ADVERTISEMENT

I thought we need to play our best game of the season to win.

j. spilotro

Publisher
Staff
May 29, 2001
Las Vegas
unlv.rivals.com
And we didn’t. Far from it.

But that’s credit to the team for resolve. That’s credit to the coaching staff for whatever they served up at the half.

This team may not be great, I really don’t think they are, but he took what was a large group of defeated players, added some of his own … and this team has some fkn guts. Serious balls.

Like I said, not the greatest, but they maintain focus, they don’t lose it, win or lose. They keep their eyes on the goal.

That’s a HUGE testament to the coaching and instilled philosophies. They turned perennial losers into winners and confident winners. Do you know how difficult that is? Screw slow growth, just get a hungry guy with vision.

I’m so ecstatic right now. I knew they could come back, but wasn’t feeling it because of the way AFA dominated the lines. But I’ll be damned if they didn’t bounce back forcefully. And Doug re-entered for a big play. It’s all hands on deck! I absolutely friggin LOVE IT!

Everyone contributes. Even when the breaks go against us (officiating was AWFUL! And I rarely complain against the stripes).

Short memories. Move onto the next play. Don’t get too up. Don’t get to down. Steady wins. But up when you have to.

This team has given us a lot of joy. I couldn’t be happier right now!

Overall I love the way this UNLV football team plays - They are fun to Watch - That was a big win on the Road against a damn good team (definitely a little home cooking there too)

We were the better team - the football team has that Moxy and fire i wish the bball team would adapt. Its a reflection of the head coach - the guy in charge - Odom is intense / with passion

But that’s credit to the team for resolve. That’s credit to the coaching staff for whatever they served up at the half.

This team may not be great, I really don’t think they are, but he took what was a large group of defeated players, added some of his own … and this team has some fkn guts. Serious balls.

Like I said, not the greatest, but they maintain focus, they don’t lose it, win or lose. They keep their eyes on the goal.

That’s a HUGE testament to the coaching and instilled philosophies. They turned perennial losers into winners and confident winners. Do you know how difficult that is? Screw slow growth, just get a hungry guy with vision.

I’m so ecstatic right now. I knew they could come back, but wasn’t feeling it because of the way AFA dominated the lines. But I’ll be damned if they didn’t bounce back forcefully. And Doug re-entered for a big play. It’s all hands on deck! I absolutely friggin LOVE IT!

Everyone contributes. Even when the breaks go against us (officiating was AWFUL! And I rarely complain against the stripes).

Short memories. Move onto the next play. Don’t get too up. Don’t get to down. Steady wins. But up when you have to.

Agree. Still not sure how good we really are in the big picture of CFB. But hey when the punter is completing passes into triple coverage...maybe it's just our year for things to finally break our way.

Agree. Still not sure how good we really are in the big picture of CFB. But hey when the punter is completing passes into triple coverage...maybe it's just our year for things to finally break our way.
That should have never been completed. We did get lucky. It lead to a Pizano three which forced AFA to need a TD. It was a big play, we are lucky it worked.

In my write up I stated if the time and situation was right; they’d run a fake. I knew it was coming at some point. This staff pays attention to special teams and I knew they had it in their back pocket for the right situation. Never really came into play vs FSU ..or they’d have used it then.

That was the best game I have ever seen a Rebels team played. With all the Refs bs and I dont know how the boys managed to win this game? But they did. I wish it was a larger margins of victory. Man, I was watching minutes by minutes of the game....that was intense. The Refs really was going all out against UNLV. And the boys still won.
I ****ing cried, I was so happy...thank you boys!

Vs last three opponents UNLV has surrendered 7 second half points.

Total..

That's 100% a coaching staff dialing it up at halftime.

Cheating MOFO AFA team. That f*cking bitch was cheating in every direction possible. UNVL still won the game. This Air Force fu*ckig team is a cheating mother*ker. They are dirty as f*ck.

Next year is going to worse. The game will be in Vegas.

Wyoming and Air Force both had 0 second half points, the coaching adjustments from this staff are out of this world.

What a great play!

I dont know what the hell that mean but UNLV should have crushed AFA ....I dunno what is going on?
That means, instead of getting +3 points against AF.
I bet UNLV, to win the game outright.
I got +130 to win 130 dollars. So, I bet 100 to win 130.

Yes, very fortunate for UNLV to win the game.

We have had more talented teams; but we’ve never had a team click this well. Credit to all the guys not allowing a bad quarter from bringing them down.

Those half time adjustments have never been so impactful. Only once this season has the team come out at the half flat; and I m happy it wasn’t tonight.

Has anyone done this math? I'm trying to figure out who to root for in the other Mountain West games. I assume we want Fresno to go down? But what about SDSU versus SJSU?

Has anyone done this math? I'm trying to figure out who to root for in the other Mountain West games. I assume we want Fresno to go down? But what about SDSU versus SJSU?
I guess it depends on who we want the Rebels to face. Would one want to face a team we thought we could beat (Fresno) or a team that thought they could have beat us (AFA)?

Reactions: UNLVbro
WE are 9-1 against the spread i think!!
10-1 against the spread. UNLV is sitting all alone in the nation with 9-1 against the spread and now that they are 10-1 against the spread they have just put more distance between them and every other team in the country!

Reactions: 220reb
Not gonna happen now... Fresno dropping a bad loss here
That leaves BSU, SJSU and Air Force. Air Force plays BSU next week. If UNLV wins next week then the winner between BSU and Air Force plays UNLV at Allegiant. Not sure what would happen if UNLV doesn't win, but I think UNLV is going to finish the home season with a perfect record!

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
That leaves BSU, SJSU and Air Force. Air Force plays BSU next week. If UNLV wins next week then the winner between BSU and Air Force plays UNLV at Allegiant. Not sure what would happen if UNLV doesn't win, but I think UNLV is going to finish the home season with a perfect record!
Then we go to the computer rankings. We need to win next week

That should have never been completed. We did get lucky. It lead to a Pizano three which forced AFA to need a TD. It was a big play, we are lucky it worked.

In my write up I stated if the time and situation was right; they’d run a fake. I knew it was coming at some point. This staff pays attention to special teams and I knew they had it in their back pocket for the right situation. Never really came into play vs FSU ..or they’d have used it then.
Who caught that pass??

This team is mot losing at home on Senior Night to SJSU... we just beat Wyoming by shutting them down in 2nd half, we beat Air Force by shutting them down. We will do same vs SJSU..

Yeah well FSU screwed the proverbial pooch tonight vs UNM.

Not sure how they get in now. Need Boise to win (AF loss) and SJSU to beat us I think.
Arghh that one quarter of mindless football at Fresno is the difference of UNLV being undefeated in MWC and having already secured home field for the championship. I so wanted a rematch with them.

This game is for all the marbles!

All I want to see is us prepared and coordinators who aren’t scared to let it all hang out come next sat afternoon!

Ps.. Kevin should be in attendance at practices this week to learn the meaning of not going through the freaking motions in practice!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT