ADVERTISEMENT

What if…

The difference from the past, is if he is truly working with Marion, then he will have picked up many of the skills needed to be a good head coach. When was the last head coach at UNLV that was good enough to even train an assistant let alone keep their own job?
I agree. Like I said, hiring a legacy player from a successful program tends to work better than bringing an outside coordinator.

Its a good problem to have IF it comes to that. But it is still a problem.

My point is that if we become a top MW team and a true playoff contender, then this job is going to look way more attractive than it did when Odom took the job. Do we want to pass on that potential just to go with Marion?

Maybe. It also depends on this offense. It was good last year, but could also stall quite a bit. The WR Corps looks stacked, a good RB group, and a veteran OL. The offense should be fired on nearly all cylinders this season. If it truly becomes something special, than that would make Marion look much more attractive as a HC.

All of is this is probably moot. I think Marion getting poached as a OC at a top school or a HC at a lower tier school is much more likely than Odom being poached after this season.

OT: Hypocrisy in politics

Is there betting odds on Trump dumping Vance and adding RFK to his ticket? Trump's campaign needs a shakeup.
Vance is doing exactly what he needs to do. Hes putting constant pressure on the press, taking heat off Trump, and is an absolute bulldog with real experience that touches home with Rust belt voters in PA, Michigan, WI.. etc. All the "chatter" about dumping him is media that doesn't like him calling out their BS. Meanwhile Happy Joy campaign is doing co-interviews and avoiding policy.
And RFK? how would that help his ticket... RFK is a great tool to have in a coalition together but youre not putting him on a ticket.
  • Haha
Reactions: Knight Rebel702

How is it only Tuesday?

The most famous Houston food sub-genre was Viet-Cajun. There was an episode of "Ugly Delicious" on Netflix that was based Houston food in general, but went in depth on the Viet cajun movement. ....

Off the top of my head there is an Indian pizza place (uses naan for the crust)
I love Cajun and Viet. That sounds like a match made in food heaven!

There was a place I'd go in Hawaii that had Chinese pizza. Loved the moo goo gai pan pizza and the chicken almond ding-za!
That is how we picked Ninfa's I went there when there for the SB a few years ago because they had invented the fajita and loved it. Also added B&B Butchers to our list for tonight.
Best fajitas I ever had, before or since, were at Taco Cabana / Tacasita in San Antonio. They'd bring them out, sizzling on an iron skillet, and a tortillero filled with warm, soft tortillas. You could go up to the fixin's bar and get whatever else you wanted to load on them. And, need I say, served with ice cold cerveza. They billed themselves as the original home of the party on the patio. There was one right across the street from where I worked. I was still young and single, so you know i didn't go there often! Man, I just realized how much I miss that place.
Reactions: Meister_Rebel

What if…

I am not totally against having Marion the HCIW. Obviously, I would prefer Odom staying.
I just hesitate because we have seemingly found some level of success by going out and getting a proven HC that has been at least moderately successful at the highest level. Hiring Marion, who could be great, is essentially a return to trying it with a first time, unproven HC. Always better to hire from within from a successful HC leaving for greener pastures vs taking a coordinator from a different program, but still.
If Odom were to leave for greener pastures, it would give us some buyout money and the job would be at it's most attractive state. That could lead to hiring another proven HC.
The difference from the past, is if he is truly working with Marion, then he will have picked up many of the skills needed to be a good head coach. When was the last head coach at UNLV that was good enough to even train an assistant let alone keep their own job?
Reactions: LVRebel2000

What if…

CKK did raise his voice to an official once last season so maybe this is the beginning of the end in the same way that Dave Rice got a technical (although the ref totally overreacted, and Dave didn't deserve it.. legitimately).

As for Odom training Marion, this is EXCELLENT marketing by Odom for prospective replacements for coordinators. "Come here and I'll help to prepare you for your next step." Who wouldn't want to work for a mentor secure enough in getting that trainee ready to advance?!?!
A successful HC/leader does this!

What if…

I am not totally against having Marion the HCIW. Obviously, I would prefer Odom staying.
I just hesitate because we have seemingly found some level of success by going out and getting a proven HC that has been at least moderately successful at the highest level. Hiring Marion, who could be great, is essentially a return to trying it with a first time, unproven HC. Always better to hire from within from a successful HC leaving for greener pastures vs taking a coordinator from a different program, but still.
If Odom were to leave for greener pastures, it would give us some buyout money and the job would be at it's most attractive state. That could lead to hiring another proven HC.

Travel

Probably depends on where you're going. Back in my days at UNLV, if it was a short trip like LA or Phoenix, we'd take a bus. Maybe up to 6 hours or so. Anything longer than that though and it would be by plane.
Same, for us it was SDSU and BYU on the bus. Logan was a Logan, Fresno, Reno, any further were flights.

I don't know if they are Sun Country anymore, but they did Sun Country and Allegiant in the years I was around the program. Sun Country when I left.
Reactions: LVRebel2000
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT