ADVERTISEMENT

Next 3 Games

I am very nervous about UTEP coming off a loss at their home....UNLV is a better team but UTEP may be motivated beyond their capabilities.
They have major issues scoring. If we keep the heat on them like Arizona did we should win. The line just went up to -4 and I am sure Coach Odom will have us ready to play.

Okey dokey!!

But to be clear, CSU is absolutely winnable and were impressive against an average team that would be completely unnoticed if Prime wasn't their coach.

Let's not go directly to "Norvell just fixed a bottom 5 team in the nation by losing in 2OT to their in-state rival".
We disagree!

Reactions: LocoRebel
They have major issues scoring. If we keep the heat on them like Arizona did we should win. The line just went up to -4 and I am sure Coach Odom will have us ready to play.
We are not Arizona and AZ plays UTEP in AZ home field. Different everything....UNLV is traveling to play UTEP in El Paso, Texas.

I gotta be honest, I'm absolutely not sold on Colorado still.

TCU has wins over Nichols St and Houston (Houston beat UTSA 17-14 then lost to Rice).

Nebraska has a win over NIU and a loss to Minnesota (beat Eastern Mich, lost to UNC).

Then CSU...

They might finish .500.... which is 2 or 3 more wins than I expected the buffaloes to get. I doubt they win more than 3 conference games.

Like I said, better than I expected. But they aren't a major threat imo. They are what you said. A media darling.
I have to agree. CU's defense is questionable. 45 points or so vs TCU who were so out of shape and the temps were 130 degrees or so on the field that day. Oregon will expose them. The Oregon coach has been very vocal about Colorado and their lack of success. Sanders will be facing a real top 10 team this weekend.

UTEP will fall to Rebels. Another week of film sessions for the DB's and defensive line. Teaching in the pre season and now in season take on different strategies for the players. Mistakes can be overcome but this is a new defense for everyone especially the db's. We will get better every week IMO

Reactions: TimothyC3
We disagree!
You're on the right track here MP. The Vandy win was fun to watch as a spectator but lets be honest, we got lucky and this team has issues. Mostly on OL/DL lines. We are just awful in both areas. Like really, really bad. I don't see more than 5-6 wins either. The no-go offense and soft base 3-3-5 D are killing me already.

Both our offense and defense were supposed to be plug and play. It did open up a little more on both sides of the ball. But offense still looks restrained. Part of that was likely the slow start, then having the back up the rest of the way.

Point being, there is still reason to believe both sides of the ball get a bit better as the season goes on and they build on the scheme.

O line has been bad, but inconsistent with our personnel. D line is tough to judge with our 3 man fronts, but I think we get decent pressure with 4 man rushes considering. Also remember our defensive captain was out most of the as well as another starter for bereavement. The LB's really need to shine for our front 7 to be effective.

It hasn't been great. that is for sure. I do think it could get better, though.

I'll say this, I do likea our LB corps. It gives me hope against AFA.

Both our offense and defense were supposed to be plug and play. It did open up a little more on both sides of the ball. But offense still looks restrained. Part of that was likely the slow start, then having the back up the rest of the way.

Point being, there is still reason to believe both sides of the ball get a bit better as the season goes on and they build on the scheme.

O line has been bad, but inconsistent with our personnel. D line is tough to judge with our 3 man fronts, but I think we get decent pressure with 4 man rushes considering. Also remember our defensive captain was out most of the as well as another starter for bereavement. The LB's really need to shine for our front 7 to be effective.

It hasn't been great. that is for sure. I do think it could get better, though.

I'll say this, I do likea our LB corps. It gives me hope against AFA.
Would be great to see. But rushiing 3 guys who haven't been able to get off a block even against Bryant, is a huge problem. When I think 3-3-5 I think of Rocky Long D with LBs and DBs all creating confusion on the line with different looks. We don't do that. Also what happened to that 'stud' DE from LSU that was supposed to solve our pass rushing issues? It just looks to me so far like teams that have solid lines like CSU, Fresno, SDSU etc. are going to manhandle us despite whatever advantage we may have in skill talent. Would love for them to prove my dogmatic opinion wrong.

We are not Arizona and AZ plays UTEP in AZ home field. Different everything....UNLV is traveling to play UTEP in El Paso, Texas.
They are averaging 16 POINTS a game!!! UTEP only win is over "Incarnate Word". They got blown out by Northwestern who is the worst B1G team. Feel free to watch them on YouTube, they are one of the worst teams on our schedule similar to UNR.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Even with the feel-good win against Vanderbilt I’m just not convinced we have 4 more wins on the schedule yet

Would be great to see. But rushiing 3 guys who haven't been able to get off a block even against Bryant, is a huge problem. When I think 3-3-5 I think of Rocky Long D with LBs and DBs all creating confusion on the line with different looks. We don't do that. Also what happened to that 'stud' DE from LSU that was supposed to solve our pass rushing issues? It just looks to me so far like teams that have solid lines like CSU, Fresno, SDSU etc. are going to manhandle us despite whatever advantage we may have in skill talent. Would love for them to prove my dogmatic opinion wrong.
Well 3 man defense fronts job is to eat up blocks to allow the linebackers to clean up.

Carter has been a bit of a no show. Didn't play much even against Bryant, not sure what it going on there. But I expect our pass rush to mostly come from the LB's. Mixing up where it is coming from. J. Williams has been effective when his number has been called to blitz.

We don't play SDSU. Obvisouly we aren't going to see anyone close to Michigan the rest of the year. Vandy probably has more size than most of the teams that we will face.

I'm just saying I can see it improving. Doesn't mean that it will.

Last edited:
5-7?
You think we lose to UNR?

To me there are 4 "should win" games. The next 3 and UNM.

The toughest is Fresno and Wyoming.

Next would be CSU and Air Force.

No game is unwinnable in my opinion.
IMO, based on recent experience, the most unwinnable game is Air Force. We never seem to be able to slow down their run game. Last season they absolutely destroyed us. Maybe now that we run an offense that's at least a bit more similar to theirs, our defense will handle it better. We can't do much worse than last year

Reactions: bcvegaspt
CSU and Reno awakened a bit last night! CSU is not a winnable game any longer, they are vastly improved and Reno might be coming back a bit too, Kansas is a decent team. We looked like a team that had a few more breaks than Vandy and while last night was fun to watch or re-watch in my case, if you think the Rebels can play like that and win, you will be mistaken! We have a long way to go, our DL have they had a sack yet? I won’t forget to bring up our lack of pass rush or our toasty DB’s. Maiava had good and bad and now has tape, anyone who knows football knows what that means, he will be “game planned for” now, let’s see how he responds. I wanted to believe 6-6 was poss this year with how the schedule shook out and other MWC teams being down but last night you saw an offense that was more no no than go go and defense that is a disaster waiting to happen against teams like CSU, Fresno, SJSU, WYO and possibly now UNR. I can see the disappointment coming if drastic improvements aren’t made! I am so over being let down by poor play and over hyped players in both hoops and football and I hope they can beat a well coached team like CSU but after yesterday’s showing, I doubt it!
I'm going to hedge bets and say CSU bit off more than they could chew with its shortcomings on Saturday. This game is already having residual effects on some of the players. Especially Blackburn who put Travis Hunter out. His family's receiving death threats. And his and his family's addresses have been posted online. Actions have consequences... Feel like he and his coach were shortsighted with that: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...state-player-family-receive-death-threats-hit

I'm going to hedge bets and say CSU bit off more than they could chew with its shortcomings on Saturday. This game is already having residual effects on some of the players. Especially Blackburn who put Travis Hunter out. His family's receiving death threats. And his and his family's addresses have been posted online. Actions have consequences... Feel like he and his coach were shortsighted with that: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...state-player-family-receive-death-threats-hit
Nice world we live in, huh?

Too bad that behavior isn’t unique to only one state… or country.

European sports fans are even worse than Americans (usually).
Might be true, BC. That congresswoman from Colorado actions effect our lives right now is a little different. She voted for a lot of laws changed. This is a mother of 3 and married woman who touted as a conservative. Ted Cruz supported her candidacy. Love to hear his takes.

Might be true, BC. That congresswoman from Colorado actions affect our lives right now is a little different. She voted for a lot of laws changed. This is a mother of 3 and married woman who touted as a conservative. Ted Cruz supported her candidacy. Love to hear his takes.
I meant Colorado’s fans behaviors.

I don’t know anything about your politician.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT