• Poll closed .

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Line: SDSU -8, Saturday , 400 pm PST, CBSSN

Line up your predictions, post updates, info, insights, stats, embed tweets, videos, pics, whatever you want … make your picks and post as the game progresses. Anything you want related to the UNLV/SDSU game.

I hope we win but don't have a very good feeling about this one. If we have a chance we have to get off to a good start. We go down by 2-3 touch downs early if won't end very pretty

UNLV 27-17. Bye week plus return of Brumfield and Robbins help the Rebs roll.

Play calling vs execution right there. Hit Williams right in the hands. Would have converted 3rd and 7. Kept drive alive.

The play call was absolutely correct.

Execution wasn't there..

Three QB sneaks to gain room to punt the ball? Are you kidding me? That’s some confidence in your offensive game. Most teams are thinking 99 yard drive and the Rebs are just hoping to punt the ball successfully.

Meh. Half yard line is a tough spot. Didn't gain much with the sneaks, then the hold call put them right back

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Also Doug has been good, but our guys can't catch the ball!

These WRs need to show up to play. At least 3 drops so far with the starters back in action. Not good.

Team might lose out, Arroyo waiting for Bryant next yr home opener to unleash offense, what joke.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
Team might lose out, Arroyo waiting for Bryant next yr home opener to unleash offense, what joke.
I feel far differently. With Doug and the receivers back (though they’ve hurt us in this game), with Robbins back, with the focus in this game, with the defense stepping up …

I feel very good about the remaining games. Better than I thought I would.

hey, I want to win this game and we still can and I will be disappointed if we don’t … but you can’t let losing (or winning vs a bad opponent) cloud what you see.

and now they fumble. Blah.

That was great defensive drive, team horrible, I given up on them, weak mentally and losing continues.
No way they beat Reno

Fumble blow out city again.
You aren’t seeing certain things. We are stuffing the shit out of their run game. Oh, UNLV is still vulnerable at spots, don’t get me wrong. But if you arent seeing some promising things defensively, I don’t know what to tell you.

Then again, it can implode at any moment, this is UNLV.

That was great defensive drive, team horrible, I given up on them, weak mentally and losing continues.
No way they beat Reno

Fumble blow out city again.
Exactly. It’s really odd that they can’t even do the simple things right. Why is it the teams we play don’t have the same bonehead mental plays time after time? It’s truly the definition of “same old rebels”.

You aren’t seeing certain things. We are stuffing the shit out of their run game. Oh, UNLV is still vulnerable at spots, don’t get me wrong. But if you arent seeing some promising things defensively, I don’t know what to tell you.

That defense on that receiving TD left a lot to be desired that’s for sure. Plus they are going against a QB that played safety two weeks ago.

Exactly. It’s really odd that they can’t even do the simple things right. Why is it the teams we play don’t have the same bonehead mental plays time after time? It’s truly the definition of “same old rebels”.
We aren’t quite to “same old Rebels” just yet this game. It may well happen but it hasnt yet.

Last thing, as a reminder once again, Rebs had two weeks to prepare for this game. This is the offense? Absolutely atrocious game planing, execution, and coaching. It’s like watching a train wreck right now, lol.

Reactions: RunninReb1989
That defense on that receiving TD left a lot to be desired that’s for sure. Plus they are going against a QB that played safety two weeks ago.
I’m not expecting perfection. Offensively, we’ve sucked. Execution and play calling.

Defensively we have been fine.

Let’s see what we dial up in second half. It’s been our strength.

Last thing, as a reminder once again, Rebs had two weeks to prepare for this game. This is the offense? Absolutely atrocious game planing, execution, and coaching. It’s like watching a train wreck right now, lol.

How is the game plan bad when you have 3 possibly 4 drops and a fumble on your longest play of the day.

The calls are right, the execution has failed.

Reactions: NSU67

Aztecs QB is horrible, run defense actually played well, but offense is totally lost, since NTX game.

Arroyo offensive guy, and offense is horrible. 82 yrds of offense.