ADVERTISEMENT

5-0 and playing like the Aztecs and Houston

KK, is building a culture and team like Aztecs and Houston, I watched Houston other night, not great shooting team, but they play hard defensively and on the glass, they have bunch of 6'6-6'8 players, and athletic, so if this is how KK is going to recruit, I am all in, have culture and style and go with it, and hope a couple of guys can shoot.

5-0, not the toughest schedule like Aztecs, but Dayton is good win, playing Minnesota/Washington St from P5 schools, plus USF and Southern Miss, granted the rest is not the best, hopefully moving forward
starting next year, go back to Hawaii or host on-campus thanksgiving tournament would be nice.

I like to see Utah/BYU back on the schedule, see if you can get Houston on home-home, look to the east coast getting with VCU/Richmond and maybe NC State type teams if you can get top 20 teams, playing Pacific Life and IMAC Ward do nothing, except everyone plays.

Gilbert is total different player this year, if they can get Thomas, be nice to have Vegas back court for the next 2 years.

I really like this team, not great offensive team, outside of the Aztecs, they should compete against everyone, I wish the Aztec home game was in January with the students in school.

Really like Rodriquez, he's my favorite new comer so far.

Harkless is going to be guy to take the big shots.

It's early, but I do have some hope, lets take care of Minny and enjoy thanksgiving at 6-0.

I wish everyone Happy Thanksgiving, be safe and enjoy being with your family. Go Rebs.

2023 Staff

Who out on staff?
To me I fire whole staff, since this is UNLV, won't happen, that said, who's scape goat for Arroyo?

To me whose defensive coaching staff should be replaced.
New OC play calling over Arroyo

Next yr I want progress, no blow out losses in conference at all, no more excuses, with complex and stadium win and win, nothing less then 7 or 8 wins or else.
Reactions: rebel5280

Rebels and Raiders

The Raiders have enough talent to be winning games. There can only be one reason they are not succeeding. It looks like the Rebel football stink has spread to the Raiders. No team can even be near the Rebels without getting smelly.

Mark Davis should pay the Rebels $20 Mil a year to go back to the Silver Bowl. Then he should build the Rebels their own Stadium on campus. When the season is over he should completely disinfect Allegiant and bring in Shamans and Voodoos Priests to eliminate all the bad Rebel JUJU.

Only then do the Raiders have a chance.

Sneaking suspicion

That if UNLV isn’t bowl eligible and they DON’T beat Reno, there will be a change.

It’s at that point of the contract. You have to extend or cut ties. If there’s any reason to cut ties, that’s the way it will go.

I don’t think that scenario will unfold but it certainly is possible and I hope not.

He hasn’t built up a ton of goodwill on campus so it makes it even easier.

Aloha

It must have been the second slice of upside down pineapple cake that led to your demise. Not only were you eliminated from bowl game consideration, yesterday day was also National Toilet Day and you being the aptly named runnin rebels, stole the show. Today is Sunday, it's your fun day, you don't have to run day. Runnin Rebels is so yesterday. Boreal Arroyo and the Light Brigade is kind of catchy. Bring your own bottle.

UNLV Grinder’s

As this season progresses CKK’s coaching philosophy is becoming apparent based on some key defensive statistics. When it comes to forcing turnovers UNLV is leading the nation and statistically no. 1 in forcing 24.25 to’s per game. UNLV is 6th in the nation in steals at 12.5 steals per game and 7th in the nation in turnover margin at a 8.5 ratio. There is nothing pretty about this style of play. But UNLV will win a lot of games if the trend continues with 8.5 more possessions per game than it‘s opponents.

Rap music

I totally loved the Dayton game but am already tired of the constant loud music , before, during and after the game. In my opinion most people go to a basketball game to hear college bands. Just the sound of a great band , which our Rebel band is… is soo energizing. I do not want to hear concert music when our whole band is sitting on their hands most of the game.

Main Event at T-Moblie

4 rank teams, if Tark was alive and at UNLV, Rebels would be playing tonight, at least I was alive when UNLV was top 5 team and UCLA was so scared of us, lol

Memories Memories, just maybe before I leave this earth, both basketball and football can schedule big time teams again to visit Vegas and beat them, you can have NHL, NFL all the pro sports and high ticket prices, but if UNLV ever becomes a top 15 program, hoops will average 16K a game and sell out all top weekend games and football might draw 40K and get P5 school for Labor Day every year, I can dream, then again were talking about making a commitment from UNLV administration, shaking my head in disgust.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT