ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs Boise State

lobbybuu

Retired Number
Dec 29, 2022
Harkless needs to put up at least 20, JJ3 at least 10, LuRod at least 10 and 10, and Webster needs to make a couple of timely threes. Gilbert needs to be on a very short leash tonight.

Like @j. spilotro said in a recent post, Boise is not all that good, but they do play within their plans and are always on schedule. We usually hang tough in the first half and the second half is where they always get us. Our effort has been on 100 lately so I'll just go out on a limb and say we squeak this one out just based on our hustle and again, the fact that its hard to beat a team three times.

Close game in Boise. I think we can win this one if we don't miss too many easy fast break layups. USU is the tough matchup for us because of their height.

Dude, what a way to send out Coach Rice, if Kruger magically puts it together.

Dude are we meeting up? I’m going to the game.

Just remember, I’m beyond stoned so I will just be nodding my head not making any sense.

Reactions: 220reb
What a terrible start...

I dont want to see Nowell get much playing time this game. He looks like a tap dancer out there and doesnt play with any type of urgency.

Forget everything I said. I was wrong.

See yall around! I'll make sure to post any updates on recruiting and portal movement this offseason when I get the word.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
It was such a goddamn lazy hire by the AD, I said that at the time but hoped it would work. We all like Kevin but in no way should have he been handed this job, although given that UNLV hired a HS coach to run it’s FB program it’s not a shock. Or maybe it was a surprise they went the way they did over hiring the Green Valley HS coach?

Crazy game. Boise is hot beyond hot. I have actually seen Unlv play worse than this, it is just that Boise has been crazy good. No one would have beat them that first half. I would like to see different defenses played by unlv just so the other team cannot get so comfortable.

It was such a goddamn lazy hire by the AD, I said that at the time but hoped it would work. We all like Kevin but in no way should have he been handed this job, although given that UNLV hired a HS coach to run it’s FB program it’s not a shock. Or maybe it was a surprise they went the way they did over hiring the Green Valley HS coach?
By your logic, other assistants should not get head jobs at other big programs either. Seems Ariz and K State did pretty well hiring assistants.

This last sentence defines my entire frustration with us on that end. Mix it up once in a while, Lon Jr!
UNLV might be the most scoutable team in the nation. I said that from the beginning. They have zero versatility by both offensive and defensive schemes. And both aren’t hard to diffuse.

Force turnovers dropped pretty dramatically. There’s a reason.

Rebs up 2. What a comeback. If mouk would not have messed up 3 easy hoops we would be up strong.

Hero ball down stretch by Harkless did not work well at all. Shot of the year by Nowell. I hope those that gave up at half time did see much of this.

That was a tie up and calling a tech in that situation is bs. Refs were really bad tonight.

Its also really hard to come back from so much and then win the game.

Great game though and exciting end to a wasted season.

That call where it was out on boise in ot and they gave it to them with 3 seconds left on the shot clock and they found the guy for a lay up was the killer.

Harkless has saved them all year but killed them down the stretch. Why KK goes to one guy down the stretch is crazy. We were rolling until kk did that. Did the same with Bham last year.

That call where it was out on boise in ot and they gave it to them with 3 seconds left on the shot clock and they found the guy for a lay up was the killer.

Harkless has saved them all year but killed them down the stretch. Why KK goes to one guy down the stretch is crazy. We were rolling until kk did that. Did the same with Bham last year.
It’s the guy who carried you all year. He was exhausted but to be honest, you gotta go with your best … you couldn’t buy him breathers, we were down too much. The best breathers came with the damn reviews.

It did happen with Bham last year. Two things - more depth/options, better conditioning. Our conditioning is pretty routine/average. Depth helps with that, so does a heavier commitment to conditioning. Most coaches kind of overlook that nowadays and it is pretty much standard. Another team may have better players, more strength, skill, size, speed … one thing you have full control over is your conditioning.

If I were a Wyoming coach (altitude), conditioning would be my primary concerning and then very high pace. Especially in todays game. Can you imagine a Loyola philosophy in Laramie. Players would drop.

You have to give them credit, they looked like garbage and then when their backs were to the final wall of the season, they let it all hang out and went for it. It just took all the gas out of the reserves to get it back to even.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT