ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV at Houston

According to their fans, they think UH will be able to handle UO better than they handled UNLV. To be honest, I am glad that Coach O took the air out of the ball after the first quarter. By the 2nd half, I think the 3 strings got to play. Our coach is winning approval from other coaches across the country but for ranking purposes I am not sure that is a good route? Again, Coach O knows more than we do
Coach O addressed this issue by saying this season is a marathon, not a sprint. I believe he’s building up the team the RIGHT way and keeping them focused on the overall picture.

In the back of their minds, I know Odom and the staff have Kansas circled on the calendar since the last bowl game. As someone said, the roster additions seemed to have stemmed from the flaws that Kansas exposed, you don’t want Kansas to have too much tape on any new wrinkles with these additions.

Let’s talk about Utah Tech (week 2)

I hope the Rebels go easy on Utah Tech. But they will always be Dixie St to me!!
Always liked Dixie State, unfortunately they changed the name of the school to be more “inclusive” or some shit. Played a few games on their home court in summer/offseason basketball tournaments. Lots of memories in St. George for me, so I wish Utah Tech a lot of luck after Saturday. I think there is a lot of potential at Utah Tech.

Program Interest

UNLV is going to beat Kansas this year. Coach O have been preparing for this game through recruiting....must my guess.
The first time that i pray that your are right. WE beat them and we are going to be TOP 25. Imagine if we could just put some sustainability in our program. IMO we have the most to work with outside METRO areas that are TOP 20 or fanbases that have a long history of tradition. Vegas is a brand in itself. Put it all together and we have more potential than 95% of college football. EASILY! We need to keep the flash. Vegas does not like boring play.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Program Interest

But again their attendance coming off a down year pretty close to what our good attendance was last year during a good year.
I hope the attendance is better than that, but honestly I think it could be very close to that.
Also UNLV is not a good drawing team for them. It's like us hosting the 3rd best team from the MAC or something
That was one good year after four mostly bad decades!

Program Interest

But again their attendance coming off a down year pretty close to what our good attendance was last year during a good year.
I hope the attendance is better than that, but honestly I think it could be very close to that.
Also UNLV is not a good drawing team for them. It's like us hosting the 3rd best team from the MAC or something
For a Big12 team, their attendance was terrible. Doesn’t matter who they were playing. It was their home opener.

Only Big12 team that had a lower attendance was Kansas, because they were playing at a soccer stadium with 20k seats (they sold out).

Program Interest

Doesn't appear that Houston has very good attendance with 25,750 showing up to watch them play UNLV. My expectation is UNLV will have a similar number of people attend against Utah Tech, and UNLV is a big jump up from Utah Tech in regards to being a draw! My expectation is if UNLV becomes ranked you will see very similar attendance by the end of the year as in the past at Houston.
There was definitely not anything close to 25K at the game. I would compare it to the Silver Bowl crowds before we moved to Allegiant.

SI’s Pat Forde on College Football Playoffs after week 1

I agree, but liberty had some juice coming into the season, they were more highly regarded at the beginning of last year than we did this year.
They also were ranked 23 in the CFP last year. Its not like they were close to being anything other than the token G5 team.
Our resume would be a lot better than them, but not enough to unseat a p4 team
Tulane and JMU weren't hyped and they reached 17. Plus we wouldn't have to unseat a top P4 team it would likely be a 2 loss team like GA Tech.

Marcus wasn’t too hidden and everyone knew about Dixie State, they were a national player. I remember I REALLY wanted Jaime Lloreda off that squad too but he went to L$U and Spoon wasn’t playing that game vs LSU.

Rice was Banks’ primary recruiter (remember, he committed under Bayno, not Spoon, so we had to stay on Banks) and had a good relationship with Jeff Kidder at Dixie, so he was safe there. Pitino really wanted Banks. A few of us from the site (including JeremyJDE, RIP) took in several Dixie games to let MB know there was support. I remember videoing him/picturing him signing his LOI, I think we all headed to a Dennys or something like that (it’s St George).

He should have never been at Dixie, should have been straight to UNLV. A messed up math credit in HS. Can’t recall the specifics exactly.

Brings up memories.
Coach Girardi and Mr. Hayes were excellent Math teachers for CMHS.

Coach Philippi (UNLV strength and conditioning) taught English there too.

CMHS poached a lot of Vegas High School teachers when they opened. They were really good. Dr. Greene, a wrestling coach and Mr. Jydstrup..off the top of my head.

Look at them in the video. It’s like watching hunger games interviews. They know what’s waiting for them inside allegiant stadium.
You're crazy dude. lol
Our defense nearly kills some of the UH receivers whenever they caught the ball. UH defender was so damn confused, they ran into Ricky White without knowing....LOL. The UH game was probably worst than the UTEP game last year. It was just weirdness everywhere.

Program Interest

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT