ADVERTISEMENT

Coach or covid talk

NSHE is going to require employees here to get the vaccine too. I heard Wazzu is firing Rolo for “cause” so that they won’t have to pay his multimillion dollar buyout either. Is Arroyo vaccinated?

He did an awesome job in Hawaii. He was starting to get players in WS. Just made the decision not to get the jab.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
we will see if defying a state mandate and endangering people around you is cause. Meanwhile, it is entertaining to watch this play out. COVID is not going anywhere. Get a jab or two and lower the risk. This is not rocket science.

we will see if defying a state mandate and endangering people around you is cause. Meanwhile, it is entertaining to watch this play out. COVID is not going anywhere. Get a jab or two and lower the risk. This is not rocket science.

Endangering people around you?

Ok say he's in a room with 99 other people. They are all vaccinated. What is the danger?

We have seen multiple studies that vaccinated people carry the same viral load and can spread it damn near as easily as unvaccinated people.

So he's not endangering people by being more likely to spread it.

Which leads to..

If they are all protected by the vaccine then he should pose no threat to anyone but himself.

I'm vaccinated. Had Covid last year.

I would have zero concern going to any event regardless of peoples vaccination status.

Either it works or it doesn't.

It mitigates symptoms.
Not spread.

Only persons he would potentially be endangering would be himself and other unvaccinated people.

You being vaccinated are nearly as big a threat to an unvaccinated person as he is because you can still spread it.

I'm pro vaccine.
I'm anti mandate.
I'm anti people who think these vaccines are some kind of wonder drug...They help. They are hardly impregnable though.

I have multiple underlying factors that convinced me to get shot as early as possible. But I understand why some people won't.

People refuse the jab for a number of reasons.

They have already had covid.

You can't get absolute data but a quick search will show 10-15% of MD's won't take the shot. A higher percentage of nurses. Why would that be?

The vaccine uses old fetal cells in testing and some people won't be involved with anything that uses fetal tissue in any form.

Some people believe Brandon is acting unconstitutionally in his mandates and won't take the shot as defiance and to show their support of the Bill of Rights.

Some are fearful of long term side effects.

You cannot find a gold standard number of people who have died from the vaccine? Why??

I have two Grandsons and they have not taken the jab. They both caught covid early on and their dad is more fearful of heart complications than of any positive effects they would get from the shot. Luckily they live in Montana and there will be no mandates for jab or school. If there are federal mandates they will be disenrolled from school and home schooled.

There are most likely 100's more reasons - at least - but these are a few reasons people don't "get a jab or two".

Never heard of him. Don’t want him.

Next hire should be a former NFL guy..

If Kanye can change his name to “Ye” John Gruden can have a fresh start as “Chuck”. And be UNLV’s next coach. No one will even know.

lvhiker - you are drinking way too much Biden Kool-Aid. By the way I already had the virus and would see zero reason to get the vaccine. As a side note my son was forced by the military to get the vaccine while serving in Iraq last year. He had the vaccine after he had already had the virus and the vaccine got him far sicker than the virus. He said he wished he never had the dumb ass vaccine.

As a side note, this is a mandate not a law, so if the Governor decided all people should be sterilized at the age of 35 (reduce population increase) , or only one car is allowed per household (less car wrecks - save lives), etc. you would be OK with that as long as it is a mandate?

Last edited:
This is a public health mandate. The longer there are unvaccinated people acting as an incubator for genetic mutations, the more probable a version of COVID more dangerous than the delta variant will arise. So I am 100% in favor vaccination mandates.

Ok say he's in a room with 99 other people. They are all vaccinated. What is the danger?

We have seen multiple studies that vaccinated people carry the same viral load and can spread it damn near as easily as unvaccinated people.

Which leads to..

If they are all protected by the vaccine then he should pose no threat to anyone but himself.

I would have zero concern going to any event regardless of peoples vaccination status.

It mitigates symptoms.
Not spread.

Only persons he would potentially be endangering would be himself and other unvaccinated people.

You being vaccinated are nearly as big a threat to an unvaccinated person as he is because you can still spread it.

I'm pro vaccine.
I'm anti mandate.
I'm anti people who think these vaccines are some kind of wonder drug...They help. They are hardly impregnable though.
Few people enjoy “mandates” but it’s not so much about the 99 vaccinated people in the room, but the one out of a hundred in the room that can’t receive the vaccine as they have significant underlying health issues, even when taking proper precaution to avoid getting the bug.
Second, the higher vaccinated population, the slower the mutation process, which makes the process a painstakingly repeatable process, kind of like hoping for a good rebel football team but it’s the same, year after year, not making the adjustments needed.

Not soapboxing, just sayin’

On to football

Reactions: rickyb55
Few people enjoy “mandates” but it’s not so much about the 99 vaccinated people in the room, but the one out of a hundred in the room that can’t receive the vaccine as they have significant underlying health issues, even when taking proper precaution to avoid getting the bug.
Second, the higher vaccinated population, the slower the mutation process, which makes the process a painstakingly repeatable process, kind of like hoping for a good rebel football team but it’s the same, year after year, not making the adjustments needed.

On to football

We have a mask mandate right? To protect people correct? Or is it it purely for optics now?

Because any mandate I can defeat by ordering a popcorn and eating one kernel at a time is not a very serious mandate. Or one that feels like we should still be adhering.

If we are going to mandate vaccines, the government needs to start going door to door and forcing people to get vaccinated.

Why waste time with this nonsense, and put people out of work, or bar them from restaurants or sporting events. Enough with the soft coercion. Enforce it.

Half measures are for chumps.

(Also people should get vaccinated. Especially those over 65 and with comorbidities)

We are in the “soft” coercion phase. The number of mandates will slowly ramp up putting pressure on people. Some people will resist regardless of the mandates. On the other hand, it appears that mandates do encourage some people to get the jab.

Huh? The DNA of the virus was used to develop the vaccines. The Pfizer vaccine ha been approved without any caveats.

"Millions of people in the United States have received COVID-19 vaccines, since they were authorized for emergency use by FDA. These vaccines have undergone and will continue to undergo the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history." It typically takes 10-15 years to approve a new vaccine not months https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-development-testing-and-regulation The lack of proper testing is why the federal government has passed regulations that have protected these companies from lawsuits for side effects https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-vaccine-side-effects-compensation-lawsuit.html

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
"Millions of people in the United States have received COVID-19 vaccines, since they were authorized for emergency use by FDA. These vaccines have undergone and will continue to undergo the most intensive safety monitoring in U.S. history." It typically takes 10-15 years to approve a new vaccine not months https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-development-testing-and-regulation The lack of proper testing is why the federal government has passed regulations that have protected these companies from lawsuits for side effects https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-vaccine-side-effects-compensation-lawsuit.html

Again I'm vaccinated.

Think people should seriously consider it.

The fact you are being coerced to take this vaccine but have no recourse if you respond poorly to it is horse manure.

What makes you think my decision was “blind.” I weighed the new vaccine versus the danger of long term COVID. To me, it was obvious that covid was a larger danger. But vaccines work best when everyone buys in. The vaccine/COVID story is a continuing drama. I am comfortable being vaccinated. Stay safe everyone.

Which leads to..

It mitigates symptoms.
Not spread.

I'm pro vaccine.
I'm anti mandate.
True...also if masks work why does anyone have it !

If you works for a company or any government branches, either State or Federal....if they gave a mandate, then it is mandatory for employment. I am one of the first person to get the vaccine in this planet, never regret it. I made that decision after reading scientific papers after papers from the very beginning. I chose the vaccine..

Reactions: NSU67 and rickyb55
True...also if masks work why does anyone have it !

They work but not to the degree we are being told.

In a controlled environment there is some benefit.

When people are slapping the equivalent of a t-shirt over their face, not so much.

When people fidget with them constantly. Nope.

It's the same cloth mask they've had for two weeks...Guessing not so much.

Controlled..I'll buy the 80% effective number.

Real world..Probably far less.

Like I posted before.

Any mandate that I can defeat buy ordering a box of popcorn and 'actively eating doesn't hold much water.

Reactions: j. spilotro
Or don’t and understand your risks, very low for the vast majority of people. You can get full protection instead of temporary protection light.

To me the key is choice.

What makes you think my decision was “blind.” I weighed the new vaccine versus the danger of long term COVID. To me, it was obvious that covid was a larger danger. But vaccines work best when everyone buys in. The vaccine/COVID story is a continuing drama. I am comfortable being vaccinated. Stay safe everyone.
Vaccine works best when it doesn’t leak and when it’s not temporary. It would also work best with focus instead of all, you can read about selective pressure. I know your actual science was more about numbers, but I also know you can understand non-MSM misinterpretations of studies and understand actual studies/theories and apply critical thinking. You can also choose not to go that route but you have more capability than most in the general area of true science.

Were you forced? or was it a free will decision? personally, for me only, I have a problem with the first. I’m ok with the latter.

Such fear mongering! Since the parties and giveaways they held weren't enough incentive, now let's scare them into getting the recurring jabs!

I'll admit that I didn't read the article since the title told me it's slant, but how often should the "vaccinated" expect to get Covid?

If you are pro-staying away from people for your safety, I'll support you. On the other hand, if I die from Covid due to living a normal life then you can stand over my grave and say "I told you so." I promise that I won't argue with you.

Expect to get Covid every 16 months

Reactions: Rebel1986

On to football
I'm not sure what you're attempting to argue with your first point. The vaccine does not stop the spread or transmission of COVID. The sole purpose of the vaccine is to mitigate symptoms of COVID (although we know know the effectiveness of the vaxx significantly wanes only a few months of receiving the jab, thus why boosters will also soon be mandated). Receiving the vaccine does not provide any additional protections against others who can't receive the vaccine because of underlying health issues.

Your second point about blaming mutations on the unvaxxed has no scientific basis whatsoever. In fact the opposite is true. Mutations will more likely thrive in environments with leaky vaccines where the virus can replicate and more likely mutate to overcome one's immunity. That's why implementing a mandatory vaccination policy is counterproductive and is proving to be a catastrophic strategy (for many reasons), and which is more likely leading to more virulent strains around the world.

Having high risk individuals take the vaxx, and having everyone else achieving herd immunity through natural immunity was always the way out of this madness. For some nefarious reasons, we chose not to take that route.

How heartwarming and empathic to see that you find it "entertaining" that vast amount of people are losing their jobs and livelihoods over being forced to take medicine they don't need or want in their bodies.

They don't have cause, and will end up being sued in court and paying out millions!
Hmm, really?? They have such an amazing case that they are blaming everything on him being a devout Christian? Saw many times that he is catholic. The pope came out in full support of the vaccine. But he's being demonized only because of his religious beliefs. That's a complete joke and everyone supporting him here knows that. If he has such a solid case why can't he stand behind personal choice? Why does he have to claim some crazy witch hunt against him. I doubt he going to get "millions" with this crackpot defense.

“It is a tragic and damning commentary on our culture, and more specifically, on Chun, that coach Rolovich has been derided, demonized and ultimately fired from his job, merely for being devout in his Christian faith,” Fahling wrote.

Huh? The DNA of the virus was used to develop the vaccines. The Pfizer vaccine ha been approved without any caveats.
Um … you really don’t understand things, do you?

The Pfizer in Europe (Comirnaty), which isn’t offered here, is FDA “approved” (never mind that it was a incomplete, non-thorough, rubber stamp approval) … the Pfizer that is offered here is still under EUA.

Surprised somebody so scientifically learned doesn’t know this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT