ADVERTISEMENT

Foe #5 - UNR, Oct. 3

DocRebel

Lottery Pick
Aug 9, 2003
It's time to battle for the cannon and it's about to get real this week. MWC play is starting and I anticipate a huge collision between UNR and the New Era Rebels.

Last edited:
I cant wait for this game. Is this game going to be streaming on the MW network or will it actually be televised? I still don't understand why this game will not be televised in the Vegas market. Why can't Fox 5 pick up the game feed or even local community cable channel?

MW owns the rights and the game will be on Campus Insiders (Streamed). I asked the Athletic Department if they could pick it up and they said "unfortunately no".

I was given assurance it will have more of a "TV" feel in production value . The idaho state stream was an in-house job and "strange circumstances"caused the drop in feed for parts of the 2nd half.

Either way I will glued to whatever screen I can get it on and hoping for a UNLV Victory" .

Looking through the MWC stats, I wanted to see where UNLV and UNR rank statistically across various categories. I'm not seeing either team being heads/tails better in one area over another.

It sounds like we're 11 point dogs on the road. I haven't watched Reno yet this season, but they played a couple ranked opponents already (like we have) and came out on the losing end. Anyone here who can tell me, other than home field advantage why Reno will win this game? Are they just a better all-around squad?

MW owns the rights and the game will be on Campus Insiders (Streamed). I asked the Athletic Department if they could pick it up and they said "unfortunately no".

I was given assurance it will have more of a "TV" feel in production value . The idaho state stream was an in-house job and "strange circumstances"caused the drop in feed for parts of the 2nd half.

Either way I will glued to whatever screen I can get it on and hoping for a UNLV Victory" .
That makes no sense. When you are trying to increase you popularity in the community they should find some way to get the rights to atleast this game. I was hoping to go to Born and Raised or a sports book to watch the game.

Born and Raised will have it. They just hook the computer to their TV feed.

It is a rough situation but UNLV has little control over the rights in this situation. In the past when there was no ownership one of the local channels could pick it up but the MW owns it so we are at their mercy in this instance.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
Looking through the MWC stats, I wanted to see where UNLV and UNR rank statistically across various categories. I'm not seeing either team being heads/tails better in one area over another.

It sounds like we're 11 point dogs on the road. I haven't watched Reno yet this season, but they played a couple ranked opponents already (like we have) and came out on the losing end. Anyone here who can tell me, other than home field advantage why Reno will win this game? Are they just a better all-around squad?
I think people tend to give bookies too much credit for setting lines. It's the final line that tends to be most accurate when you factor in the group intelligence of thousands of bettors putting their money on the line. Based on how the line has dropped since it opened, I'd say the hive mind thought the line was too high. I predict it will settle in somewhere between 7 and 8.

Reno has had some decent recruiting classes the past few years, played well in a losing effort at Texas A&M, has beaten an FBS opponent and has won quite a few more games than us over the past few years. I'd say that's mostly why the line started high.

Not to mention it's at UNR which generally means an additional 3 points or can go higher depending on how much a variable the home stadium and crowd influences game.

Reactions: RebboBiscuit
Betting line is down to +6.5 from opening of +12. I don't even think the suspension news has affected line yet. That should bring it down to +4.
Never seen a line shift this much in this short of time. I am sure its happened, I just don't remember seeing it.

It's disappointing. It seems like ESPN would pick up this game in the past, put it on ESPNU or at least ESPN3 which has much higher production value than the MW network. There are a couple of different levels of MW network though. The complete in-house version like last week, vs an impartial crew with a few more cameras which is what it will look like this coming week.

I still don't understand why this isn't during rivalry week at the end of the season. Especially since we are in the same conference now.

I'm pissed. I didn't get to watch game live and hoped I'd be able to watch replay. Nope. Only 32 minutes on replay.

Is UNLV this bad at video production (they're a university for godsakes)? Or are turning a massive F UP into opportunity to not give UNR tape on this game? Bull, Buck or anyone in the know, did UNLV change or add schemes to the ISU game?

If we want to see more games on ESPN or other major networks, UNLV and coach Sanchez just need to keep on winning and it will come.

UNLV just ran what they have been running. Only put the ball in the air 15 times. The O line just really played solid and the backs all took advantage. I wouldnt be surprised at all to see some new motion and formations this week though. I think Cotton has kept some thing specifically for this week, no inside info just feel this staff has that kind of mentality.

The defense played very well and assignment sound and when plays were there to be made guys made them. Nothing really new or different from what I saw just solid execution in all three phases.

I was told there were some "crazy circumstances" that led to the feed dropping against ISU. I was given assurances by the athletic department that this weeks production would be much better and a solid stream. Ari Wolfe is calling the game and he has worked for the old MWN and CBS Sports .

This game will be won or lost on who can establish the run and win the turnover battle. The UNR QB isnt as much of a running threat as they have had in the past but he can sling it. I think our secondary has played pretty well so far and that will be something to watch this week as well, not getting beat on play action.

Cant wait.

Press Conference. Sanchez cracks me up talking about the rivalry. It's easy to see why the players love playing for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT