Official Game Thread UNLV at Utah State

Todays winner

• UNLV

Votes: 27 93.1%
  • UTAH STATE

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's get ahead of ourselves, UNM is next at Allegiant Stadium. They'll probably beat us if we dont get at least 50,000 people in the stand to help out the boys! Can we get at least 50K peeps for this badass team?

Not unless Wisconsin is coming to town...

At least not yet..

San Jose is a huge game. After that they will be underdogs in 3 straight games if they lose to San Jose that could potentially be a four game losing streak which would certainly hurt their momentum and possibly their confidence.

San Jose is a huge game. After that they will be underdogs in 3 straight games if they lose to San Jose that could potentially be a four game losing streak which would certainly hurt their momentum and possibly their confidence.

That is a rough stretch...

Not as daunting now as it looked to start the season.

But still tough.

UNM had 2 first downs tonight, blow out city.
MWC is garbage, one game at a time.
2nd half was very conservative, I never felt USU could win, that's bad team.

I think UNLV goes un beaten at home, the conference is total crap it really is.
They beat UNM like a drum coming up.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Had work, could only watch a small portion.. So glad with the outcome.. This really is a different team, actually have a shot to compete for the MWC championship.. Other than Fresno, maybe SDSU, the Rebs can take the division if healthy.. Any word on the receivers/injuries? White/Williams/Weimer..? Heard all 3 went down at some point?

Had work, could only watch a small portion.. So glad with the outcome.. This really is a different team, actually have a shot to compete for the MWC championship.. Other than Fresno, maybe SDSU, the Rebs can take the division if healthy.. Any word on the receivers/injuries? White/Williams/Weimer..? Heard all 3 went down at some point?

I think Williams tried to give it a go before halftime, but couldn't. That seems a little encouraging.

Weimer, I hate to speculate, but it looked a shoulder injury of some sort.

Did White go off with injury? I missed it if he did.

I think Williams tried to give it a go before halftime, but couldn't. That seems a little encouraging.

Okay, well that’s promising news.. I saw White’s stats & assumed he got injured? Zero receptions? Saw he rushed for 1 rep & then no receptions, thought he got injured?

Okay, well that’s promising news.. I saw White’s stats & assumed he got injured? Zero receptions? Saw he rushed for 1 rep & then no receptions, thought he got injured?

Nope, they just couldn't get him the ball. Missed him once in the endzone I think and he had a drop.

Just a tough game for him.

Offense was a bit of a slog all night outside of two drives.

Robbins finished with 81 yards but he earned every single one of them. A lot of 1-2 yard gains.

Reactions: Jay's Rebel's
Nope, they just couldn't get him the ball. Missed him once in the endzone I think and he had a drop.

Robbins finished with 81 yards but he earned every single one of them. A lot of 1-2 yard gains.
One deep pass looked catchable, but it looked like white added a stop and go to his route. Ball ended up being overthrown.
Timing just wasn’t great today. If Kyle Williams and Weimer are out significant time, it will be important to kee Ricky going.

Okay good! Just a slow game, not much opportunities for him.. My mind went straight to injury after reading the box score.. Good to hear that tho.. Hopefully Williams/Weimer are good to go, excited to see what these guys can do.. Sky is the limit at this point..

Okay good! Just a slow game, not much opportunities for him.. My mind went straight to injury after reading the box score.. Good to hear that tho.. Hopefully Williams/Weimer are good to go, excited to see what these guys can do.. Sky is the limit at this point..

After so many years of frustration, I'm trying to temper my excitement some.

I think most of us figured/hoped 2-2 after 4 games.

If they beat UNM next Friday to go 4-1, they will have positioned themselves to where they could be playing meaningful games in November and possibly beyond.

If they beat UNM next Friday to go 4-1, they will have positioned themselves to where they could be playing meaningful games in November and possibly beyond.
Ya, I feel you.. Tough to have that excitement, just to be let down.. I’m use to that with Bball.. lol I’m into Fball just as much as Bball, but it took Arroyo/new facilities to really catch my attention.. I’m right there with you, ready for some meaningful games for the Rebs, I think they’re on their way..

Bullmastiff c'mon man embrace it!!
This team is good and it will be fun to watch them all year.

Williams rolled his ankle with the defender laying on top of it. Weimer shoulder looked dislocated with the defender land on top of him. I dont know about Weimer, it looked painful AF.

Reactions: Jay's Rebel's
Bullmastiff c'mon man embrace it!!
This team is good and it will be fun to watch them all year.
I keep waiting for some hammer to drop and slap some reality on us … but seriously, if you try to step back and look at it from a wide angle … and you don’t consider our past and all the jade … and you take homerism out of it too …

It looks like a very solid football team. Not great, not dominant … but they look the part of being a balanced and solid football team…

Even with that, my primary concerns at this point are depth (which, at this level, will always be a concern) … and that they haven’t played a strong team yet.

But yeah, I’m enjoying the hell out of it. When I awoke this morning, the first thing that went through my mind was a quick replay of key plays from yesterdays game. That USED to happen with me for hoops, but hasn’t for many years …

They are better.

I am enjoying it.

I think 8 wins is possible.
Maybe it is how we have performed in the past but I am still hoping for 6 wins. We SHOULD be able to win this Friday over unm especially since we are playing at home. The next five after UNM are going to be real tough games, @ SJST, AF, @ Notre Dame, @ SDSU, Fresno. I could see us going 0-5 in those games. best case 2-3. But I think it is going to be a rough October and first couple weeks of November. Then finish off @ Hawaii and home against Unr. I wouldn't be surprised if that Unr game is the deciding factor of going bowling or staying home this year.

Maybe it is how we have performed in the past but I am still hoping for 6 wins. We SHOULD be able to win this Friday over unm especially since we are playing at home. The next five after UNM are going to be real tough games, @ SJST, AF, @ Notre Dame, @ SDSU, Fresno. I could see us going 0-5 in those games. best case 2-3. But I think it is going to be a rough October and first couple weeks of November. Then finish off @ Hawaii and home against Unr. I wouldn't be surprised if that Unr game is the deciding factor of going bowling or staying home this year.

That stretch is rough.

Not as scary as it seemed before the start of the season. But still rough.

With injuries I hate to speculate, but knowing a few things here's what it looked like to me.

From the replay it looked like Williams everted his ankle. Likely a medial ankle sprain or high ankle sprain when that happens. Typically a slowly recovery if the case.

If in fact he did test it, that does bode well for the future.

As For Weimer, I think you called it with either a separated shoulder ( AC sprain) or a clavicle injury. Either will likely have him out for a few weeks.

Meanwhile Ricky White has his worst game as a Rebel. Not a ton of targets, missed a TD off his helmet, and also missed a wide open catch that would have moved the chains.

Good news we still have several quality WRs to fill in the gaps. Williams and White are both legit #1 options.

Hopefully White bounces back, Williams' injury is mild, and the next man up fills in admirably.

A lot of people are thinking we are going to go through a 4-5 game stretch that will be hard to win, but on the other side of the ball, those 4-5 teams are going to also play in a game against UNLV that will be hard for them to win!

The fact that Utah State was coming off a bye to prepare for us, at home, backs against the wall, and having a psychological edge over us from beating us for so long was a HUGE win for us. Learning how to win when you're not playing your best, we turtled in the second half definitely a confidence builder. I still have concerns about our offensive line but we got a live contender on our hands.
They need to work on their 4 minute end the game drives we couldn't get first downs there and we let them back in the game gave them hope. I felt the momentum swinging . Need a jumbo package extra lineman forget the tight end. It's a process if we can continue to learn as we win we got a shot.
Just happy for the guys and the fans we've been on the losing end for a long time. Let's not let down throttle New Mexico then we need the biggest road caravan to San Jose we have to take over the stadium a sea of red will do wonders for the boys.