ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hypocrisy in politics

Dumbacrat grifting party..

I don’t care about the Central Park Five, if you watched the Netflix documentary..you would think they were innocent angels just having fun..

UNLV lost one commit

I hope the coaching staff see something in him that other teams have not really seen. A look at the programs recruiting Mason Alnutt consist of Bowling Green, Bryant, Buffalo, East Tennessee State, Kent State, Monmouth and Stony Brook. Not exactly top level competition.
The hit rate with under the radar guys ( Jet Thomas, Jacob De Jesus) has been really good so far.

At this point I trust the staff with their recruiting. Also, some guys may just be projects/depth/development guys

Stealing signals

Could you’d still hit one 300 plus on a 92 mph fast ball? Curious as to how long it takes you to adapt now.

I haven’t hit cages for 10+ years now. I didn’t have shit for power, was a slap hitter. But at 40, it took some loosening up and a few pitches … I could still make solid contact with 90 mph.

But that’s a cage, I’m not worried about getting it. Can dig in as much as you want. Makes a huge difference, actual comfort in the box. Then it’s just getting the timing down. Not worried about it getting in on my hands too much, you know you’ll be able to get the extension you need and you can really measure it with complete confidence.

Machines are easy. Humans are not.
Lol, not likely. At least not consistently. I haven't seen a live pitch in a long time, so my timing would be way off and my bat speed isn't close to what it used to be. Definitely would be easier against an iron mike in a batting cage than off of a live pitcher, where the ball moves, as well as just worrying about the location (in/out/up/down).

I guess if I knew for sure that the pitcher was throwing a fastball, I could probably time it up decent enough to make some good contact. But that's the problem, you don't know what pitch is coming or where it will be.

OT: Hypocrisy in politics

And THIS is where I have a HUGE problem with Trump.

Login to view embedded media
I think many policies … the left is way the f out their head (economy, immigration, DEI, genital mutilation of children, stance on crime, love of censorship) and they are all tremendous deal breakers for me. I could never vote for the current Dem stance.

I can’t vote for Trump either because of the above. And on those problematic issues I list above, Trump is definitely a plus in my view. Other things I don’t like but they aren’t deal breakers, aside from the giant mistake listed in the video. But at least he, unlike the dems, granted the freedom of choice instead of mandates … but that he won’t admit massive mistakes about something that impacted so many lives in a negative way … I can’t get past it.
If you do not vote for President Trump, then you are de facto voting for Harris. Can you truly tell me there are nearly as many issues with Trump as there are with Kamala Harris and the democratic party? Do you truly believe the country is in better shape now than it was under President Trump? Do you believe that the cost of insurance medical, car, etc. has not sky rocketed under the Biden/Harris administration? Do you believe the price of gas hasn't sky rocketed under the Biden/Harris administration? Do you believe the price of rent/owning a house hasn't sky rocketed under Biden/Harris? Do you believe the democratic party does or doesn't use violence and rioting to move their agenda forward? Do you believe the democratic party does or doesn't use the legal system and the FBI as a political weapon? Do you believe the democratic party leader did or didn't have anything to do with putting leaders and agents in the secret service whose ineptness almost led to President Trump being assassinated? Do you believe or not that the huge increase in homeless has anything to do with the current administration? Do you believe it is the democratic or republican leadership that has destroyed the state of California? Do you believe that the flood of illegal immigrants and the impact of these illegals has gotten better or worse under the current administration? Do you believe there is or is not a financial impact on the citizens of this country in regards to the cost of caring for the illegals in this country? I can go on and on, but I do not consider admitting mistakes that he has made is even in the same galaxy to the intentional actions of the current administration which has no problem with destroying this country.

Stealing signals

My feelings exactly. I love all competition and the vast majority of sports but there is something about baseball that I can't explain. Last Monday, NYM's Alvarez's walk off against the Oriels got me out of my seat. It's a baseball game on a Monday evening in August. Not many sports can make me do that.

I mean...
Cat and Mouse. Alvarez sitting fastball on a 3-0 count and just turning on it. Thing of beauty.
Agreed, love it. I used to do that any time I got to pinch hit. A lot of pinch hitters will take the first pitch to get a feel for the game and see the ball. Nah, I'm not doing that. I'd get his fastball timed up in the dugout or on deck, and if I got a first pitch fastball, I'm taking a healthy cut. Dropped a couple bombs on pinch hit 1st pitch FB's back in the day.

Stealing signals

I understand why people don’t enjoy the game. But when they don’t, my very first thought is you don’t really understand the game … you might get the rules and generalities, but you don’t get the depth.
My feelings exactly. I love all competition and the vast majority of sports but there is something about baseball that I can't explain. Last Monday, NYM's Alvarez's walk off against the Oriels got me out of my seat. It's a baseball game on a Monday evening in August. Not many sports can make me do that.

I mean...
Cat and Mouse. Alvarez sitting fastball on a 3-0 count and just turning on it. Thing of beauty.

Most dangerous Group of Five teams

Texas State? really!?!?

This is one of the few places where they have UNLV rated above Boise State. They do not seem to be concerned with our QB situation. Some people are paying attention.
I have an issue with Liberty being on a list like this. 9/10 teams listed have at least one P4 on their schedule except Liberty.

Most dangerous Group of Five teams

Texas State? really!?!?

This is one of the few places where they have UNLV rated above Boise State. They do not seem to be concerned with our QB situation. Some people are paying attention.
Reactions: 1Tripoda
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT