• Hawaii by 6-11

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawaii by 12--20

• Hawaii by 21+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had Aloha Kitchen Saimin Soup after the game near UNLV…

Yuck. Just not that good anymore.

Robbins is big and fast ideal for a RB but the dude is soft af. That dude would dropped before someone hit him...after a hard hit in prior play. Marshmallow af.
Exactly what I was saying about Robbins. Can’t get any plus yards. Benefited by being our only default option with a decent O-line and an inept coach that way overcommitted to him. We’ve had a fair amount of 1,000 yard rushers in our history. He’s EASILY the worst of the lot. He’d be our 5th option this year in this offense with the backs we have now.

It’s good that we are deep with running backs. They keep stepping up. It’s been the best/most consistent unit this season.

But this team really hasn’t come close to putting it all together, not close. I’m not complaining, 4-1 was the best we were going to be at this point so we’ve taken care of business in that respect.

But I still haven’t seen a game where we were at par or above par in most phases of the game.

When UNLV gets AFA or Fresno, or even a bit lower like SDSU … they need to bring so much more than they have so far.

To me the game see "rough". I think it was the untimely penalties - but they didn't look sharp.

It’s good that we are deep with running backs. They keep stepping up. It’s been the best/most consistent unit this season.

But this team really hasn’t come close to putting it all together, not close. I’m not complaining, 4-1 was the best we were going to be at this point so we’ve taken care of business in that respect.

But I still haven’t seen a game where we were at par or above par in most phases of the game.

When UNLV gets AFA or Fresno, or even a bit lower like SDSU … they need to bring so much more than they have so far.
Nice thing about a consistent running game, is that it keeps the team consistent. Gives some protection against an off week. And especially helps when playing with a freshman QB.

Moving the schedule should help quite a bit as the offense continues to find its rhythm. “Should” win 3 of the next 4 which would get us to 7 wins and the ever elusive bowl eligibility. Last 3 games are much tougher, so making sure we beat the teams we should is big.

Of course, this IS UNLV, so only looking forward with cautious optimism. Just beat Reno

Nice thing about a consistent running game, is that it keeps the team consistent. Gives some protection against an off week. And especially helps when playing with a freshman QB.

Moving the schedule should help quite a bit as the offense continues to find its rhythm. “Should” win 3 of the next 4 which would get us to 7 wins and the ever elusive bowl eligibility. Last 3 games are much tougher, so making sure we beat the teams we should is big.

Of course, this IS UNLV, so only looking forward with cautious optimism. Just beat Reno
We took some dings so that extra week will help. And we will have the QB thing, Doug should be ready.

Just beat UNR, sit at 5-1 on the verge of bowl eligibility. That’s a good position especially if you haven’t played a near complete game yet.

Reactions: 220reb
Tough call for QB at UNR. JM has brought stability but a freshman up north could be risky. On the other hand, would changing back to DB be too disruptive to the rhythm of the offense?

Reactions: Rod_the_Rebel
Tough call for QB at UNR. JM has brought stability but a freshman up north could be risky. On the other hand, would changing back to DB be too disruptive to the rhythm of the offense?
Oof - why’d I have to read this as I’m trying to go to sleep…. This will cause debate for sure and I think I could argue either way honestly.

Could be that RB depth took a hit with Jordan Younge-Humphrey going down on kickoff coverage and the way he rolled and rolled and had no weight on it going to the tent.
I didn't see Naki play much if at all.
Good to see Jalen St. John play a good portion of the game as well.
Darius Johnson shook off a ding on special teams on UH sideline on his leg to finish the game.
Did it seem as if Doug B was in an emergency role? Didn't catch any pregame coverage this week.

Glad Rebs could practically run at will. Didn't seem as is pass game was sharp this week. Seemed like UH DBs were mostly in stride and knocked down quite a few passes.

Agree being happy with where they are and that there seems as if there is more in the tank for what they could be. Hoping Rebs deliver against Reno.

Could be that RB depth took a hit with Jordan Younge-Humphrey going down on kickoff coverage and the way he rolled and rolled and had no weight on it going to the tent.
I didn't see Naki play much if at all.
Good to see Jalen St. John play a good portion of the game as well.
Darius Johnson shook off a ding on special teams on UH sideline on his leg to finish the game.
Did it seem as if Doug B was in an emergency role? Didn't catch any pregame coverage this week.

Glad Rebs could practically run at will. Didn't seem as is pass game was sharp this week. Seemed like UH DBs were mostly in stride and knocked down quite a few passes.

Agree being happy with where they are and that there seems as if there is more in the tank for what they could be. Hoping Rebs deliver against Reno.
It’s hard to know which back is going to go off because they all get opportunities. Limited opportunities, but they get them. And they all seem to do something with them. It’s a nice strength, but would also be cool to have a set like this behind a more dominant stand out back, like Chuck or Lex.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Been pretty close on all of them I think.

And this game in particular - went exactly the way you’d think it would go. Only consideration was it going to have that jacked up, controversial, very significant outcome changing type of event that sometimes hit UNLV/UH games.

One of my favorite moments in the game...

#1 From Hawaii their safety was chirping the entire game. Doing a lot of chest pounding throughout. I forget which TD run it was be he got absolutely juked out of his jock and was walking back to the sidelines all forlorn and you could hear the sad Charlie Brown music playing in his head.

It’s hard to know which back is going to go off because they all get opportunities. Limited opportunities, but they get them. And they all seem to do something with them. It’s a nice strength, but would also be cool to have a set like this behind a more dominant stand out back, like Chuck or Lex.

It's tough when you have a crowded position group to keep guys engaged. Odom has balanced out the carries just enough to seemingly keep everybody happy.

Carries for the top four backs (Thomas leads the way)
55, 35, 35, 29.

Even the 5th back has 18..

Donavyn Lester is nearly the same size as Aiden Robbins btw. He has struggled a bit leading up to this game, but really showed what he could do yesterday. Nice to see.

Reactions: RebelsDen
I don't think DB has been any better than JM they both have their issues so based on that and for the future of the program I say stay with the freshman. He is making freshman mistakes but I think he will overcome those down the road. At this point I think DB is who he is, someone who runs too much and gets injured too often. His floor may be slightly lower at this point but think JM has a much higher ceiling.