ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread Let's go, UNLV at UNM!

Pick the victor ....

• UNLV in OT

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • UNLV by 1-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNLV by 7-13

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • UNLV by 14-20

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • UNLV by 21 +

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • UNM in OT

• UNM by 1-6

• UNM by 7-13

• UNM by 14-20

• UNM by 21+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I gave AF the automatic win. Was only worried about SJSU at this point. Expected FSU to kill us. They got extremely lucky. I say we finish out this season with ZERO losses. I think Army's defense exposed AF's offensive weaknesses and they're finished. Especially after some CO tears apart that game.

#NoJinx

Reactions: LVRebel2000
The stats for the game are not really representing the score right now wow..

And the UNM coach has been there 3 years…the quintessential “slow build” that some fans were apologetic about.
Slow build basically means, we made a shitty hire, but I can’t say that, so I’ll ward off the naysayers who can see it very clearly but I’ll throw out some huge catch all safety net to save my feelings because I can’t actually deal with any criticism or negativity. It’s a kumbaya thing.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
To be fair try getting anything done in Albuquerque.

Seriously what's the selling point? Breaking Bad was filmed there?

They discussed dropping football four or five years ago
“Seriously what's the selling point? Breaking Bad was filmed there?”
😂😂🤣😂

Not to be nit-picking from a solid win, but does it seem our offense gets overly conservative when it’s first and goal? I find myself more confident about scoring from the 20 yard line than the 5 yard line. Perhaps its just a hangover from FSU but we barely pushed it over the line tonight when faced with a first and goal from the 5 or 6 yard line.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Not to be nit-picking from a solid win, but does it seem our offense gets overly conservative when it’s first and goal? I find myself more confident about scoring from the 20 yard line than the 5 yard line. Perhaps its just a hangover from FSU but we barely pushed it over the line tonight when faced with a first and goal from the 5 or 6 yard line.
Good observation, I feel this too. I would love to see some big packages down close or some simple misdirection plays or QB rollouts, just something more creative or just line up and move the line of scrimmage with FB or TE!

Alot of offenses struggle with shorter fields. Alot of the motion stuff doesn't fool a defense that has to only defend for 5 yards. They expect us to run and it's hard to run multiple crosses in a 10-15 yard box

Reactions: unlove
I was thinking the same thing if we had won that game we would be right there with Tulane right now for a New Year’s Day bowl which is insane to think about.
Just looking at the schedule Tulane struggled against a 1-8 East Carolina winning 13-10. I believe Tulane will find a way to lose at least 1 of their next 3 games.

Just looking at the schedule Tulane struggled against a 1-8 East Carolina winning 13-10. I believe Tulane will find a way to lose at least 1 of their next 3 games.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Will make it interesting who they go with. Liberty?? Fresno if they win out. Though I hope we put an end to that with a rematch.

@utestream

Where is the contest?
No excuses, enter it. The deadline is either 859 pm or 759 pm Nevada time (don't know how Nevada handles daylight savings tume) on Sunday, November 5th. If you win, think of me while you enjoy your 100k.

No excuses, enter it. The deadline is either 859 pm or 759 pm Nevada time (don't know how Nevada handles daylight savings tume) on Sunday, November 5th. If you win, think of me while you enjoy your 100k.
Dude I thought it was Michelob ultra..

I sure wish I would have put my life savings on this one.

Trying to find anything Rebel football, I came across this. Wow, what a prediction. Not sure if this is a UNM fan or what, but ouch.

"Establishing control at the line of scrimmage will be vital for the Lobos, and if Offensive Coordinator Vincent Bryant can reignite the running game, it could pose challenges for the Rebels.

The level of hunger within this pack of Lobos for a much-needed victory will be intriguing to watch.

In conclusion, the upcoming matchup between UNLV and New Mexico promises to be a critical one for both teams.

Prediction: UNM 35 UNLV 28"

The rest of the article is very long winded, just cherry picking random stats, mostly from each team's last game. Not a good read.

They are averaging 30 Pts a game in conference. We are averaging 35 Pts a game. Two common Opponents - Hawaii and Reno. The scores against Hawaii were nearly the same but against Reno we dominated and they lost by 10.

I see a Rebel win but not in a blowout. Rebs 37 - Wild Dogs 27
This had to be the WORST prediction ever. Go Rebels.