ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV men picked to finish in the middle of Mountain West pack

With the media, there are some really good beat writers in league, some pretty lazy ones. In the end, they dont know more about hoops than anybody else who watches league regularly. We all have eyeballs - and as long as you minimize your biases, as long as you are willing to look at things with some honesty … you’re going to see things pretty clearly. The rah rah crap … yeah, I get that, but it pulls you from truth …

That said, the media tends to be pretty damn close with the collective group voting. I think they’re way wrong this season … I don’t see UNLV finishing lower than 4th. I’d love for them to finally miss badly on UNLV, but they usually don’t. Except when they pick us to do well.
So either the media picks us to suck and they are right or they pick us to do well and we suck anyway. Sounds like the common denominator is us and sucking. That said, I don't see how this team isn't any better than last year's team as they are predicting. 3/4 sounds right to me. I guess that depends on whether or not we continue our 0-4 vs BSU/SDSU habit or not.

It looks like a good league this year. 4th may be good enough to get a bid.

IMO, on paper SDSU, NM and Boise and better that we are.

When you look at the separation between 4th and 6th it's usually one or two games.

So, it will be a couple of close games that become the difference.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Most media isn't going to do any hard work outside their market in this conference. I also think this era of transfers makes making predictions really crazy. You're not seeing guys cut their teeth against these teams for 2-3 years. You're forced to look at tape from other schools and try to extrapolate that fit.

I take an 'Oh, that's nice' view on any of the preseason stuff. Nobody gets a preseason banner to hang in the rafters.

Honestly I think the MW media phone it in... I feel a down year coming for SDSU and Boise. Why you might ask, SDSU will have a massive post-season hangover. They over performed and reached their peak. Nothing to build for...
Boise- bound to eventually fall off. It happens to alot of places and Rice has had a razor thin margin of over rated squads succeeding because there wasn't much of anyone else to do it.

The media is predictably lazy. Just write the same 5 or 6 teams in top half and the rest don't really matter. Not a thought into depth, roster, etc. Not saying we deserve to be given more credit till we earn it, But 6th gets KK canned. And if that's what the media actually thinks preseason of the team, we're either way off on the talent analysis or they're lazy..

Dang... either team losing tonight would've really wrapped this comment up, but SDSU finishing as poor as 6th in the conference hadn't happened in 2 decades... if UNM can pull off the W tomorrow

Reno game..I might have to watch this at parkway tavern at Tivoli Village.

Will be an awesome game.

Kruger has most of his Horses..

No excuses.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT