10

• BSU by 11-19

• BSU by 20+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m concerned as a program we are not ready to win these big games. Do I think we are more talented than Boise this year? Absolutely. This isn’t a knock on Odom or the team, more just I think we are a few years away of winning culture to bring home these games that mean everything we should win.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Broncos 35 UNLV 17

Broncos double coverage Ricky White all day..

Rebels forget how to run the ball.

Ballungay 5 touches 2 TD’s

I’m concerned as a program we are not ready to win these big games. Do I think we are more talented than Boise this year? Absolutely. This isn’t a knock on Odom or the team, more just I think we are a few years away of winning culture to bring home these games that mean everything we should win.
This is a legitimate concern!

We are in our first season of success in 10 years, it takes more to be a winning program. Saying this is not a knock on anyone, I have enjoyed the number 9 next to my alma mater’s name in the win/loss column but we don’t compare to a Boise just yet as a football program. We need to win consistently for years for the tradition to change, I think Odom is the beginning, keeping him is the next step and everything else comes next!

Broncos 35 UNLV 17

Broncos double coverage Ricky White all day..

Rebels forget how to run the ball.

Ballungay 5 touches 2 TD’s
If they want to double Rickey on the deep balls all day I’d be happy since they run a 4-2-5 base. Outside runs would be easy picking and get at least 4.5 each touch.

Having a nickel base and bad pass defense means that can’t get pressure which leaves holes down field. Please let them double Rickey all day.

This is a legitimate concern!

We are in our first season of success in 10 years, it takes more to be a winning program. Saying this is not a knock on anyone, I have enjoyed the number 9 next to my alma mater’s name in the win/loss column but we don’t compare to a Boise just yet as a football program. We need to win consistently for years for the tradition to change, I think Odom is the beginning, keeping him is the next step and everything else comes next!
I do not feel this way.
Just like I didn't think it mattered that we hadn't beaten CSU in forever earlier this year.
The past means nothing at this point. The culture change has been made and it is more than apparent that these are NOT the SOR.
Does that make me think we win? Not necessarily. I'm worried because Boise is still very talented and they have simply been playing better ball than us the past few weeks.
This will be one of the tougher games of this season for sure.
Boise has their weaknesses and I trust this staff to come up with a good gameplan to give us a chance to win.
Previous years mean nothing. This is not the same team that won that Fiesta bowl. We are not the same team that went 0-fer that COVID year. It's all about right now. This team won't give up or be overwhelmed by the moment. If we lose it is because this Boise team just played better tomorrow. Not because of anything in the past.

If they want to double Rickey on the deep balls all day I’d be happy since they run a 4-2-5 base. Outside runs would be easy picking and get at least 4.5 each touch.

Having a nickel base and bad pass defense means that can’t get pressure which leaves holes down field. Please let them double Rickey all day.
Look at the big brains on reagan! Nicely done.

I do not feel this way.
Just like I didn't think it mattered that we hadn't beaten CSU in forever earlier this year.
The past means nothing at this point. The culture change has been made and it is more than apparent that these are NOT the SOR.
Does that make me think we win? Not necessarily. I'm worried because Boise is still very talented and they have simply been playing better ball than us the past few weeks.
This will be one of the tougher games of this season for sure.
Boise has their weaknesses and I trust this staff to come up with a good gameplan to give us a chance to win.
Previous years mean nothing. This is not the same team that won that Fiesta bowl. We are not the same team that went 0-fer that COVID year. It's all about right now. This team won't give up or be overwhelmed by the moment. If we lose it is because this Boise team just played better tomorrow. Not because of anything in the past.
We are talking tradition and a culture of winning that is in the process of being changed going forward, that is what I was agreeing with. Boise‘s program is a winner year in and year out the last 23 years, that is a fact, you cannot argue that. It will take more than one underachieving season to change the reality of that.

Who knows what will happen tomorrow but a winning culture where there is pride and a winning tradition takes more time to take hold especially at a perennial loser like UNLV!

I don’t agree with this one year being a culture change, it’s a start but there are still many miles to go!

You say history doesn’t matter, I say until you change things it does!

We are talking tradition and a culture of winning that is in the process of being changed going forward, that is what I was agreeing with. Boise‘s program is a winner year in and year out the last 23 years, that is a fact, you cannot argue that. It will take more than one underachieving season to change the reality of that.

Who knows what will happen tomorrow but a winning culture where there is pride and a winning tradition takes more time to take hold especially at a perennial loser like UNLV!

I don’t agree with this one year being a culture change, it’s a start but there are still many miles to go!

You say history doesn’t matter, I say until you change things it does!
The change is made.
We freaking ties for first place in the conference and are hosting the dzmn thing,
How can you follow this team and not recognize a significant culture change has been made,
Ian Johnson isn't suiting up for these Broncos. They freaking fired their coach mid season and have had top players leave the team as well.
What they have done since then is very impressive no doubt.
This game is about the 2023 Rebels and the 2023 Broncos. And it should be a good game

The change is made.
We freaking ties for first place in the conference and are hosting the dzmn thing,
How can you follow this team and not recognize a significant culture change has been made,
Ian Johnson isn't suiting up for these Broncos. They freaking fired their coach mid season and have had top players leave the team as well.
This game is about the 2023 Rebels and the 2023 Broncos. And it should be a good game
The receiver who left..can he still play for them? lol..

Idiot

The change is made.
Dude I don’t agree with you!
I recognize there has been a shift but a change takes longer in my opinion.
Why are you trying so hard, let it go!

Baldwin saw time last game. Jerrae should be back. I want both. We need guys making strong tackles …

Williams is disruptive because he can play/line up anywhere. He's a very sure tackler for not being a big guy. I think we could see him used to blitz, spy Green, line up near line vs the run.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Dude I don’t agree with you!
I recognize there has been a shift but a change takes longer in my opinion.
Why are you trying so hard, let it go!
You started this my guy.
And it's cool that we don't agree. You put out your thoughts and I countered. It's called civil discourse.

Regardless of how things end up. Who do you think has a brighter future, UNLV or UNR?

You fired your coach in just two years and it was in part because the north can’t stand the south doing well, so you have to shake it up.
They'll bring 77 yr old Ault back as HC, just watch... it's all they can do

Just got to my usual seats. Teams are on opposite side. BS. Didn't say squat when I purchased these. Typical.

Just got to my usual seats. Teams are on opposite side. BS. Didn't say squat when I purchased these. Typical.
Strange, during warm ups, each team was on opposite side.

Captains come out for coin toss and now are on normal side.

Regardless

LFG

Won the toss and deferred again just like SJSU. I get wanting the ball to start the 2nd half but when the other team’s offense is potent I’d rather take the percentages and receive to kick off the game.