ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread Game thread: UNLV at Northern Illinois

No depth. We need @ 10 more good athletes. We'll look better wining two than we did last year but there just isn't enough in the cupboard.
Absolutely. The lack of depth really reared its ugly head as the team just ran out of gas for a bit there.

I like what I saw overall, but it's gonna take another recruiting class or two before we really have a strong idea of what we might be.

Absolutely. The lack of depth really reared its ugly head as the team just ran out of gas for a bit there.

I like what I saw overall, but it's gonna take another recruiting class or two before we really have a strong idea of what we might be.
I agree though early on I really liked what I saw of our fundamentals.

No depth. We need @ 10 more good athletes. We'll look better wining two than we did last year but there just isn't enough in the cupboard.
I think if you asked Nick Saban he would think he needed 10 more good athletes. But you are right, depth is really the issue right now. The drop off at most positions from the 1s to the 2s is a little steeper than you would like to see. Some of that is talent based some of it is experience based. I think this year Coach Sanchez will be forced to play guys more minutes than he would probably like. Hopefully the younger defensive linemen we brought in are able to contribute a little more each week.

Overall I really thought our 1s held up very well vs their 1s. At no point in the game did I feel like we outmatched physically or athletically.