ADVERTISEMENT

Bubble Watch

Rebel77fl2

Conference POY
Apr 15, 2016
First, I think it is unlikely to get an at-large but if we win three maybe. Here are some key games to watch and who to root for/against this weekend.

ACC:
UVA vs GT - root for GT, UVA currently last by Lunardi, 10 seed by Palm

Pitt vs NCST - root for NCST, both are out but Pitt is closer to the field than NCST

Wake vs Clemson - root for Clemson, a loss pretty much eliminates Wake from discussion.

Big 12:
Oklahoma vs Texas - root for Texas, OU is a 8/9/10 seed so a loss here and a loss early in the tournament could push them out. Texas is slightly ahead of OU seed wise but has much better NET numbers.

KSU vs ISU - root for ISU, KSU is out but a win at home against ISU and a deep run could push them in.

Big East:
Villanova vs Creighton - root for Creighton, boost our numbers and Villanova is right in the bubble.

Seton Hall vs DePaul - root for DePaul, Seton Hall helped itself with a win against Villanova last time out. This won’t help them much but a loss is devastating, currently lunardi has last four byes and palm has in play-in.

Providence vs UCONN - root for UCONN, Providence is a different case, some mock brackets have them in, Palm doesn’t even have them as a bubble team. Loss isn’t bad here but a win would be painful to all other bubble teams.

St Johns vs Georgetown - root for Georgetown. St. John’s has won four straight after Pitino’s outburst and is squarely on the bubble.

Big Ten:
Michigan State maybe but there NET is so high not sure even a loss to Indiana and a loss first round would keep them out.

Northwestern vs Minn - root for Minn, Northwestern is in at 8/9 see right now but has a small chance to play itself out.

Nebraska vs Mich. -root for Mich, pretty much same boat as NW, in but could play itself out.

Iowa vs Ill - root for Ill, Iowa on the bubble and needs to not play itself in.

PAC-12:
Colorado vs OSU - root for OSU, road loss to OSU would hurt CU’s chances and push them off the bubble.

Utah vs Oregon - root for Oregon, Oregon is farther from the field then Utah and probably will not be able to play it’s way in.

SEC:
Miss St. vs S.Car - root for S.Car, while this loss will not kill their chances a win probably makes them a lock.

Tex A&M vs Miss - root for Miss, I am not sure why A&M is not in over MSU as of now and even some mock brackets don’t even show them just out. They have a head to head if MSU, more quad 1 wins and less bad losses. I don’t think Miss can play it’s way in.

American:
USF vs Tulsa - USF is UNLV without the quad 1 wins, but a conference title. A loss would be nice.

FAU vs Memphis - root for Memphis, currently projected as a 8/9 seed but there NET wins/losses are comparable to UNLV but they have a high NET. I think they are in due to last year but I think they could drop with two losses. Memphis cloud play it’s way in, but would rather see FAU lose this game.

Ivy:
Princeton vs Penn - I don’t think Princeton gets an at large with no games against quad 1 teams and a 3-3 record against quad 2 but a loss would still be helpful.

Conference Tournaments:

Lose/Early or Win Teams:
James Madison (Sun Belt)
McNeese St (Southland)
Indiana St (MVC)

results today so far:
Wake beat Clemson, bad
Texas beat OU, good
KSU beat ISU, bad
Creighton beat Villanova, good
St. John’s beat Georgetown, bad
S.Carolina beat Miss ST, good
A&M beat Miss, bad
fAU beat Memphis, neutral
Tulsa beat USF, good
Colorado beat Oregon St, bad
Drake and Indiana St made the MWC final, both are bubble, Indiana St more likely to get at large so really need them to win tomorrow.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
results today so far:
Wake beat Clemson, bad
Texas beat OU, good
KSU beat ISU, bad
Creighton beat Villanova, good
St. John’s beat Georgetown, bad
S.Carolina beat Miss ST, good
A&M beat Miss, bad
fAU beat Memphis, neutral
Tulsa beat USF, good
Colorado beat Oregon St, bad
Drake and Indiana St made the MWC final, both are bubble, Indiana St more likely to get at large so really need them to win tomorrow.
Drake and Indians State joined the MWC and are in the final? 😁

Dang, brown of usu hits another monster shot to win. He has bailed them out in at least 3 Gamez I can think of off the top of my head

First, I think it is unlikely to get an at-large but if we win three maybe. Here are some key games to watch and who to root for/against this weekend.

ACC:
UVA vs GT - root for GT, UVA currently last by Lunardi, 10 seed by Palm

Pitt vs NCST - root for NCST, both are out but Pitt is closer to the field than NCST

Wake vs Clemson - root for Clemson, a loss pretty much eliminates Wake from discussion.

Big 12:
Oklahoma vs Texas - root for Texas, OU is a 8/9/10 seed so a loss here and a loss early in the tournament could push them out. Texas is slightly ahead of OU seed wise but has much better NET numbers.

KSU vs ISU - root for ISU, KSU is out but a win at home against ISU and a deep run could push them in.

Big East:
Villanova vs Creighton - root for Creighton, boost our numbers and Villanova is right in the bubble.

Seton Hall vs DePaul - root for DePaul, Seton Hall helped itself with a win against Villanova last time out. This won’t help them much but a loss is devastating, currently lunardi has last four byes and palm has in play-in.

Providence vs UCONN - root for UCONN, Providence is a different case, some mock brackets have them in, Palm doesn’t even have them as a bubble team. Loss isn’t bad here but a win would be painful to all other bubble teams.

St Johns vs Georgetown - root for Georgetown. St. John’s has won four straight after Pitino’s outburst and is squarely on the bubble.

Big Ten:
Michigan State maybe but there NET is so high not sure even a loss to Indiana and a loss first round would keep them out.

Northwestern vs Minn - root for Minn, Northwestern is in at 8/9 see right now but has a small chance to play itself out.

Nebraska vs Mich. -root for Mich, pretty much same boat as NW, in but could play itself out.

Iowa vs Ill - root for Ill, Iowa on the bubble and needs to not play itself in.

PAC-12:
Colorado vs OSU - root for OSU, road loss to OSU would hurt CU’s chances and push them off the bubble.

Utah vs Oregon - root for Oregon, Oregon is farther from the field then Utah and probably will not be able to play it’s way in.

SEC:
Miss St. vs S.Car - root for S.Car, while this loss will not kill their chances a win probably makes them a lock.

Tex A&M vs Miss - root for Miss, I am not sure why A&M is not in over MSU as of now and even some mock brackets don’t even show them just out. They have a head to head if MSU, more quad 1 wins and less bad losses. I don’t think Miss can play it’s way in.

American:
USF vs Tulsa - USF is UNLV without the quad 1 wins, but a conference title. A loss would be nice.

FAU vs Memphis - root for Memphis, currently projected as a 8/9 seed but there NET wins/losses are comparable to UNLV but they have a high NET. I think they are in due to last year but I think they could drop with two losses. Memphis cloud play it’s way in, but would rather see FAU lose this game.

Ivy:
Princeton vs Penn - I don’t think Princeton gets an at large with no games against quad 1 teams and a 3-3 record against quad 2 but a loss would still be helpful.

Conference Tournaments:

Lose/Early or Win Teams:
James Madison (Sun Belt)
McNeese St (Southland)
Indiana St (MVC)
Wow ?!?! did you type all that and do all that research on the slight chance that maybe just maybe a snowballs chance in hell..........

A strong grasp on reality would've saved you a lot of time and effort

We are going to have to start calling you "Dreamer".

I hope you type really fast ...LOL

Wow ?!?! did you type all that and do all that research on the slight chance that maybe just maybe a snowballs chance in hell..........

Or, maybe he’s just a fan of college basketball and he follows it all? And it came easily because it’s something he likes to do?

It’s not uncommon. I make a similar list of teams to watch for betting and brackets.

Some of us watch a lot of games over the season to get a gauge on who would be good enough to bust up some brackets, or throw down money in the early rounds on some double digit seed. I will not rely on the talking heads that never watch Monmouth or Florida Gulf Coast U.

Rick Pitinos team is looking like a team firing on all cylinders at the right time and FAU looks primed for another run. Of course it all depends on seedings. I think there may be a fair amount of upsets in this tournament.

It’s not uncommon. I make a similar list of teams to watch for betting and brackets.

Some of us watch a lot of games over the season to get a gauge on who would be good enough to bust up some brackets, or throw down money in the early rounds on some double digit seed. I will not rely on the talking heads that never watch Monmouth or Florida Gulf Coast U.

Rick Pitinos team is looking like a team firing on all cylinders at the right time and FAU looks primed for another run. Of course it all depends on seedings. I think there may be a fair amount of upsets in this tournament.
I get it, completely.

Back when UNLV was great, I could have named every top 8 player per team in the PCAA/BWC. I could do the same for top 25 teams.

Even 20 years ago. Even 15 years ago. Way more intimate with any path UNLV may encounter.

Things change as you get older sometimes, responsibilities and such, something has to give, for me it was a lot of that more detailed sports stuff, across the board. Not just UNLV. Everything sports dominated my time.

But I was there in the same spot that the OP and yourself has made, so I understand where these posts are coming from.

Reactions: rebelzzz
Not that it matters, OU lost today. Thats good news..

But, We might not have Boone for the tournament and well... Jones/Cottrell have a combined 14 points in conference play.. Yes, thats all of conference play. Were not winning the tournament or beating SDSU

Winning the tournament was our only shot based on the results of the last two days even without the UNM win. One thing I will say, to see how MOV matters our result resume is very similar to FAU but our NET is much worse. I do feel one issue with NET/Kenpom and other efficiency based measures is they overrate teams with extreme offensive efficiency and/or defensive efficiency compared to the other (see FAU and Alabama). I would need to dig into it more but the ranking is based on the spread between the two. Alabamas(2 and 110) spread is 22.5 and ranked 13th in kenpom. Do we really think Alabama is 13th best team or 9th based on NET? I also think this happens the other way, see Rutgers and Virginia, they just are so bad offensively they are still low but probably higher than they should be.

Reactions: WarthogRebel
Not that it matters, OU lost today. Thats good news..

But, We might not have Boone for the tournament and well... Jones/Cottrell have a combined 14 points in conference play.. Yes, thats all of conference play. Were not winning the tournament or beating SDSU
Yikes. I realize neither plays much …. But given we have no size and injuries and that they’re still not playing much … says a lot. But 14 points between two bigs over 18/19 games is beyond pathetic. We’ve had several players go over that number in just a single game. It’s seriously pathetic.

Yikes. I realize neither plays much …. But given we have no size and injuries and that they’re still not playing much … says a lot. But 14 points between two bigs over 18/19 games is beyond pathetic. We’ve had several players go over that number in just a single game. It’s seriously pathetic.
Yeah, I knew our bench was inefficient but then I started looking game by game and its awful. It's part of the reason we blow leads. If one of our starters sits for a minute or 2, the bench doesn't score, rebound, or defend. Our bench guards aren't really any better, and what's worse, 5 of those 15 came in the last game vs SDSU which meant Jones/Cottrell combined for 9 points across 18 games... .5ppg complete useless roster spots

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT