• Poll closed .

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
Line: Fresno -9.5 Saturday , 730 pm PST, CBSSN

Line up your predictions, post updates, info, insights, stats, embed tweets, videos, pics, whatever you want … make your picks and post as the game progresses. Anything you want related to the UNLV/Fresno game.

Haener is a pretty damn good QB when he’s healthy. He’s just fragile. Hope our dudes apply some pressure on him.

I expect UNLV in full collapse now, Fresno will do whatever they want, losing culture is in full effect.

Unless playing weak and awful team, there not winning, Fresno not good, but good enough to poor prepared team, always excuse.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
Starting to think we are back to be a typical UNLV. Hope they prove me wrong.

Fresno St 38-24

We played them tough last year. I have a good feeling (kinda) for this game

Positive part of me: We win a close one. Offense a little less rusty and little more healthy, starts to click again. Defense keeps momentum from last week.

UNLV 34- Fresno 30

More likely though, defense gets gassed and exploited from a balanced Fresno attack. Offense continues to stutter frequently and can't keep up.

Fresno 34- UNLV 21

Homer pick but I’m going with the Rebels by a TD tonight. Fresno looked great against a terrible Hawaii team last week but 2 weeks ago they needed a miracle finish to beat a mediocre SDSU team. I think Brum plays much better tonight and we get back on track.

Fresno 27
UNLV 34

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Driving in from Phoenix to catch the Rebs tonight and the knights tomorrow - I just need to go back home with one win. Can we get that?
I’m about half way there and just saw a Fresneck at the gas station with his goat and their two kids. Smelled like dog shit and bug spray. I am proudly wearing my unlv alumni t shirt.

• Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
probably one of the greatest football fights in the stands that I have ever seen on the internet

What is with conservative unlv offense? All short screen type passes and runs. As UNLV cannot stop Haener, they need touchdowns.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
What is with conservative unlv offense? All short screen type passes and runs. As UNLV cannot stop Haener, they need touchdowns.
It’s very conservative. But they are getting chunks and eating up time. Keeping the other offense off the field is a decent defense.

On this last drive, eat up the clock, even if it ends up with just three. Don’t give them time, don’t give them the ball …. Probably going to have to throw it at some point though.

It’s very conservative. But they are getting chunks and eating up time. Keeping the other offense off the field is a decent defense.

On this last drive, eat up the clock, even if it ends up with just three. Don’t give them time, don’t give them the ball …. Probably going to have to throw it at some point though.
That last drive was nearly what you wanted. Wasn’t crazy about the option right there, but Robbins was smart enough to tuck it and take a tiny loss instead of forcing it.

Granted, three of the scores were FG’s, but they scored on four first half possessions.

I really don’t have a problem with the conservative play. It may help them open it up in the second half, but UNLV has to come up with something because FSU is bringing pressure.

Scrub out here in a Cowboys Randall Cunningham jersey. Sacrilegious!!!!

Worst Pass Interference call I’ve ever seen, pro or college.. Not a lot on the line but that was ridiculous.. Could very well be the game changing play..

Second half has been full of mistakes and no discipline. 41 yard pass play because of blown coverage to start the half. Then several penalties on first drive. They need to clean up the mental game before they can think about winning the physical game.

Yep, you could see that right from the start. That is why our 3 field goals were not enough. You have to outscore Haener to beat him.
You also have to figure out something to slow him. I know he’s good but he’s got way too much time.

That fumble pretty much seals it. FSU isn’t making mistakes lately, UNLV isn’t slowing them.