ADVERTISEMENT

Coach or covid talk

I hope pilots walk out like they did before. I mean, when weather caused cancellations on clear, 75-degree weather days. Cough. Cough.

“If you don’t vaccinate we’ll take away your freedoms” isn’t giving me a choice to do what I think is best for my body and my health. I love to travel so this may break me on whether to tell someone to sign a paper saying I was jabbed a couple of times. But that doesn’t mean I believe this bs that they’re spreading.

I hope these POS’s rot in hell one day.

Ignore that I literally eat fruits and veggies daily and workout 5-6 days/week (I haven’t had fast food for maybe one year???). Don’t take any prescription drugs and only have a PCP for an annual physical (that I used to need when I was seeing patients). If I don’t get a stupid injection that will likely cause more harm than good, I can’t fly.

And mandate it after you throw your hands up in the air and say you can’t fix it federally, but then sign federal mandates. (Beep) you and the Fauci you rode in on.

• Love
Reactions: j. spilotro

I hope pilots walk out like they did before. I mean, when weather caused cancellations on clear, 75-degree weather days. Cough. Cough.

“If you don’t vaccinate we’ll take away your freedoms” isn’t giving me a choice to do what I think is best for my body and my health. I love to travel so this may break me on whether to tell someone to sign a paper saying I was jabbed a couple of times. But that doesn’t mean I believe this bs that they’re spreading.

I hope these POS’s rot in hell one day.

Ignore that I literally eat fruits and veggies daily and workout 5-6 days/week (I haven’t had fast food for maybe one year???). Don’t take any prescription drugs and only have a PCP for an annual physical (that I used to need when I was seeing patients). If I don’t get a stupid injection that will likely cause more harm than good, I can’t fly.

And mandate it after you throw your hands up in the air and say you can’t fix it federally, but then sign federal mandates. (Beep) you and the Fauci you rode in on.

If the vaccines aren't mitigating the spread what is the point?

This is also beyond 'soft coercion'.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
im starting to get them mixed up. Is this the horse paste analogue that has a much higher side effect profile with less modes of action? Or is this the mutagenic and carcinogenic one?

Sometimes it’s keep it simple, stupid.

I'm just glad that this variant, based on everything coming out is milder in terms of symptoms.

If it becomes the dominant variant, the need for mandates should go away.

I think they may anyway. They are becoming less popular.

Many people who have vaxxed, boosted, masked religiously are stll getting it. They've done all the right things. Still got it. Its beggining to breed a feeling of 'what's the point'.

We can debate whether this is the right line of thinking. I don't think there is any debate that it is in fact happening.

There's increasing frustration out there. There is a growing feeling (at least there seems to be.) That those who have dictated policy have been wrong a few too many times. We're two years into this and a natural mutation of the virus appears more likely to bring an end to the pandemic than any mandates. (Fingers crossed).

I'm just glad that this variant, based on everything coming out is milder in terms of symptoms.

Many people who have vaxxed, boosted, masked religiously are stll getting it. They've done all the right things. Still got it. Its beggining to breed a feeling of 'what's the point'.

We can debate whether this is the right line of thinking. I don't think there is any debate that it is in fact happening.

There's increasing frustration out there. There is a growing feeling (at least there seems to be.) That those who have dictated policy have been wrong a few too many times. We're two years into this and a natural mutation of the virus appears more likely to bring an end to the pandemic than any mandates. (Fingers crossed).
Playing the blame game was always stupid. Nobody is trying to catch it. The pandemic of the unvaccinated has become a pandemic of the vaccinated. I’m not going to blame vaccinated people if I catch it. I’m not going to blame the unmasked guy outside. I’m not going to say those that received the vax but had an adverse reaction should be denied medical care. If you got caught up in playing the blame game, playing the “everyone should do as I say or be penalized“ game, shame on you. I couldn’t look myself in the mirror if that’s the way I lived - so much judgment and self righteousness.

I don’t believe this is a natural mutation. The absolute incredible jump in the genome is curious. Of the variants prior to this (and the wild type) they were all within the same zip code, just different streets. This omicron pops up and it’s a couple towns away. Something isn’t adding up (again). Perhaps it’s vax based, the warnings of mass vaccination during a pandemic were ignored - and it’s been known for decades amd WAS part of the now discarded pandemic playbook. But even for that, it was such a huge, huge jump … so I don’t know.

I’ve seen it suggested by people much brighter than myself that this may be a predecessor instead of successor that‘s recirculating after x amount of years … if it presented as a cold, it wouldn’t have been tested for or sequenced.

Either way, something is off.

Funny how they scream about record breaking numbers, but ignore the fact that very few are going to hospitals or dying. Why not provide the record breaking numbers for the common flu that in some years goes past 100 million that get infected. Manipulation and politics is the name of the game. How much more money in the pockets of the billionaire boys club and politicians for the next round of vaccines?

The have not done the right things, they have done as told by politicians, and now it is coming back to haunt them!

The have not done the right things, they have done as told by politicians, and now it is coming back to haunt them!

They were told by people in authority that masks prevented the spread. They were told vaccines slowed the spread.

They did the right things in their minds by adhering to that guidance..

No, it’s becoming more and more obvious from top to bottom that any of the practiced mitigations, from masking through vax through boosters - none of them are working. If they aren’t working, they should be suggestions at best to assuage the fears of the super afraid.

Buckle in and do your best with it, but odds are pretty high that you are going to get it. Hope it’s omicron and it’s very mild.

I am currently laughing my ass off with the fear being put out that the number of cases are at an all time high and the hospitals are being flooded with patients which is mostly BS. According to are own Southern Nevada Health District numbers we do have an uptick in the number of cases, but those being hospitalized and deaths both continue to plummet to almost nothing! http://covid.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/cases/ just click on the button to see cases, hospitalized and deaths. Cases way up other two way down (i.e. it is just another minor flu in comparison now)

Those that choose to ignore the truth will only want to focus this board on sports talk.

That or “Dr. Fauci knows more about medicine than you do so we should all listen to him.”

Those that choose to ignore the truth will only want to focus this board on sports talk.

That or “Dr. Fauci knows more about medicine than you do so we should all listen to him.”
That’s exactly right. No admissions, just anger. Then it’s displaced anger.

....marv sucks .... no, marv is good.... marv sucks I tell you.... no, he's good.... Marv is awful .... no, he's good ....... Marv proves to be awful..... 5 minutes after a firing ... I never said he was good, let's just move on....

Dr Fauxi knows a hell of a lot more than me about medicine, I will never debate that.

But I’m not criminal, not authoritarian, not a control freak.

No, it’s becoming more and more obvious from top to bottom that any of the practiced mitigations, from masking through vax through boosters - none of them are working. If they aren’t working, they should be suggestions at best to assuage the fears of the super afraid.

Buckle in and do your best with it, but odds are pretty high that you are going to get it. Hope it’s omicron and it’s very mild.

To be fair Germany has a very high vaccination rate, which would account for higher vaxxed % catching Covid.

That said, it does cement the fact that the vaccines do not mitigate spread, which was the initial claim parroted by many a talking head...

71% vaccine rate in Germany and 96% of the cases! If all things are equal, and the vaccine doesn't work at all, then approximately 71% of the cases should come from those with the vaccine! Based on the above number, a percent who has been vaccinated is likely to cause a rate that is 1.35 times the percent of those vaccinated to reach a 96% rate. A person who is unvaccinated is likely to cause a rate that is 0.14 times the percent of those not vaccinated. These are glaring numbers that if true say a lot about the vaccine actually accelerating the spread of the Chinese virus!

71% vaccine rate in Germany and 96% of the cases! If all things are equal, and the vaccine doesn't work at all, then approximately 71% of the cases should come from those with the vaccine! Based on the above number, a percent who has been vaccinated is likely to cause a rate that is 1.35 times the percent of those vaccinated to reach a 96% rate. A person who is unvaccinated is likely to cause a rate that is 0.14 times the percent of those not vaccinated. These are glaring numbers that if true say a lot about the vaccine actually accelerating the spread of the Chinese virus!
I don’t think there is any question right now that the “problem” is with the vaxxed. I’m not blaming them, they’re trying to do what they think is best for them. But the emerging data is very damning for the vax and boosters.

While those in control keep tightening the clamps and blaming the un-vaccinated? The University of New Mexico recently passing a rule for going to basketball games that you must either be vaccinated or test negative is effectively saying that the virus is only being spread by those who are un-vaccinated. Stupidity at its finest!

Not necessarily, you have to figure the elderly constitute a larger portion of the vaccinated crowd. They would be more prone to go to the hospital/be symptomatic/test even if vaccinated.

The vaccines have shown the ability to mitigate symptoms. When you see vaccinated deaths/hospitalizations, they are typically the same people that got hit hard last time (elderly/obese/comorbidities). They done their pretty well in keeping them safe..

Younger folks typically don't require a trip to the hospital or feel even sick enough to get tested..

That alone would skew numbers some.

But I agree, the vaccines are failing miserably in regards to mitigating spread..

It is interesting the definition of vaccine has changed twice in the last year or so...

Last edited:
I don’t think there is any question right now that the “problem” is with the vaxxed. I’m not blaming them, they’re trying to do what they think is best for them. But the emerging data is very damning for the vax and boosters.

I posted the NY Times article with doctors questioning excessive boosters.

A year ago that article doesn't see the light of day..

This freaking guy.....

So he's admitting what many wondered all along.

Grant he said only children in this clip, but was this standard practice in regards to adults?

If so it's another example of 'looney' Covid deniers being at the very least partially right about some stat manipulation.

Hospitalized from and with are conpletely different.

Last edited:

This freaking guy.....

So he's admitting what many wondered all along.

Grant he said only children in this clip, but was this standard practice in regards to adults?

If so it's another example of 'looney' Covid deniers being at the very least partially right about some stat manipulation.

Hospitalized from and with are conpletely different.
Yeah, I’ve been screaming about this, the intentional mischaracterization of the numbers to paint a more grim picture …. For how long? At least July after the pandemic started.

They’ve manipulated so many data sets to scare people and it worked. If your bullshit detector wasn’t in overdrive when they started messing with numbers, redefining terms, ignoring immunological basics, employing media to do their biding, arbitrarily enforcing rules that were mandated for some but optional for others - then you don’t have a bullshit detector and you’re a mindless, non critical thinking little sheep brain. Which isn’t a crime, but it just makes you complicit in all the bullshit we’ve had to tolerate.

After seeing this data, I can't see how MDs aren't hard pressed to conclude that the risk vs. reward needed to perform the procedure could pass muster in this case.

You're basically swapping a hospitalization with covid for myocarditis. One diagnosis may lead to CHF and a diminished life while the other is called covid and may not cause as negative of long-term side effects.

After seeing this data, I can't see how MDs aren't hard pressed to conclude that the risk vs. reward needed to perform the procedure could pass muster in this case.

You're basically swapping a hospitalization with covid for myocarditis. One diagnosis may lead to CHF and a diminished life while the other is called covid and may not cause as negative of long-term side effects.
It’s definitely a no brainer.

Now the media and politicians like the scum mayor of Boston are out screaming for a new set of vaccines for children. It is going from stupidity and being sheep towards straight up murder when they force this on children.

Now the media and politicians like the scum mayor of Boston are out screaming for a new set of vaccines for children. It is going from stupidity and being sheep towards straight up murder when they force this on children.

I hate to make this political, but so much of it is intertwined with politics...

I've stated my political beliefs in the past. I've voted 3rd party (libertarian) candidates down ballot the last three elections.

I have no horse in the race so to speak. (I feel the need to preface my next statement to avoid the potential annoying 'your a MAGA Trump supporter!' responses...)

Anyway, if Democrats continue this nonsense of mandates and lockdowns, the GOP will run roughshod over them in the next elections.

I'm talking, White House, Senate and Congress...

The GOP could select a mop with a bucket as its running mate and defeat a Biden/Harris ticket or a Harris/Insert anyone ticket.

Covid is here.
It's not going anywhere.
People are tired of it all.

They want normalcy back. Its been two years now.

The onus of 'safety' falls on the individual not the group.

If Dems don't realize this soon they will be in serious trouble..

When will the sheep stop following the post of morons like Mark Levine who is the Burrough chief of Manhattan:

"Who is filling up the hospitals in NYC as omicron surges? Answer: it's still the unvaccinated. They are now *32* times more likely to land in the hospital vs. vaccinated. You don't want those odds. Get vax'd now. https://vax4nyc.nyc.gov"

What a stupid ass comment from an idiot with absolutely no evidence to support this comment. Funny how the hospitals have seen absolutely no surge in chinese virus patients being hospitalized or patients dying, but he comes up with this 32X comment. The bigger the idiot the higher they go in politics! Would love to know which of his kids put together the following chart and where the data was plucked from?

Excellent to hear that research is confirming this!

The negative is that those who aren't involving themselves in this thread, because we are disproving what they are hearing is "the science," won't acknowledge or even click here now.

Omicron is milder

When will the sheep stop following the post of morons like Mark Levine who is the Burrough chief of Manhattan:

"Who is filling up the hospitals in NYC as omicron surges? Answer: it's still the unvaccinated. They are now *32* times more likely to land in the hospital vs. vaccinated. You don't want those odds. Get vax'd now. https://vax4nyc.nyc.gov"

What a stupid ass comment from an idiot with absolutely no evidence to support this comment. Funny how the hospitals have seen absolutely no surge in chinese virus patients being hospitalized or patients dying, but he comes up with this 32X comment. The bigger the idiot the higher they go in politics! Would love to know which of his kids put together the following chart and where the data was plucked from?

They don’t have to confirm numbers, they can throw out whatever they like. It will pass through every fact checker.

But when a truth that they don’t like comes out, a 24 year old fact checker with a GED sitting in mom’s basement can ban that truth or tag it however they want.

Censorship is very cool, I guess, when it shuts up a point of view that doesn’t mirror yours.

Let’s take these things as truths, for arguments sake:

Regarding Omicron only:

——— vaxxed are catching it at a much higher rate than unvaxxed.

——— outcomes for vaxxed with omicron vs unvaxxed with omicron are the same … hospitalizations/icu/death

——— the “best” isolation control groups … all the cruises with everyone vaxxed …. Antarctica scientists miles from people all fully vaxxed/boosted - all have severe outbreaks (high percentages, but deaths).

Assume those to be true. Why on earth would somebody vax or boost ASIDE from “my doctor said so, the CDC said so”?

Further, if you accept those to be truths - aren’t you wondering what TF is going on?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT