ADVERTISEMENT

Will fans show up to the ISU game?

It is a little sad that it is going to be so hot on a week that we need ever fan we can get to the game. I have lived here for ever, so will be at the game and will have fun win or win (this is a game that Sanchez knows is a must win game and he will be ready for this game from the first down).

By the next game the weather will be a lot cooler and it will be a great time to come out to the game. The sad thing is that with all of the LIB tickets the freshmen class received, there may be a lot less students at the game also.

So, if you are reading this site, and thinking about coming to the game with or without a ticket, show up and tickets will be found!

Anything over 100 degrees and well, I don't want to bake in the shade..

Plus heavyweight boxing match on TV.

Sorry guys

Honestly, I really don't care! Those of us who are die hard UNLV fans will be there and cheering on Sanchez's boys; win or lose. Would I like to see the stands covered in Scarlet and Gray? Of course I would but the fans here are pretty much bandwagon jumpers BUT this is not unique to our city.

Sunday after watching our Rebels give Michigan more than their fans expected on Saturday, I went to a Tigers game. The Tigers were playing the KC Royals, both teams are in a fight for the playoff and the place wasn't even half full. I had excellent seats down the third base line, right above the Tigers bullpen; perfect! This just goes to show you that even winning teams have trouble drawing crowds.

All I say is get on board now because the Sanchez express is about to shock the football world!

UNLV Go, Fight, Win!!

Prophetic post. Well done

The overall crowd was actually better than I thought it would be, except in one spot. The student section. If there were 200 kids there I would be shocked. Pathetic.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
The overall crowd was actually better than I thought it would be, except in one spot. The student section. If there were 200 kids there I would be shocked. Pathetic.
Absolute and utter disgrace showing by UNLV students. I don't think that students should be given their season basketball tickets unless they attend at least 3 home football games.

I graduated last year, and speaking for those of us who lived on or near campus (and don't drive) getting to games just isn't that easy. Now, I was more than willing to take the bus from campus and back, then again, sports are a huge part of my life, not so for others.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I graduated last year, and speaking for those of us who lived on or near campus (and don't drive) getting to games just isn't that easy. Now, I was more than willing to take the bus from campus and back, then again, sports are a huge part of my life, not so for others.

Situations like yours are understandable. But for a school of around 30k students, last nights turnout was pathetic.

Situations like yours are understandable. But for a school of around 30k students, last nights turnout was pathetic.
It is pathetic, but I wouldn't call UNLV 30K students. Technically, yes, but it's a very non-traditional student body in terms of age. If everyone was frat age, they I'd agree wholeheartedly, but it is pathetic regardless.

I wonder what the demographic breakdown is at UNLV.

It is pathetic, but I wouldn't call UNLV 30K students. Technically, yes, but it's a very non-traditional student body in terms of age. If everyone was frat age, they I'd agree wholeheartedly, but it is pathetic regardless.

I wonder what the demographic breakdown is at UNLV.
You are right, the makeup of UNLV's student body is not as traditional as other schools. So the 30k student number is high. But that would have been sad attendance for a school of 15k.
Also where the hell is the Rebellion?

Reactions: bcvegaspt
The Rebellion is more than willing to ask for donations when they want to be on TV. For the games that aren't as high profile they're ghosts.

I would donate if they were consistent in their support of the teams. The problem is for the Wednesday night games against the Fresnos of our conference at the T&M where the opposing fans can sneak into their seats. Students shouldn't be fair weather. This is YOUR school.

Reactions: RebelinWA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT