• SDSU by 10-19

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • UNLV by 20+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SDSU by 20+

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So we are down one fkn score. At the half. I don’t like that we didn’t score, don’t like it all.

One score. On the road. Battling hard defensively.

some poor plays, some stupid plays. One score. Just one damn score. On the road.

not happy, but I certainly don’t feel close to defeated. They’ve been pretty good in the second half.

We have not “UNLV’d” this game. Not yet. No sir.

I part way expect it, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
So we are down one fkn score. At the half. I don’t like that we didn’t score, don’t like it all.

One score. On the road. Battling hard defensively.

some poor plays, some stupid plays. One score. Just one damn score. On the road.

not happy, but I certainly don’t feel close to defeated. They’ve been pretty good in the second half. Or the TD.

We have not “UNLV’d” this game. Not yet. No sir.

I part way expect it, but it hasn’t happened yet.
Hail Mary coming up. Now this is where we tend to Unlv things. With a PI that leads to a FG or face mask, some shit like that.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
That's the UNLV defense I expect to open 2nd half, soft zone sit back and get eaten up.

14 zip it's over

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
How is the game plan bad when you have 3 possibly 4 drops and a fumble on your longest play of the day.

The calls are right, the execution has failed.
Calls are right? Game plan is bad because we did zilch on offense the first half. I can’t believe anyone would defend this offensive definciency. The defense hasn’t been perfect, but I would understand giving some credit to them.

Reactions: UNLVINMD
Calls are right? Game plan is bad because we did zilch on offense the first half. I can’t believe anyone would defend this offensive definciency. The defense hasn’t been perfect, but I would understand giving some credit to them.

they did zilch because guys dropped ballls when they were open.

That means the call was right the execution by the player was poor.

The kneel downs I did not agree with.

Saying the calls are poor when wide open dudes are dropping passes or fumbling the ball is flat out ridiculous.

The coach calls the play, he can't throw and catch the ball or block.

Doug's INT was on him. He made saw 1v1 man to man coverage and under threw his guy.

Reactions: j. spilotro
they did zilch because guys dropped ballls when they were open.

That means the call was right the execution by the player was poor.

The kneel downs I did not agree with.

Saying the calls are poor when wide open dudes are dropping passes or fumbling the ball is flat out ridiculous.

The coach calls the play, he can't throw and catch the ball or block.

Doug's INT was on him. He made saw 1v1 man to man coverage and under threw his guy.
Underthrew, looks like he could have went to the outside as well. He’d love to have that toss back. Either to make a better read or better pass … that one can’t be on coaches. It’s execution. And it was key. Even if UNLV only comes out of that with three …0

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Underthrew, looks like he could have went to the outside as well. He’d love to have that toss back. Either to make a better read or better pass … that one can’t be on coaches. It’s execution. And it was key. Even if UNLV only comes out of that with three …0

And now...

Should have pitched on option.

Poor decision on that throw...

And now...

Should have pitched on option.

Poor decision on that throw...
Let’s just say Doug isn’t having a high IQ game. He’s made some nice passes; his receivers haven’t helped him a bit. But he’s been a dummy with decisions tonight. Worst mental game he’s had all year long.

Let’s just say Doug isn’t having a high IQ game. He’s made some nice passes; his receivers haven’t helped him a bit. But he’s been a dummy with decisions tonight. Worst mental game he’s had all year long.
It’s sad when Robbins was tackled on the nice run that you just knew they weren’t going to get in the end zone. They should have at least taken 3 out of that. Way too many mistakes.

Arroyo is conservative coach, he's horrible play calling coach. Defense has been good tonight.

Arroyo is conservative coach, he's horrible play calling coach. Defense has been good tonight.
Agreed, our offensive mastermind from Oregon has dialed up one TD on a fluke big play. 3 red zone possessions without a score? Seriously?

Absolutely the defense has been very good outside of a few misplayed passes and penalties.

Defense is dead. The stood tall as long as they could. Point fingers, blame the offense … but this team is ready to win at least 2 of last 3. This ain’t coaching … some guys were brain dead …

Wow. Reb d looks great most of 2nd half and now cannot stop the run and sd st burns the whole last 6 minutes it looks like

Blame arroyo all you want. Ultimately, it’s his, win or loss. stupid turnovers like this, in the red zone … that’s execution. Not coaching.
Sure the execution was also very bad but you can’t tell me you’re happy with those play calls. Horrible play calls. Rebs about to lose by 4 points when he clearly played for the FG instead of the tying TD on the last red zone possession.

Pin it on offensive stupidity … the coach doesn’t turn it over, drop passes, throw INT’s when you have sure threes … I’m not arroyo fan …. But the offense sucked badly, a detriment … defense battled their ass off. Give up 14 on the road … you did ok defensively. We’d have loss but a tiny bit more with Friel or Bailey, that’s how poor Doug was in critical situations, that’s how poor White Williams were with their hands. Arroyo is no savior, but pin this, if you must pin it, where it belongs. They gave up 14 points. That’s on the offense, plain and simple. Other than the stupid three QB sneaks at the GL, which didn’t end up hurting the Rebels, play calling wasn’t awful.

Sure the execution was also very bad but you can’t tell me you’re happy with those play calls. Horrible play calls. Rebs about to lose by 4 points when he clearly played for the FG instead of the tying TD on the last red zone possession.
Gutes is money. I’d have taken the shot at three if it was legitimate with 6 minutes left. The defense was balling. Absolutely go for the three at that point so you only have to reach the 30 for a chance at the win ….

Thanks Lipstick that decision to pick Arroyo over former NFL and P5 Coach Jim Mora keeps on giving. We basically took away a coach Oregon wanted to let go.

Don’t recall where Ricky’s dumb fumble was …. But the two brain dead Doug INT’s were 6 easy points with Gutes. So maybe 9 off the board because of brain dead player mistakes, not coaching mistakes.

Everything was in place for the upset. The execution and IQ were straight shit.

Don’t recall where Ricky’s dumb fumble was …. But the two brain dead Doug INT’s were 6 easy points with Gutes. So maybe 9 off the board because of brain dead player mistakes, not coaching mistakes.

Everything was in place for the upset. The execution and IQ were straight shit.
And I HATE that I’m having to defend at this point. The team battled hard. They’re poised to win their last three. I fully expect the last two, FSU will be tough, probably similar to today.

I’m not one of these tree hugging kumbaya don’t worry, be happy, silver lining, coach is great until he’s fired, I’m never wrong, you’re wrong, say it as I want you to say it, not as you want to say it types.… this team absolutely battled tonight. It wasn’t hard to see … this isn’t “the same” … not yet … lose to Hawaii and/or Reno, yeah, it’s the same … until then …

Reactions: dcut03
Thanks Lipstick that decision to pick Arroyo over former NFL and P5 Coach Jim Mora keeps on giving. We basically took away a coach Oregon wanted to let go.
While also (over) paying him a boatload of money at the time for a MWC coach. 6-23 in three years is a great return. Yep, thanks Desiree.

Reactions: RunninReb1989
Defense was good…except when it really mattered. But if you give up only 13 points you should win every time. You can’t drive the field twice then throw a pick in the end zone to end it. Plus plays calls were bad 3rd and 5 and go deep to the sideline?

Reactions: RunninReb1989
While also (over) paying him a boatload of money at the time for a MWC coach. 6-23 in three years is a great return. Yep, thanks Desiree.
Overall, money and record … he doesn’t deserve the job if you look at entire slate.

5-6 over last 11? Probably still …. But the UNLV expectations, it’s ok.

this team will win their last two. If not, get rid of his ass.

Penalties don't necessarily kill you.
Blown coverages don't necessarily kill you.
Turnovers don't necessarily kill.

When those things happen, absolutely can kill you.

Two picks in plus territory was a back breaker.

Reactions: lvrebalum2012
Fresno scored 32 against SDSU - Hawaii scored 14 - Reno scored 7.

Looks like we have a chance against Reno.