ADVERTISEMENT

Next 3 Games

220reb

Rebel Legend
May 29, 2001
We should be able to Win the next 3 games against UTEP, UH and Reno. 5-1 would be amazing. Hopefully we can clean up some issues in practice this week. These are teams with really bad on Defenses so we should be able to score a lot of points.

Last edited:
5-1 would be great - yes they are all winnable games - they are also 3 games we could possibly lose. Usually we do - i hope this year is different. 4-2 would be a more realistic forecast giving all variables in consideration - Every year we get excited like this then every year we are disappointed, usually our optimism and hopes are dashed by week 4 or 5 - lets keep our fingers crossed.

UTEP got rolled by Arizona 31-10 and gave up 544 yards of offense.

Hawaii lost to Oregon 55-10 and gave up 560 yards of offense.

UNR actually showed up against Kansas but still lost 31-24. They gave up 300 yards passing and 150 rushing.

This is a golden opportunity for us to win games and build confidence. I believe that this is the easy part of our schedule and we should cause match up issues for these teams.

UNR actually showed up against Kansas but still lost 31-24. They gave up 300 yards passing and 150 rushing.

This is a golden opportunity for us to win games and build confidence. I believe that this is the easy part of our schedule and we should cause match up issues for these teams.
"Should" has been an obstacle for years. The scenario for optimism is all too familiar. Momentum seemingly dashed by ____________________________ (fill in the blank for ) reasons- Burn me once -shame on you- burn me again and again for a few decades and I am on the " wait and see approach".... I applaud your vigor and zest. Go rebels.

Reactions: unlove

Don't forget, UNLV will be travelling to El Paso. That's an automatic +3pts for the home team.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
CSU and Reno awakened a bit last night! CSU is not a winnable game any longer, they are vastly improved and Reno might be coming back a bit too, Kansas is a decent team. We looked like a team that had a few more breaks than Vandy and while last night was fun to watch or re-watch in my case, if you think the Rebels can play like that and win, you will be mistaken! We have a long way to go, our DL have they had a sack yet? I won’t forget to bring up our lack of pass rush or our toasty DB’s. Maiava had good and bad and now has tape, anyone who knows football knows what that means, he will be “game planned for” now, let’s see how he responds. I wanted to believe 6-6 was poss this year with how the schedule shook out and other MWC teams being down but last night you saw an offense that was more no no than go go and defense that is a disaster waiting to happen against teams like CSU, Fresno, SJSU, WYO and possibly now UNR. I can see the disappointment coming if drastic improvements aren’t made! I am so over being let down by poor play and over hyped players in both hoops and football and I hope they can beat a well coached team like CSU but after yesterday’s showing, I doubt it!

CSU and Reno awakened a bit last night! CSU is not a winnable game any longer, they are vastly improved and Reno might be coming back a bit too, Kansas is a decent team. We looked like a team that had a few more breaks than Vandy and while last night was fun to watch or re-watch in my case, if you think the Rebels can play like that and win, you will be mistaken! We have a long way to go, our DL have they had a sack yet? I won’t forget to bring up our lack of pass rush or our toasty DB’s. Maiava had good and bad and now has tape, anyone who knows football knows what that means, he will be “game planned for” now, let’s see how he responds. I wanted to believe 6-6 was poss this year with how the schedule shook out and other MWC teams being down but last night you saw an offense that was more no no than go go and defense that is a disaster waiting to happen against teams like CSU, Fresno, SJSU, WYO and possibly now UNR. I can see the disappointment coming if drastic improvements aren’t made! I am so over being let down by poor play and over hyped players in both hoops and football and I hope they can beat a well coached team like CSU but after yesterday’s showing, I doubt it!
I am going to wait and see on CSU. I saw them last night and they make a ton of costly mistakes They will play Utah State and Boise before we see them in October. One thing that was clear about their offense is you must take away the crossing route from WR #14 Horton. He had 15 receptions for 170 yards . They have zero running game and are very similar to Norvell's UNR teams from a few years ago. I have a feeling we will be much improved when we see them.

I am going to wait and see on CSU. I saw them last night and they make a ton of costly mistakes They will play Utah State and Boise before we see them in October. One thing that was clear about their offense is you must take away the crossing route from WR #14 Horton. He had 15 receptions for 170 yards . They have zero running game and are very similar to Norvell's UNR teams from a few years ago. I have a feeling we will be much improved when we see them.
They have one money play. I didn't see them have much success with anything else.

You can wait all you want, we have not beat CSU regardless of their record in over a decade! They are not a winnable game for our team. And if we fail to improve the offensive and defensive woes we have, we might not beat UNR on the road either, let that sink in!

• Haha
Reactions: rickyb55
You can wait all you want, we have not beat CSU regardless of their record in over a decade! They are not a winnable game for our team. And if we fail to improve the offensive and defensive woes we have, we might not beat UNR on the road either, let that sink in!
Sorry but I refuse to put them on top of the conference at this point. Let the schedule play out and we can revisit this in late October. They are not a quality football team yet. If they beat Boise then we can talk. I am more concerned about our next 3 opponents. We have a advantage over UTEP, Hawaii and UNR and should be the favorite in all 3.

CSU nearly took down the media darling Buffs and it was a pretty impressive showing.
But it is hard to take too much away from rivalry games. They have had a tough schedule thus far. And it is going to get easier for them.

I don't think any game is unwinnable on this schedule. CSU will probably be one of toughest games left in the season

CSU nearly took down the media darling Buffs and it was a pretty impressive showing.
But it is hard to take too much away from rivalry games. They have had a tough schedule thus far. And it is going to get easier for them.

I don't think any game is unwinnable on this schedule. CSU will probably be one of toughest games left in the season
This is all I’m saying as well. CSU and Wyoming are good teams and also well coached teams on top of that. We are far from a finished product and yesterday we all saw it. Fun game and a good win but we can’t play like that and hope to go 6-6!

This is all I’m saying as well. CSU and Wyoming are good teams and also well coached teams on top of that. We are far from a finished product and yesterday we all saw it. Fun game and a good win but we can’t play like that and hope to go 6-6!
What is your prediction for the end of the year?

I gotta be honest, I'm absolutely not sold on Colorado still.

TCU has wins over Nichols St and Houston (Houston beat UTSA 17-14 then lost to Rice).

Nebraska has a win over NIU and a loss to Minnesota (beat Eastern Mich, lost to UNC).

Then CSU...

They might finish .500.... which is 2 or 3 more wins than I expected the buffaloes to get. I doubt they win more than 3 conference games.

Like I said, better than I expected. But they aren't a major threat imo. They are what you said. A media darling.

One game at a time. Winning against Vandy after spotting them 17 points is a good sign for the future. The whole ambience of the changed when Odom switched QBs.

One game at a time. Winning against Vandy after spotting them 17 points is a good sign for the future. The whole ambience of the changed when Odom switched QBs.
Perspective can be deceiving isn't it? Did Coach O switched the QBs or did the starting QB got injured?

It was a fun win, it was a necessary win, it was a blast.

But this is why people should look deeper than a W or L. You always want the W but we played poorly overall. Vandy just played worse.

Not that there weren’t good things to take from the game. There was a lot of bad to take from it too.

Sorry but I refuse to put them on top of the conference at this point. Let the schedule play out and we can revisit this in late October. They are not a quality football team yet. If they beat Boise then we can talk. I am more concerned about our next 3 opponents. We have a advantage over UTEP, Hawaii and UNR and should be the favorite in all 3.
You cannot drop more than 1 of the 3 and quite honestly, that would be disappointing anyway.

I said CSU is not a “winnable“ game I did not say insurmountable, keep it straight okey dokey!
Okey dokey!!

But to be clear, CSU is absolutely winnable and were impressive against an average team that would be completely unnoticed if Prime wasn't their coach.

Let's not go directly to "Norvell just fixed a bottom 5 team in the nation by losing in 2OT to their in-state rival".

Reactions: rickyb55
Okey dokey!!

But to be clear, CSU is absolutely winnable and were impressive against an average team that would be completely unnoticed if Prime wasn't their coach.

Let's not go directly to "Norvell just fixed a bottom 5 team in the nation by losing in 2OT to their in-state rival".
CSU should gone for 2 in first OT. Mood point, CU is playing Oregon in Eugene next week....

Reactions: LocoRebel
CSU should gone for 2 in first OT. Mood point, CU is playing Oregon in Eugene next week....
Prime is new here but he have a great sense of people's fear and weaknesses. CSU shown it and he took advantage of it. Man, I hop he beat Oregon...highly unlikely but it would be fun to watch.

Prime is new here but he have a great sense of people's fear and weaknesses.
That's a really good way to describe what his value is, as a coach. Aside from being at a school that can recruit moving forward and can pay well for its staff, he seems to have a knack for the mental side of the game. Good motivator and understands his kids and their opponent.

I dont think he's excellent as a coach but there is something to surrounding himself with guys who do their jobs really well and letting then work.

That's a really good way to describe what his value is, as a coach. Aside from being at a school that can recruit moving forward and can pay well for its staff, he seems to have a knack for the mental side of the game. Good motivator and understands his kids and their opponent.

I dont think he's excellent as a coach but there is something to surrounding himself with guys who do their jobs really well and letting then work.
Remember this is only his 1st year. He got the #1 QB De-committed from Michigan and was at the game last night with his family. First year, he kick out a lot of unqualified players and bring some to patch the voids....

KU played awful and was without several starters, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Reno fumbled 5 tines and was lucky enough to recover all 5. They're a 1 trick pony at QB..

CSU played way above their weight class last night. Personally I think they were amped up for Colorado and Prime and wanted to make it personal, especiallyin a rivalry game. Add in losing Hunter early really took a huge part of their game away...

If this team is ever going to turn a corner, we need to bank as many early win as we can and 3 winnable games provide that opportunity...

Okey dokey!!

Same could be said for Reno... that's a really bad team that got a lot of fortunate breaks and still lost to a Kansas team that is doing what we want to do.. improve, learn how to win, and then turn the corner into a contender

Remember this is only his 1st year. He got the #1 QB De-committed from Michigan and was at the game last night with his family. First year, he kick out a lot of unqualified players and bring some to patch the voids....
But ultimately then he knew with that much turnover, his team wasn't gonna be excellent. If the coach was Barry Odom, Colorado wouldn't be ranked right now.

They will be good in the future, no doubt. Especially in their more natural (imo) conference in returning to the 12ers.

But ultimately then he knew with that much turnover, his team wasn't gonna be excellent. If the coach was Barry Odom, Colorado wouldn't be ranked right now.

They will be good in the future, no doubt. Especially in their more natural (imo) conference in returning to the 12ers.
I dont know what the future holds. I am just stating what taking place in the present. CU is 3-0 now. Last year CU was 1-11? or something like that...That 3-0 record is achieved based upon Prime patchworks. Give him a year to recruit. He got that #1 recruit out off Michigan sitting with his family at the game last night. The kid is a black QB and ranked the #1 player in the country. He de-committed 2 days ago from Michigan. What do you think is going to happens? Do you think a few WR and TE may follow him to CU?

There is no more “unwinnable” games on the schedule left, we had one and that was Michigan. But there 2 two very likely losses on the schedule. Fresno and Air Force.

We get them both on the road. Fresno is the best team in conference. Air Force is probably a top 3 team in the conference and we get them at elevation. Those games could be ugly, but no one is expecting us to go 11-1.

The next 3 games are very favorable for UNLV.

I'm inclined to believe the kids will follow the NIL... Which makes projecting where they will land (for their first school out of HS all the way to their 3rd transfer destination).

Last year, the noncon for Buffs included TCU (who inarguably was more impressive in 2022 than 2023), Minnesota, and AFA.

I think 2023 Colorado beats 2022 Minnesota and probably loses to 2022 Air Force. The 2023 Colorado team is better than the 2022 iteration, but their 3-0 is not worthy of a top 20 ranking for a team who was 1-11 last year.

If 2023 UNLV who was 5-7 in 2022 played and beat TCU, Nebraska, and CSU in the same fashion as Buffs, we would barely be getting votes.

It's a media thing. The team is better, but I just don't get the "look at how great they are". Fresno State would wax that team.

There is no more “unwinnable” games on the schedule left, we had one and that was Michigan. But there 2 two very likely losses on the schedule. Fresno and Air Force.

We get them both on the road. Fresno is the best team in conference. Air Force is probably a top 3 team in the conference and we get them at elevation. Those games could be ugly, but no one is expecting us to go 11-1.

The next 3 games are very favorable for UNLV.
I am very nervous about UTEP coming off a loss at their home....UNLV is a better team but UTEP may be motivated beyond their capabilities.

Reactions: NSU67
I'm inclined to believe the kids will follow the NIL... Which makes projecting where they will land (for their first school out of HS all the way to their 3rd transfer destination).

Last year, the noncon for Buffs included TCU (who inarguably was more impressive in 2022 than 2023), Minnesota, and AFA.

I think 2023 Colorado beats 2022 Minnesota and probably loses to 2022 Air Force. The 2023 Colorado team is better than the 2022 iteration, but their 3-0 is not worthy of a top 20 ranking for a team who was 1-11 last year.

If 2023 UNLV who was 5-7 in 2022 played and beat TCU, Nebraska, and CSU in the same fashion as Buffs, we would barely be getting votes.

It's a media thing. The team is better, but I just don't get the "look at how great they are". Fresno State would wax that team.
If the NIL was the big of an issue, why did he decommit from Michigan? This is about more than $.

If the NIL was the big of an issue, why did he decommit from Michigan? This is about more than $.
Colorado has the excitement right now to generate major NIL deals for its kids right now. I understand Michigan is Michigan so NIL is available.

I think the number 1 most important thing to most of the players who have options of basically everyone, NIL drives the bus.

Prime is gonna help that, but when Michigan is in the playoff and colorado is eliminated from bowl contention in week 10, that's the next thing I think about for recruiting. Colorado is at an interesting point right now where they went from terrible and irrelevant to incredible media darlings... some of the hype makes me wonder if Prime is there in 2 more seasons. What's next for the Buffs if Prime leaves?

Michigan will be fine when Harbaugh leaves. Will CU? (I would be considering all of that if I was a player... im not, so who knows 🤷‍♂️)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT