• SDSU by 10-19

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • UNLV by 20+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SDSU by 20+

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Defense was good…except when it really mattered. But if you give up only 13 points you should win every time. You can’t drive the field twice then throw a pick in the end zone to end it. Plus plays calls were bad 3rd and 5 and go deep to the sideline?
The defense was absolutely good enough to win this game. But in the future, I guarantee, there will soon be a game where we score plenty enough points to win but this time the defense will fall apart causing the loss.

It's all part of the "Curse of Rebel Football".

I have feeling they lose out, offense is dead, just losing program, gave game away, that’s what bad teams do, lose.
i have no confidence in Arroyo at all, will Colorado hire him, not happening.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
But I’m trying to figure out how we’ve gone from we better do everything in our power to secure him, bump his pay, assistants pay, extend his contract …. To let’s fire the bum in a mere six weeks.

we feasted during a gooey soft portion of the season, failed during the most difficult part …. And we will end the season with gooey soft.

Keep this sort of thing in mind …

You would hope but with the starters back last night the offense still looked horrendous. They need to figure out offense and special teams in a hurry if they want to win anything.
To be fair, 2nd half offense was the best it’s been since maybe week 3? Two bad throws in the endzone really hurt.

To be fair, 2nd half offense was the best it’s been since maybe week 3? Two bad throws in the endzone really hurt.
Correct and that’s the problem. If the second half offense is a high point of the last two months (1 TD), it shows that were light years away with this coaching staff.

Staff is now 0-2 this season coming off of byes. Good coaches have their teams ready game planned to win, not be “rusty” which of course is the excuse.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
Correct and that’s the problem. If the second half offense is a high point of the last two months (1 TD), it shows that were light years away with this coaching staff.

Staff is now 0-2 this season coming off of byes. Good coaches have their teams ready game planned to win, not be “rusty” which of course is the excuse.
The only excuse I could accept is that Brumfield was a bit rusty due to his absence from game situations. That being said, it's still an excuse so we still lost, point blank.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
The only excuse I could accept is that Brumfield was a bit rusty due to his absence from game situations. That being said, it's still an excuse so we still lost, point blank.
Yeah Brumfield hasn't thrown to end zone picks before and we really moved the ball so I think he was rusty and we will see better results the next three.

Reactions: bcvegaspt

Byes and also no byes there’s been way too many games where the team comes out flat. New Mexico is a terrible team so we were able to overcome that one but against any halfway decent team you can’t sleep through the first quarter and expect to get back into the game.

Byes and also no byes there’s been way too many games where the team comes out flat. New Mexico is a terrible team so we were able to overcome that one but against any halfway decent team you can’t sleep through the first quarter and expect to get back into the game.
Completely agree. Coach keeps talking building a culture but it’s a culture of mediocrity and complacency out of the gate each week.

Offense was generally good, definitely better than

Drops killed us early, and those 2 picks were just devastating.

It did move the ball decently against a good defensive team in SDSU.

All of that being said, even with Brumfield, it does feel like the offense should be a bit better than it is in general. It seems like we have the horses to be better.

But it has not been "horrible" most of the year.

If it ends up 4-8 with 7 straight losses … don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya …

That’d be, what? A career 6-24 record????? Not many, if any, schools would have the same record.
We strive for perfection here. If he loses out this season, I'll be mad at the 6 wins. The guy had a chance to cement himself as the best worst ever here and he screwed the pooch.

Be better, Arroyo. Be better.