ADVERTISEMENT

What if…

CKK did raise his voice to an official once last season so maybe this is the beginning of the end in the same way that Dave Rice got a technical (although the ref totally overreacted, and Dave didn't deserve it.. legitimately).

As for Odom training Marion, this is EXCELLENT marketing by Odom for prospective replacements for coordinators. "Come here and I'll help to prepare you for your next step." Who wouldn't want to work for a mentor secure enough in getting that trainee ready to advance?!?!

How is it only Tuesday?

Tex mex is kinda it's own thing. Of course native Texans have a bit of a superiority complex about "their version" of Mexican food.
I don't agree that it is superior, but it can be damn good.

Tex Mex is the originator of Fajitas and queso, so they know how to blaze them up. In house made tortillas is almost a standard here which does make a difference.
That is how we picked Ninfa's I went there when there for the SB a few years ago because they had invented the fajita and loved it. Also added B&B Butchers to our list for tonight.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

How is it only Tuesday?

I agree but Houston has a few that are really good.
Tex mex is kinda it's own thing. Of course native Texans have a bit of a superiority complex about "their version" of Mexican food.
I don't agree that it is superior, but it can be damn good.

Tex Mex is the originator of Fajitas and queso, so they know how to blaze them up. In house made tortillas is almost a standard here which does make a difference.

What if…

It’s been apparent that Odom has been training Marion the way to run a program, Marion has been all over the field (not just offense) and different meetings etc. I think 2 years in the community and knowing how unlv is, Marion has a step up in that regard and is probably the HC in waiting.

Ideally you want another year or two with Marion as OC but if unlv is successful and gets hardware, it’s going to be tough to fend off the power schools. The other thing is you can pair him with an experienced coach as DC.

As for CKK, it is weird to say that yes his job status may depend on results he brings this year but there’s a football program on the rise and that is getting priority.

Lastly, I haven’t seen evidence of this (yet) with CKK and his mental health taking a toll since unlv is a tough job, it’s literally messed with coaches heads. We’ve seen Grg, Bayno, Spoon etc all flame out spectacularly and even more recently with Menzies. It’s not talked about a lot but Menzies became unhinged the last few months on the job, I mean really unhinged.

How is it only Tuesday?

He did. I told him they were pretty mild. I didn’t think they were that bad, a little hot. He acted like it was concentrated Carolina Reaper, tears and all.

I think it was at Meet Menzies type of event at Born and Raised. The chicken wing had more basketball knowledge.
lol I will have to mention that to him. What kind of Mexican doesn’t like spicy 😀
Reactions: j. spilotro

How is it only Tuesday?

OG Ninfas is legit, but it has been years since I have been. Pinkertons is one of the better Texas BBQ in the city. Near the top, but not so crazy that you have to wait in line for an hour to get served (at least not in my experience). Gotta get the Brisket of course. Get the beef ribs if they have them.
That’s good to hear don’t want to wait for hours! Definitely on the brisket.

How is it only Tuesday?

Have plans to hit up Original Ninfa’s and Pinkerton’s.
OG Ninfas is legit, but it has been years since I have been. Pinkertons is one of the better Texas BBQ in the city. Near the top, but not so crazy that you have to wait in line for an hour to get served (at least not in my experience). Gotta get the Brisket of course. Get the beef ribs if they have them.

How is it only Tuesday?

I live in Houston and my UNLV Alumni parents are flying in.

It will be hot and likely raining. So that will be fun :).

Anyone coming to town who is looking for places to eat, hit me up. Houston is a great food city. The oil industry has made the population extremely diverse and some awesome food comes with the merging of cultures.
Have plans to hit up Original Ninfa’s and Pinkerton’s.
Reactions: dcut03

How is it only Tuesday?

Well in general there is a large population of Vietnamese that came here after the Vietnam war. Similar climate and the gulf had similar fishing. A ton of west African,Indian/pakistani, as well as Mexican of course. Katrina migrated a ton of people from New Orleans, more than any other city. Then there is the Texas and Southern flare.

The most famous Houston food sub-genre was Viet-Cajun. There was an episode of "Ugly Delicious" on Netflix that was based Houston food in general, but went in depth on the Viet cajun movement.

But these days you can take nearly any 2 or 3 of the above food cultures and mix them up and there is probably a restaurant here like that.

Off the top of my head there is an Indian pizza place (uses naan for the crust), Japanese South American, Vietnamese Texas BBQ, Indian Texas BBQ/Texmex... the list goes on an on.
I cannot imagine it. Sound too crazy delicious, I need some pictures..
Reactions: bcvegaspt2

How is it only Tuesday?

What kind of merging of cultures look like?
Well in general there is a large population of Vietnamese that came here after the Vietnam war. Similar climate and the gulf had similar fishing. A ton of west African,Indian/pakistani, as well as Mexican of course. Katrina migrated a ton of people from New Orleans, more than any other city. Then there is the Texas and Southern flare.

The most famous Houston food sub-genre was Viet-Cajun. There was an episode of "Ugly Delicious" on Netflix that was based Houston food in general, but went in depth on the Viet cajun movement.

But these days you can take nearly any 2 or 3 of the above food cultures and mix them up and there is probably a restaurant here like that.

Off the top of my head there is an Indian pizza place (uses naan for the crust), Japanese South American, Vietnamese Texas BBQ, Indian Texas BBQ/Texmex... the list goes on an on.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT