1.13M—UCLA-Hawai'l, CBS
953K—New Mexico-Arizona, ESPN
425K—Idaho-Oregon, BTN
381K—Idaho St-Ore St, The CW
306K—Weber St-Washington, BTN
253K—Wyoming-ASU, FS1
223K—Portland St-WSU, The CW
172K—UNLV-Houston, FS1
ND vs Texas A&M? That’s who we were up against. I’m assuming they were somewhere in the top 3.

The FUTURE players

Correct.

With Hajj and Sluka both seniors UNLV will be in the market for a QB next year.

Heard some good things about Ochoa during camp.

Rebs may have their guy for next year already.

But with the portal being what it is now there are going to be talented dudes out there that are either a few years in buried on a depth chart or looking to move to a batter program.

For a freshman or RS freshman to take the reins they will need to be special these days.
Does Sluka have an extra Covid year? All of that is very confusing, but it appears to me like he could be eligible for that extra year.

SI’s Pat Forde on College Football Playoffs after week 1

Our schedule will be good, not great. 3 middle to lower power schools if you count Oregon state. A MW that is getting strong at the top, and maybe a tiny bit better at the bottom, but weaker in the middle.

We would have to go undefeated which is very unlikely AND there needs to be a lot of parity in the power conferences. I don't think an undefeated UNLV team will rank higher than a 2 loss SEC team or BIG 10 team this year. Probably same with the Big 12, maybe the ACC.

I do think we are in great shape for that G5 spot. We pretty much control our destiny there. If we finish 11-2, or 10-3 ( with a MW crown) I think we are in. Regardless of JMU or Liberty, or any other G5 school's record.

Houston, Syracuse, KU and Oregon State make for 3.5 P4 schools. (Oregon State being the .5)

Provided KU beats Illinois that would give the Rebs 1 shot at a ranked team.

Boise could be ranked when Rebs play them.

Syracuse has a chance to break top 25 as well by time Rebs play them.

That's 3 potential top 25 opponents plus 1.5 P4 opponents.

I don't think the Rebs will beat all four. But if they did...

That's gotta be pushing top 15 provided no hiccups vs anybody else.

The FUTURE players

Is he the QB from El Paso TX? If so, I remember reading some positive takes on him.

Correct.

With Hajj and Sluka both seniors UNLV will be in the market for a QB next year.

Heard some good things about Ochoa during camp.

Rebs may have their guy for next year already.

But with the portal being what it is now there are going to be talented dudes out there that are either a few years in buried on a depth chart or looking to move to a batter program.

For a freshman or RS freshman to take the reigns they will need to be special these days.

TV Viewership West Schools last week

From @SuperSportsWest X account

9.2M—USC-LSU, ABC
4.8M—NDSU-Colorado, ESPN
2.6M—Fresno St-Michigan, NBC
1.84M—CSU-Texas, ESPN
1.13M—UCLA-Hawai'l, CBS
425K—Idaho-Oregon, BTN
253K—Wyoming-ASU, FS1
172K—UNLV-Houston, FS1
It will take a few years for UNLV to get any type of national following after decades of being at the bottom of college football. The first step was last year, the next step is to have another good year and to increase home attendance. How many people want to watch a game in a half empty stadium? More fans means more excitement.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

TV Viewership West Schools last week

From @SuperSportsWest X account

9.2M—USC-LSU, ABC
4.8M—NDSU-Colorado, ESPN
2.6M—Fresno St-Michigan, NBC
1.84M—CSU-Texas, ESPN
1.13M—UCLA-Hawai'l, CBS
425K—Idaho-Oregon, BTN
253K—Wyoming-ASU, FS1
172K—UNLV-Houston, FS1

The FUTURE players

This sound like our very best QB after this year. I am sad that it is NOT Friel. But this kid looks legit. I agree with what the confidential board have said. Of course, they have seen him more than any of us outside the state. More info will be brought up as people who know and have witnessed say otherwise. My pick is Hayden Anderson, the carrot top kid with wicked speed and heights. Love his demeanours too.

Heard from multiple people Ochoa had solid camp.

The FUTURE players

This sound like our very best QB after this year. I am sad that it is NOT Friel. But this kid looks legit. I agree with what the confidential board have said. Of course, they have seen him more than any of us outside the state. More info will be brought up as people who know and have witnessed say otherwise. My pick is Hayden Anderson, the carrot top kid with wicked speed and heights. Love his demeanours too.

SI’s Pat Forde on College Football Playoffs after week 1

Our schedule will be good, not great. 3 middle to lower power schools if you count Oregon state. A MW that is getting strong at the top, and maybe a tiny bit better at the bottom, but weaker in the middle.

We would have to go undefeated which is very unlikely AND there needs to be a lot of parity in the power conferences. I don't think an undefeated UNLV team will rank higher than a 2 loss SEC team or BIG 10 team this year. Probably same with the Big 12, maybe the ACC.

I do think we are in great shape for that G5 spot. We pretty much control our destiny there. If we finish 11-2, or 10-3 ( with a MW crown) I think we are in. Regardless of JMU or Liberty, or any other G5 school's record.
I think going undefeated is highly unlikely but IF we did I am certain we would be top 10 just looking at some of those other teams that made it or almost did with much lesser schedules. I would feel a lot better with 2 losses if 3 then we have to get help most likely needing Boise to lose a few including to us.

CBS Sports: Group of Five Power Rankings: UNLV takes No. 1,

Accolades are WAY too early. We haven’t proved anything yet.

Having said that, crazy to see us ranked number 1 in anything other than a bottom 10 ranking. Cool to see.
We truly have not. But to see how this machine handles themselves is something to behold. If you looks at the measurements of the UH players vs UNLV players, UH is much superior. How was it display on the field at game time. UNLV could have cut them completely but did not. Sportsmanship by Coach O. Cannot wait to see how this team compete against KU.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT