ADVERTISEMENT

• Poll
Was basketball the ticket to the Big 12?

First, I won’t even argue the undeniable. Because, if UNLV had a top 30 football program over the last 10 years they would have been invited to the Big 12 with BYU.

But what about basketball? The reason I bring up hoops is because there are recent reports about discussions between the Big 12 and Gonzaga regarding Big 12 membership. Also, historically basketball was the reason why UNLV was invited to the Old WAC from the Big West. Similarly, basketball was the reason why UNLV was included as part of the original membership in the MWC. Not football. Prior to Lon Kruger taking the Oklahoma job the Runnin’ Rebel went to tourney 4 times and the NIT once. The Stanbeck, Moser, Marshall and Bellfield team was a lock to make it 5 ncaa’s in 6 years. Also, UNLV was top 25 in attendance when LK left. Even Forbes magazine ranked UNLV as the 16th most valuable basketball program in 2009 with UNLV as the first Non-P5 program on the list. Forbes link: https://www.forbes.com/2009/03/16/m...-sports-final-four_slide.html?sh=701af11a2f8f It highlights how much money UNLV lost over last decade by not retaining LK.

Assuming football stayed on the same trajectory was a top 30 basketball program over the last decade the ticket to the Big 12?
Reactions: unlove

UNLV v Southern Miss

What is it with UNLV fouling Southern Miss every time down the floor? UNLV is missing their free throws and then fouling Southern Miss. They are letting them back into the game! While UNLV still has an 8 point lead, they do not appear to have a killer instinct and have had a bunch of sloppy fouls in the last few minutes. UNLV has hit 17 of 24 and Southern Miss has hit 11 of 14 at the line.

OT: avoid Iranian women

They are going to kill you for killing their General!!

I’ve Always wanted to have sex with an Iranian chick but I’m gonna have to pontificate and decline.

The brainwashing is RIDICULOUShttps://fb.watch/hycWv8y_zK/

Recruiting Thread

We haven’t had the need for one of these in a while but it seems like recruiting is picking up and we are targeting 4/5 star recruits. I am liking what I am seeing as far as the level of talent we are going after. Getting official visits from 5 star top 20 recruits isn’t something we have seen since Rice. Very exciting in my opinion. Now let’s see if this staff can start landing.

Login to view embedded media
Login to view embedded media

Anyone here wanna join the American Conference?

I know everyone wants to join the Pac 10 but I don’t want to join. They got years of being in their own bubble and quite frankly, All their fans would thumb their noses at being associated with us.

The American Conference would be a decent lateral move.

They got 2 dogs that I would never travel to under any circumstances..East Carolina and Temple. Philly is a freakin’ warzone and Mike Hamrick is/was still a douche so I would never visit East Carolina.

They got Cincy, Memphis and Houston and guess what, they only have 11 members. Yes, you heard that right. We could throw our collective thumbs at the mountain worst members and the pac 10 and what’s left of them..

Who’s down to join them? AMERICAN conference!!!!!

We can get players from Texas and Florida.
Reactions: VEGAS12THMAN

Dude, I want to go bowling

My dad got me a ticket for the Rose Bowl. No question. I dropped everything on 1/2/23 and changed my schedule for a chance to see two teams I don’t care about. I have a lot of friends in the athletic department at Utah and my last name is a legacy at that school, but it got me thinking.

If I’m this excited about watching two teams I don’t care about, and having to navigate HORRIBLE traffic to get there and back, what will it be like when UNLV is playing extra football. I don’t care what bowl it is. It will be great for the players, the staff, and the fans, and I will be there.

I was at the bowl games in 84, 94, and 00. Couldn’t make the loss to North Texas because I had just started my own practice. I have great memories from each game. I think I’m in the same boat with all UNLV football supporters. We WANT to support this team. We will support them when they win. I think the school has finally made a good football decision with this hire, and we will win. It just feels different this time. I haven’t genuinely felt this way in 20 years. I’ve gone along for the ride with these “outside the box” hires, but I’ve rarely felt like the school got it right. I’ve waited to see, and theyre has been WAY too much mediocrity - absolute poop football.

Is it August?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT