ADVERTISEMENT

Will fans show up to the ISU game?

1rebelfan1

Conference POY
Dec 1, 2012
Honestly, I really don't care! Those of us who are die hard UNLV fans will be there and cheering on Sanchez's boys; win or lose. Would I like to see the stands covered in Scarlet and Gray? Of course I would but the fans here are pretty much bandwagon jumpers BUT this is not unique to our city.

Sunday after watching our Rebels give Michigan more than their fans expected on Saturday, I went to a Tigers game. The Tigers were playing the KC Royals, both teams are in a fight for the playoff and the place wasn't even half full. I had excellent seats down the third base line, right above the Tigers bullpen; perfect! This just goes to show you that even winning teams have trouble drawing crowds.

All I say is get on board now because the Sanchez express is about to shock the football world!

UNLV Go, Fight, Win!!

Reactions: depuppy3
The low attendance will be blamed on Sanchizes so called 'overhyping' and 3 losses when I reality it just happens to be a low interest and low intrigue FCS opponent game. I hope the crowd is decent. Student-athletes and coaching crew deserve a good reception for what will be the first win of the #theNewEra.

Hope this city understands that they provide support and dollars to the program by attending games. They are as much responsible for the success of the program as the administration. Sadly this fact isn't well known or understood.

Reactions: RebelBuzz
The Tigers were playing the KC Royals, both teams are in a fight for the playoff and the place wasn't even half full. I had excellent seats down the third base line, right above the Tigers bullpen; perfect! This just goes to show you that even winning teams have trouble drawing crowds.

!

The Tigers are 10 games below .500% and are in last place, which probably expalains the attendance. If they were in fact fighting for a playoff spot, which they arent I think the stadium would have been more full. Instead like fans of most MLB teams that are in last place, thier fans probably would rather be home on a Sunday watching the NFL rather than at a baseball game with no meaning as the season nears its end.

As far as attendance vs ISU, anytime most schools play a lower division school its a tough draw. We couldnt even sell out against a top 10 school 2 weeks ago so to expect anything more than probably 13,000 for this one will be wishful thinking. Im nervous for this game as it can easily be a let down game for a team coming off of the schedule they just played. I think the staff has a tough jb this week,

Last edited:
There is a lot going on that weekend with the Life is Beautiful festival and Fun Run Car show in downtown Henderson. Looks like I'm going stag because of the car show but I never miss a home football or basketball game. The loyal fans will come out the others will probably show up for the Boise State game.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Honestly, I really don't care! Those of us who are die hard UNLV fans will be there and cheering on Sanchez's boys; win or lose. Would I like to see the stands covered in Scarlet and Gray? Of course I would but the fans here are pretty much bandwagon jumpers BUT this is not unique to our city.

Sunday after watching our Rebels give Michigan more than their fans expected on Saturday, I went to a Tigers game. The Tigers were playing the KC Royals, both teams are in a fight for the playoff and the place wasn't even half full. I had excellent seats down the third base line, right above the Tigers bullpen; perfect! This just goes to show you that even winning teams have trouble drawing crowds.

All I say is get on board now because the Sanchez express is about to shock the football world!

UNLV Go, Fight, Win!!
Actually Tigers are way out of it. Plus there were Michigan, Michigan State and Lions games over the weekend so that might have effected the crowd.

I agree with wishing/hoping people would show up to the games.

If you buy single tickets online, there half off and as low as $10. I just bought 6 for $60 in U 120 Sec 9 which is near the student section.

Just bought 20 tickets for my Bootcamp clients for $17 each! 30 yard line 9th row, they better win!
It's sad that this isn't a "lock" for our football program, based on our history. However, I'm confident enough based on what I've seen in games 1-3 that we will win this game.

I would love it if the win is A LOT more convincing than our Northern Colorado win last year -- a 13-12 nail-biter. A win like that is a "win" in the record books only, and it certainly will not be evidence that things have started to turn for football here at UNLV.

My biggest question is the offense. The defense, in my mind, has proved that they can compete. If we can get the offense going like they did in the first game, we'll be in business. It's tough to compete with the size and speed of UCLA and Michigan, so hopefully our offense will get back on track.

I think the Key will be a fast start for the offense. Getting into a rhythm early and establishing a run game. After facing 3 pretty solid defensive fronts I think the O line will be able to create some more space this weekend for the RBs. This will help loosen things up for Decker in the Passing game.

I think the defense has shown well and will continue to improve. What will help the D is the offense moving the ball consistently so they can get the needed rest and not be on the field as much.

Last edited:
It's sad that this isn't a "lock" for our football program, based on our history. However, I'm confident enough based on what I've seen in games 1-3 that we will win this game.

I would love it if the win is A LOT more convincing than our Northern Colorado win last year -- a 13-12 nail-biter. A win like that is a "win" in the record books only, and it certainly will not be evidence that things have started to turn for football here at UNLV.
That was the only time that a team that I root for won a game and I was actually not happy.

Does anybody know how many tickets have been sold for this week? For the icla game I saw post where people updated tickets sold. When I asked that today when I bought my tickets at UNLV she said she isn't allowed to say??

I think they are doing everything they can do to boost the numbers, including 4 free tickets to season ticket holders for the game, because they are concerned that there is going to be a small crowd. It would have really helped if they could have found a way to win the NIU game. They need to have a blowout win to show Las Vegas that this team is a lot better and will be able to compete with the remainder of the schedule.

I will be there. My 2 seats will be occupied by a buddy and me and the 4 free tickets I got for being a season ticket holder will be used as well. Rebels by 3 touchdowns.

I was considering going. Will be too hot for me. Especially for Idaho State.
Why is start time 6pm? If it were a 7:30 start, might be different. Would still be hot, but no sun. I think 6 is an awkward start time period unless done for tv. Just my opinion.

There is a lot going on that weekend with the Life is Beautiful festival and Fun Run Car show in downtown Henderson. Looks like I'm going stag because of the car show but I never miss a home football or basketball game.

I'm sure you mean the Henderson Super Run Car Show & Barrett Jackson is Saturday as well.

I was considering going. Will be too hot for me. Especially for Idaho State.
Why is start time 6pm? If it were a 7:30 start, might be different. Would still be hot, but no sun. I think 6 is an awkward start time period unless done for tv. Just my opinion.
If the players can play in the heat, we should be able to cheer them on in the heat. Welcome to the desert. :)

Go Rebs if you sit on the west side of the field you will not be in the sun at all. The east side of the field should be out of the sun within 15-30 minutes at most. If you show up to the tailgates there will be a lot of tickets for free or almost nothing due to UNLV doing what it can to put them out there.

P.S. This game is extremely important to the team and most likely to be the smallest crowd of the year, with the assumption that they win enough games to increase the fan draw. They need the support, and have earned our support.

Thank you for the kind, informative responses to my post. The heat is hard on me. One reason being I'm on several different medications.
Knowing that there are shaded areas helps. As some of you know, it's my 4th season living here and never been to a game. Want to change that this year. The above posts help. Thank you again. I know it's an important game. If I do go I'll be going alone. I'll stop now.
GO REBELS!!!

Thank you for the kind, informative responses to my post. The heat is hard on me. One reason being I'm on several different medications.
Knowing that there are shaded areas helps. As some of you know, it's my 4th season living here and never been to a game. Want to change that this year. The above posts help. Thank you again. I know it's an important game. If I do go I'll be going alone. I'll stop now.
GO REBELS!!!
I'm going alone too. If you want someone to hang with, let me know. I love to people watch and cheer loud for the Rebels. I understand the heat can be rough, just remember to stay hydrated and it won't be so bad. I get so into the game, I forget about the heat.

GO REBELS!!!
And since you haven't been to a game, 2 more points.

1-You almost certainly don't have to sit in your assigned seat (if you have a ticket on the east/sun side).

2- All seats are bench seats (as opposed to individual seas) so if you sit in a seat that belongs to someone else, you can usually slide over a bit and everything is good.

I would guess that I f you try and sit anywhere other than middle of the field, within the first 10-15 rows, you shouldn't have any problems.

Thank you to both of you for the suggestions.
Rebel Chi-girl, thank you for the offer. Is there a way I can message you on this site? Not going to guarantee I'll go. I'm definitely considering it though. The heat is hard on me for a few reasons, the medication I take being one reason. Anyway, if you can message me I'd appreciate that. I used to go to every home game of Youngstown State, my alma mater, from 86-2002. Last college football game I attended was in 2008. So it's been awhile. I don't know how to send messages on this site. And I don't want to give out my email address or phone number in this post.

Rebel Chi-girl, thank you for the offer. Is there a way I can message you on this site? Not going to guarantee I'll go. I'm definitely considering it though. The heat is hard on me for a few reasons, the medication I take being one reason. Anyway, if you can message me I'd appreciate that. I used to go to every home game of Youngstown State, my alma mater, from 86-2002. Last college football game I attended was in 2008. So it's been awhile. I don't know how to send messages on this site. And I don't want to give out my email address or phone number in this post.
Just head to Lori's tailgate. Always tickets and nice people around. Except for the chef. He's an ass.

@rebels90

Reactions: reagan21
You can email me @ unlvrebelgrl@gmail.com and we can exchange cell numbers. I know the heat sucks but it is gonna be a good game the Rebels should win. I can fill you in on some of the game traditions ect....it will be fun.

It's going to be too hot for me. Sorry, just being honest. Even in the shade it will be close to or over 100 most of the game. I can't handle 3+ hours of that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT