Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fresno by 12-19

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • UNLV by 20+

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Fresno by 20+

Votes: 2 9.1%

Line: Fresno -9.5 Saturday , 730 pm PST, CBSSN

Line up your predictions, post updates, info, insights, stats, embed tweets, videos, pics, whatever you want … make your picks and post as the game progresses. Anything you want related to the UNLV/Fresno game.

Culture

Often there are posts that talk about our football culture or lack thereof. I completely get that our past coaches have been unsuccessful in building a winning culture, but it brings up a question. What coach, Nationally, has brought a 30+ year back from the dead and instilled a winning culture? There are coaches that have brought losing programs back from their misery, but only for a short time. They haven't instilled a culture that could outlive their tenure.

Has there ever been a coach that actually changed the culture of a losing football program?

Have to be impressed with

Kelvin Sampson.

He was on one of the long shot lists, can’t remember which one, but was untouchable for the most part given his past issues. Which, personally, I think is completely horseshit for a school like UNLV, acting like we are above certain types. It’s short sighted, it’s ultra safe.

But issues aside, the guy can flat out coach. He assembles talent and gets them to go hard. I like his teams.

Kansas

The self imposed penalties are a joke! Four games for knowingly paying players and denying it for five years while you win a National championship. If I was an ASU fan, I would be pissed. It says NCAA can add more penalties later but will not add anything during the season, sure Ok St. would have liked that treatment.

MWC commish named: WCC's Nevarez

https://theathletic.com/3836281/2022/11/11/mountain-west-gloria-nevarez-commissioner/ https://twitter.com/steve4six/status/1511879443941191680

loses Cincinnati, Houston and UCF to the Big 12. The MWC is also a strong men’s basketball conference, with four NCAA Tournament participants last year. But realignment is always in the air, and San Diego State is a candidate to join the Pac-12 if that league opts to expand following the completion of its media rights deal later this year. — Vannini

What they’re saying

“I am honored and humbled to be trusted to lead one of the nation’s elite athletic conferences, and I want to thank the Board of Directors for their belief in me and in my vision,” Nevarez said in a statement. “We are well-positioned as a league thanks to the incredible legacy of Commissioner Thompson, but we cannot—and will not—rest on our success. We will be aggressive, we will be innovative, we will be inclusive and we will keep our focus on the student-athletes who call the Mountain West Conference home. I cannot wait to visit our campuses, our Conference staff, and our fans, and to begin the work ahead.”
  • Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub

• Poll
Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread UNLV at SDSU

Game winner …

• UNLV in OT

• SDSU in OT

• UNLV by 1-9

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • SDSU by 1-9

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • UNLV by 10-19

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • SDSU by 10-19

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • UNLV by 20+

• SDSU by 20+

Votes: 2 8.0%

Line: SDSU -8, Saturday , 400 pm PST, CBSSN

Line up your predictions, post updates, info, insights, stats, embed tweets, videos, pics, whatever you want … make your picks and post as the game progresses. Anything you want related to the UNLV/SDSU game.

The longest day-after

After watching a significant amount of the Utah State/ New Mexico game, two teams that are truly bereft of talent, I watched 2 erratic left handed quarterbacks in your game. Somebody had to win, and with 5 minutes left in the game, San Diego, after being stuffed the entire game. suddenly finds its running game. You have no excuses other than you are the web-Ls. Haener is up next, and its more than likely you will experience another long day. You have alot more talent than either Hawaii or Nevada, but winning at Hawaii is never easy and Nevada, despite one of it's worst teams ever, will show up. Losing to Nevada with a bowl berth in the balance would be devastating. I suggest you lose to Hawaii and diminish the impact of the Nevada game. Besides, a 4-8 record is pretty good for you guys.

Good Old Days

The games tipped off at 8:05 which gave plenty of time for day shift dealers to get to the game either on time or with 15 to go in the first half. I was working at Caesar's at the time and the buzz was palpable from 82-92. Everybody wanted to go see the Greatest Show in Town.
From the time we got to work we would be making deals and finageling for the EO (early out) so we could get out by 7:40 to get to the T & M before tip off. The light show was new to college and pro hoops at that time and everybody stood and did the Shark Arms to the theme of Jaws. Nothing like it, Rebel hoops was electric.
i still go, still love my Rebs no matter how much they break my heart and always will. Can't wait for Monday, Go Rebels, hoping for one more magical season.

Juco commit

I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere on here, so...

Jeffrey Waddilove

@JeffWaddilove

Top 50 JUCO Rob Whaley chooses #UNLVmbb over Wichita State & Boise State. Their 1st pledge for 2023, Whaley is a brute force, multidimensional type. At 6'5, he has elite post moves, can face up, has terrific vision, is a savage rebounder, & likes to finish well above the rim.

2:48 PM · Oct 17, 2022·Twitter for Android

Bryce Reppin’ Hustlin’ Rebs

Does any other professional athlete rep UNLV as much as Bryce Harper? I don’t think our Alumni represent as hard as he does. I guess that speaks volumes of our athletic department and culture. He’s just a fan. Didn’t have to deal with the BS behind the scenes? Or maybe he’s just one of them hardcore East Las boys ✊🏻

Login to view embedded media
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT