ADVERTISEMENT

Boise versus Oregon

Oregon have never beaten Boise? That cannot be right
I think it's 3-0 vs Oregon for the Broncos.

I think Kellen Moore did it twice and Rypien once

Boise versus Oregon

Oregon beat Idaho 24-14. Boise won at Georgia Southern 56-45.

Unless Oregon didn't bring their varsity team to the game, then they are more beatable than ever. Not that Boise showed that they are world beaters. Both are hyped based on their names versus their products on the field. Oregon is currently favored -19.5. I don't see them winning by that margin, if they win.

I think that Boise, should they win, will become the top G5 and ranked about 18.

I’ll be at this game. I watched the entire Oregon vs Idaho game. Score was a little misleading (stats tell a different story) but Oregon didn’t look great on the OLine where they are replacing some key guys. Defense was good.

First Down Oregon 31-10
Total yards 487-217
Time of possession 39:15-20;15
Turnovers Oregon won 2-1

Dylan Gabriel was 41-49 for 380 yards.

Oregon had trouble running the ball which they usually don’t

I think they beat Boise by at least 28.

Program Interest

UNLV is going to beat Kansas this year. Coach O have been preparing for this game through recruiting....must my guess.
Reserving that judgement till they play Illinois this weekend... If they handle Illinois then I dont like our chances, even improved as we are. There isnt a game the following week that they would be overlooking us for, so We will be getting their best undivided attention.
They toyed with their FCS opponent for a while and benched JD6 for a long period of the game with a comfortable lead. Need to see them vs a decent Big 10 team.
Reactions: LocoRebel

Let’s talk about Utah Tech (week 2)

Woke has turned this country to its current shittier than ever status. It starts with limiting speech while preaching tolerance, then pushing that tolerance to reach unreasonable and absurd boundaries … and then claiming people that don’t accept those boundaries as something-ist.

Recognize the slippery slope before it’s too late. It’s too late. But you can see this coming. As soon as you were ok with “a little absurd” it became so much more absurd.

Funny how so many people that were a little left of center 20 years ago hold the same beliefs today, but now they are moderate right. Because the left extended their boundaries so far to the left.

I’ll say it over and over and over again. Censorship is bad. It’s always been bad. To me, it’s the rubicon. I’ll always stand by freedom of speech. I think half the posts here are moronic just like many people think mine are moronic. That’s all ok to me.

That’s one thing I like about Musk. Had he not freed Twitter from being entirely one sided, it would be reported, with conviction, and people would have believed it, that 100000 people died of Covid today. Misinformation doesn’t mean something isn’t true, it means it must not be allowed to be heard.
So many famous statues from all over the country have now been torn down or removed which is just another way of removing the history of this country. At the time of all the WOKE/Democratic sponsorship of the BLM riots, which was just a cash grab by a few leaders, they were starting to remove statues of people like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, etc.., if it had continued for another year, no statues would exist from our past history. This country has turned into a country of sheep that do as told by puppet masters!

Miles Kelly, the former Republican state legislator who sponsored the bill to rename Dixie State University to Utah Tech, said leaving Dixie Technical College’s name intact was a reflection of the fact that it was more of a local college.

“Dixie State had become a regional university and was drawing students from out of state and placing students in graduate and professional programs in other universities. It had more of a national reach than Dixie Technical College,” said Kelly, who lost his reelection bid for House District 11 to Katy Hall in the GOP primary in June.

Dixie State University’s name became a hot-button issue in 2020 in the aftermath of the murder of George Floyd and with the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement. Proponents of the name change argued the word “Dixie” evoked images of the Confederacy and white supremacy. Opponents contended leaving “Dixie” in the title honored the area’s heritage.”

It was a republican that suggested the name change. Of course, that republican got booted via voters electing someone else.
I am guessing he went to the same school of politics as Mitt Romney?

Kevin should be ashamed:

It is funny how people are bitching about how UNLV played verse Houston. UNLV was the underdog and easily won. Sluka was in his very first game, so no doubt they made things simple so that he wouldn't need to pass a lot. Remove a few of the penalties deserved or not, and UNLV could have easily scored 40+. Not basketball, but as easy as UNLV won, there is enough happiness to spread to both the football and basketball threads!
You would think this team was losing if you read the boards..
Reactions: AndyRooney

No doubt Biden/Harris and the rest of the WOKE crowd did the same thing to the school name as they did to the UNLV mascot!

Miles Kelly, the former Republican state legislator who sponsored the bill to rename Dixie State University to Utah Tech, said leaving Dixie Technical College’s name intact was a reflection of the fact that it was more of a local college.

“Dixie State had become a regional university and was drawing students from out of state and placing students in graduate and professional programs in other universities. It had more of a national reach than Dixie Technical College,” said Kelly, who lost his reelection bid for House District 11 to Katy Hall in the GOP primary in June.

Dixie State University’s name became a hot-button issue in 2020 in the aftermath of the murder of George Floyd and with the rise of the Black Lives Matter movement. Proponents of the name change argued the word “Dixie” evoked images of the Confederacy and white supremacy. Opponents contended leaving “Dixie” in the title honored the area’s heritage.”

It was a republican that suggested the name change. Of course, that republican got booted via voters electing someone else.
Reactions: LocoRebel

Always liked Dixie State, unfortunately they changed the name of the school to be more “inclusive” or some shit. Played a few games on their home court in summer/offseason basketball tournaments. Lots of memories in St. George for me, so I wish Utah Tech a lot of luck after Saturday. I think there is a lot of potential at Utah Tech.
No doubt Biden/Harris and the rest of the WOKE crowd did the same thing to the school name as they did to the UNLV mascot!
  • Haha
Reactions: rickyb55

Boise versus Oregon

Unless Oregon didn't bring their varsity team to the game, then they are more beatable than ever. Not that Boise showed that they are world beaters. Both are hyped based on their names versus their products on the field. Oregon is currently favored -19.5. I don't see them winning by that margin, if they win.

I think that Boise, should they win, will become the top G5 and ranked about 18.
Definitely pulling for BSU but based on how their defense looked I think Oregon will put up 45.

That just means they don’t have fans. A two hour drive and a chance to see Allegiant? Doesn’t add it unless they don’t have fans. Its an ultimate road trip for them.
They averaged like 6k fans last year at home. Its a short drive, I cant see why they wouldnt bring at least a couple thousand just to see their team play in a big stadium. I get its essentially a small town college, but there has to be some fans right?
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Boise versus Oregon

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT