ADVERTISEMENT

SI’s Pat Forde on College Football Playoffs after week 1

Not to be Debbie downer but I think it would take us 10 wins..

I think 9 will be really tough.

Syracuse/Boise/Oregon State/KU are all going to be tough games.

Fresno won't be easy either.

But man if we got into the CFP I'd have Odom's baby.
Before looking at the Rebel's defense, it was only a dream. Now, at least, we have hope. GO REBELS!

Absolutely no freaking way. That would mean UNLV would work it's way up to the top 10 in both polls likely including the CFP rankings.
we could go undefeated, including beating Boise Twice after Boise beats Oregon this week. Still ain't happening
Extremely unlikely but if we went undefeated with two wins over BSU, win over FSU, OSU, KU, Houston, Syracuse we would be top 10. Liberty, JMU, Tulane got up to 17 without beating anyone.

With UNLV's schedule, #12 seed is not the ceiling. Goes 3-0 by beating KU will get UNLV ranked. Winning the MWC with one loss might move UNLV to a higher seed. Maybe...
Absolutely no freaking way. That would mean UNLV would work it's way up to the top 10 in both polls likely including the CFP rankings.
we could go undefeated, including beating Boise Twice after Boise beats Oregon this week. Still ain't happening
Reactions: LVRebel2000

MWC Ends Pac2 Scheduling Agreement

I think it is as simple as they can't afford to pay us a million dollars every game next season.
The article I saw mentioned that thr "two sides were too far apart". Now considering the context, I think they are referring to the current agreement that pays the MW a cool mill per game.
I do think that also seems to be the case with some sort of merger. That our the PAC truly just wants to rebuild or hope they get picked up by another conference. I think conceding to the payouts that a MW merger will bring is too much for them.

I think WSU and OSU still have a power trip. MWC doesn't need them, they need the MWC.
This... Waiting for our Cougar fan to come in and share opinion, but they're likely shopping themselves around to which ever conference will give them best $$ deal and we're like, nah, you're either joining us or you're not getting our conference coalition

I agree though why take them off the schedule? Especially since they will likely be replaced with lesser teams.
It's bigger than just taking them off the schedule. Those two teams plus the mountain West are in negotiations. They probably wanted a disproportionate amount of TV revenue or something like that. I'm sure it boils down to money as always

We know are ultimate goal is to get out of the MWC which still plays up to BSU. UNLV should continue to play these teams for now since it can only help our overall strength. Who knows, maybe in a few years they will be down to the level of Utah Tech if they stand Indy, and then they can replace that game against UNLV! 😁
I am not in agreement with UNLV's ultimate goal assumption...
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT