ADVERTISEMENT

This is insane

The keep getting bigger and bigger. Even UNLV has 14 players on the offensive line over 300 pounds as well as another half dozen just under 300 pounds, but the heaviest player on the UNLV OL is 340 pounds.

This is insane

What is the general consensus on here re: Maiava
I don't know about general consensus, but I think Maiava is a superb G5 starting QB, and probably a pretty good P4 starting QB. He doesn't have +arm or +athleticism, but he does see the field well and throws a catchable ball. If he can clean up the freshman errors like forcing, ball security and falling in love with his 1st read he might end up winning the starting job at USC. But you're not paying 7 figures in NiL to let Ju-Ju Lewis sit next year--so unless he proves to be a revelation in the B1G, he's probably going to be transferring again next season. Just my 2 cents.

they are going to recruit over him after this year as they are USC.
The signed Ju-Ju Lewis for 25 who is by most services that #1 or #2 overall QB in the country. They aren't going to try and over-recruit him

This is insane

I believe this year is going to be his only shot there. If he can't make his mark in 24, I can see him transferring again. Reality is, they are going to recruit over him after this year as they are USC. I am rooting for him at USC but not especially confident it will work out. He has talent, maybe it will.
For UNLV he was a good QB, but his overall play at UNLV most likely lost some games for UNLV that they could have won with a better QB, and USC across the board tends to have more talented players.

This is insane

What is the general consensus on here re: Maiava; he is not a good QB, he isnt good enough to play at USC regardless of who he is competing with, or Miller Moss is straight up better than him?
I believe this year is going to be his only shot there. If he can't make his mark in 24, I can see him transferring again. Reality is, they are going to recruit over him after this year as they are USC. I am rooting for him at USC but not especially confident it will work out. He has talent, maybe it will.

Boxing Thread

For sure, he needs to call it a day before he ends up with drain bamage.

Said in an earlier post. Wilder is the same guy now he was when he turned pro. No wrinkles to his game. Never developed beyond one dimensional..Paw with jab and look to land right hand.

Similiar guy smaller weight Tommy Hearns. Evolved over his career. Became a really good body puncher as a middleweight. When he moved up to light heavy and didn't carry his power up with him he absolutely boxed Virgil Hill's ears off.

Wilder feasted on a really bad heavyweight division.

I think if he didn't get them early both Klitchko brothers beat him. I think Riddick Bowe beats him. Lennox beats him. Wilder with his power would always be a threat, but all those guys were better.

USU

The fear of Marion getting poached is overblown and exaggerated to an extent. He would never go to a school like USU a month before the season or right when the offseason begins.
I agree. I think the "he needs to be Head coach in waiting" crowd needs to reflect a bit on how lucky we got Maiava turned out to be a good QB. Will Marrion make a good HC some day, possibly, but losing him to another school isn't the end of the world. And yeah, 100% agree, anyone taking that job a few months before season starts is in for a rough year, and I don't see him looking at that kind of opportunity...

Boxing Thread

Wow, I’m actually impressed with Shakur. He did a complete 180 from his last fight.

That ESPN card was stacked.

That Abdullah Nelson guy is really good. I watched the O whatever u spell his name shockey get robbed. It’s not that he got robbed, you can’t be in cruise control like that and have your corner telling you that you are winning..

I saw the robbery a mile away!!

Ot seems high in the draft for bronny

You must be super happy with UNLV since winning isn’t important.

Money is important to the owners, for sure. If that comes with winning, great, but if they don’t win and get the money, you’re right, they’re fine. Because it’s all about the money.

I don’t see any fan worried about money. No Dodger fan or Yankee fan or Celtics fans give two craps about the team salary, hell, they may whine about ticket prices and merchandise, but they still go and pay. But if they aren’t winning, that’s when they get upset.

So you approach sports from an owner/business standpoint. Fans of the sports don’t do that. They want to win.

And when you say people/fans don’t know who wins. Most don’t. Except for the die hard sports fans, which is a small percentage. … or the fans of the team that wins … it matters to them.

Not many non-UNLV fans remember we won a championship in hoops.

Do you remember when it was? Does every other fan here know when it was? Of course they do. Because that’s what matters to them.

If you’re taking a world/national/owner/business view, then not much of what matters in everyday life matters.
Its NOT my disposition_ i don't like it anymore than you do _ i am just aware of it. The beauty of sports is tainted by money. its progressively got worse over the last 30 years all because of money. Actually money kind of ruins a lot of things.

Think about high school kids being payed to play now. They just passed the NIL rule for HS sports here in Florida so all the IMG kids are getting deals and sponsors. At an age where they should be learning just basic fundamentals. NOw they have to think about " Should I pass to my team mates. What happens if it hurts my stats and effect my Sponsorship or how much I get paid if I pass instead of shoot and score." these are things kids in HS have to think about now. Kids will really get selfish and look for their own. I think they are too young to handle finance and money but.....

I can't help NOT being much of a fan these days. Its hard to be devoted to any team or franchise. Every year its a new collection of players assembled for why ? Because they got paid ? Not because they love the team the city or the coach- its different. Its harder to respect pro players than it was in the past. - They get more and more entailed. but it is what it is.

Ot seems high in the draft for bronny

Bro, you're the one who thinks that being a personal trainer makes you more special than the other 2,578,656 personal trainers in your county in Florida. I'd sit this one out.

I don't get drunk with any "power" on here since I can post just like you. Again, calm down, Francis.
Wow you attack my occupation ?? - a little birdie told me that a lot of people complained about you being a MOD - now I know why . I love internet keyboard bullies. Enjoy your space where you matter. in the real world you would NEVER call me "Francis" face to face.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT