ADVERTISEMENT

Buyouts terms?

It had been mentioned that Arroyo would forfeit some of his buyout money if he were to take another job.

Is that the case with some of these recently fired candidates?

Herman's buyout over 15 mil, and Ed O's was over 17 mil.

If so that may be a hard sell, if they also would have to forest free money

To Anyone Upset About Arroyo

3 of his 5 wins this year came against teams with a combined 5-30 record and 1-23 conference record and lost to a Hawaii team with 1 division 1 win before hand. It might have been the easiest schedule of all time and he still couldn’t get to 500. UNLV has upgraded the program in many facets. We used to have two benches and their stadium nickname was the dust bowl. He’s gotten the same results as previous coaches, with much better facilities and salary for assistants. He won one game in 3 years against teams over 500 and it was North Texas. Truth be told, he should have never been the hire. He was going to get fired at Oregon as OC and held Herbert back. This is a good day. Now, I'm expecting UNLV to UNLV and probably miss on this next hire too, but Arroyo sucked and this program is in the same exact place it was 3 years ago.

I doubt it will happen

But if UNLV does back into a bowl game, you CANNOT back out of playing. You just can’t.

there’s not many things that would show the players that you don’t care about them. Any accolades piled on during the season, for play, for academics, that would ring hollow if you don’t play in the game. And we are going to lose players regardless - but you are going to lose a lot more when you show them that they don’t matter.

RESET : Start over - rinse - cycle - repeat......... RESET: Start over - rinse - cycle - repeat

Being a fan of UNLV athletics is a purely dysfunctional. You have to be some kind of sick sadist to follow a rinky dink backwards screwed up flawed university and enjoy it ? why ? in no way shape or form does anything even resemble what i fell in love with 35 years ago. Tark and Harvey Hyde were fun - I dont even know WTF this mickey mouse shit is they are doing now. Its funny coming back to this board after taking a few months off. A few months ago I thought everybody was so worried we would lose our coach , turns out we wanted him fired???... it doesnt make sense...nothing does with mickey mouse U. Anybody care to explain???

Kind of funny …

Not surprising, but funny nonetheless.

It was just 6 or 7 weeks ago that people wanted to lock him up with an extension. He may bolt for the P-12! I don’t know where those threads are now but remember the convos.

And now he’s shitcanned a few weeks later.

Should be a reminder, once again …. When you have success, pay attention to the competition and give it some weight. Whether it’s a recruit (Dantley), whether it’s a team, whether it’s a player (Jones last game). If you don’t add some context to what you are seeing … you’re going to have some skewed POV’s.

Though I’ll admit, to me, the team did look “different” early … and I don’t think it was entirely shit competition that made UNLV look decent. They were smoother, more focused than we’ve seen a lot of past UNLV teams (even when those former teams played weak teams). Maybe I was fooled by my eyes, but back of kind always said “be careful, they’re playing garbage”.

Rest of OOC

7-0 while playing pretty decent basketball. What does the rest of OOC shape up to be?

@San Diego- trap game after a week off and first true away game, USD is not good but gave Utah St. a scare. Feel like this is the game will show me if the program has moved on from its old ways.

Hawaii (5-1)- played nobody, at Henderson this should still not be close. Best win Texas State, loss to undefeated Yale. Still not a good team.

Washington St. @MGM Grand (3-2) all you need to know is they lost to SWAC Prairie View A&M, best win Texas State.

San Francisco(6-1), wins at Fresno st, Wichita St, loss last game to Davidson. Best team left OOC, also possible at-large team.

Southern Miss(6-0), zero quality wins

Amazingly all of these have winning records, but wow they have played nobody. Best loss is probably Yale.

I would hope we can run the table, but gun shy based on recent history that this will actually happen. Really wish the Wash St. game was a tournament to where we faced the Arizona/Indiana winner.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT