ADVERTISEMENT

From Andy McDonald to Seneca McKie..the name will live in infamy in my head forever!!

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001
I am just freakin’ stunned.

We were supposed to comeback and win that game.

I was wearing my Rebel robe at the bar and I took it off at halftime annd went to the bathroom and the Rebels went to shit. most of the 3 fans that tuned in at the bar left at the 4th I put it back on in the 4th quarter and we made a comeback.

UNLV football..it just wasn’t meant to be.

I was wearing my Rebel robe at the bar and I took it off at halftime annd went to the bathroom and the Rebels went to shit. most of the 3 fans that tuned in at the bar left at the 4th I put it back on in the 4th quarter and we made a comeback.

You forgot Damon Williams.

Reactions: RebelScrub

Remember, November 5 is the contest deadline.

• Love
I don’t remember Damon Williams. What did he do?

Andy McDonald was the punter that f’d up the Arkansas game..
UNLV had a shot at USC (under Robinson). It was Robinson’s 100th win in college, I believe.

He was wide open, dropped a Denton TD pass that would have either tied it or brought the Rebels within a score. And I think it happened in latter stages of the 4th. But man, it was 25 years ago … could be wrong on the details.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
UNLV had a shot at USC (under Robinson). It was Robinson’s 100th win in college, I believe.

He was wide open, dropped a Denton TD pass that would have either tied it or brought the Rebels within a score. And I think it happened in latter stages of the 4th. But man, it was 25 years ago … could be wrong on the details.
IMG_2761.png
I was a bit off. It was worse than I thought.

• Sad
McKie will be the play that everyone talks about and remembers based on when it happened. The biggest miscue (and turning point in the game) was the muffed punt though (and to me it’s not even close). DeJesus got caught in no man’s land and it cost them. If he doesn’t touch the ball, UNLV would have won going away in my opinion. Fresno had very little life until that happened. Gave them the spark they needed.

yo, I was in the bathroom when it happened!! I didn’t see the play!!

McKie has to catch that pass, even with his questionable hands he probably grabs that pass 95 times out of 100. I also think that if it's Ricky White or DeJesus there they draw the safety double and it's not that open. It was a great scheme and poor execution.

But blaming that loss on him is just classic recency bias. DeJesus who hasn't made a single mistake closing to a punt he has no chance to catch to give Fresno a free redzone trip AND a huge momentum swing was brutal. Maiava having 3 weeks to throw and trying to squeeze it into a tight spot in a zone with the receiver running into more coverage is a brutal freshman mistake. Jet Thomas putting the ball on the ground trying to fight for an extra few yards and giving FSU another short field (and Fox Sports not having more than 3 cameras for the game so you couldn't possibly get a clear enough view to overturn) both ended up costing us exactly the same amount of points that McKie's drop did.

You can't play your worst quarter of football on the road against the 2nd best team you've played all year and expect to win many games. 24 points in the 3rd quarter. But that's something that can happen very easily on the road--I think this loss will make us better.

Well if a man disrobed at a bar and was naked you would leave too..Unless of course you were that man. Which you were.

Did you see that Metro cop who had his squad truck stolen by a naked man? That dude should just retire. He will NEVER live that down

Let's be honest would you want to wrestle with a naked dude?

'I need back up! I'm not sure what I'm grabbing here'

Isn't something I want going over the comms either..

Reactions: LVRebel2000

In the Bible a woman is not allowed to grab a man’s private parts during a dispute.

• Haha
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Utes reminder is worth$10K, Scrub....take that seriously
Dude, I’m trying to find an old post where I filmed myself watching the game on a small computer with a TV tray..I can’t find it.

Cop: "Suspect is dancing naked through the streets."
Dispatch: "Copy that."
Cop: "I'll try but I'm not much of a dancer."

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT