ADVERTISEMENT

SDSU game

rebswin2

Rebel Legend
Apr 5, 2004
San Diego, CA UNLV'94
Just saw in the SD newspaper that UNLV hosts SDSU today at 1pm.

I’ll be curious to hear the attendance. Tough time to play, New Years Eve mid day, at same time as a playoff game. Not ideal, but I guess it happens every year.

Similarly but not the same, Last night a good UCLA BB team struggled in Pullman 8pm tip, but did win. Only 3k fans while the Wassu students are home for winter break, probably national media all over Pullman after the arrest of one of their students accused in the University of Idaho murders.

It’s lightsaber night..how do you get one of those?

Just saw in the SD newspaper that UNLV hosts SDSU today at 1pm.

I’ll be curious to hear the attendance. Tough time to play, New Years Eve mid day, at same time as a playoff game. Not ideal, but I guess it happens every year.

Similarly but not the same, Last night a good UCLA BB team struggled in Pullman 8pm tip, but did win. Only 3k fans while the Wassu students are home for winter break, probably national media all over Pullman after the arrest of one of their students accused in the University of Idaho murders.
Guys..I’m sitting behind the sdsu bench..and I’m talking to Butler’s girlfriend!!

Good game -looks like fun ... Aztecs are seemingly 1 level better than the Rebels - two good teams battling - UNLV going into the half down double digits -- Rodriguez almost made sportscenter POD with that putback...

Reactions: RRebel
We have been so figured out. Run something to get our 1 big guy to be guarding a guy on the perimeter. Shoot something and other team gets to offensive rebound vs our midgets. Rinse. Repeat.

We either cannot switch with our big guy or play 2 big guys at once. Not sure we can play 2 big guys at once as we only have 2 big guys that have seen much action this year.

Shut up, white gardensnake.The only thing embarrassing is that we have nobody that plays down low in the post and has post up game..none, NoBODY.

This looks like a complete collapse looming on our part, we have been found out for sure! And just 3 weeks ago, prior to the USF game I was really eager to see us in conference play. Now not so much, Kevin had better figure things out because we have already seen the new AD pull the trigger on a coach who thought he was safe with incremental improvements! We don’t have time for a slow build in either sport, hoops or on the gridiron!

This looks like a complete collapse looming on our part, we have been found out for sure! And just 3 weeks ago, prior to the USF game I was really eager to see us in conference play. Now not so much, Kevin had better figure things out because we have already seen the new AD pull the trigger on a coach who thought he was safe with incremental improvements! We don’t have time for a slow build in either sport, hoops or on the gridiron!
I could not agree more. I am very disappointed with this team at this point. Turned the game off before half time. I have better things to do with my time like clean the patio and pool....

Reactions: rebel5280
I realize vs a big physical team coach is scared to play Jackie J. But when you shoot so poorly as a team, don't you need to try to get an offensive spark?

This weave with Harkless or Gilbert going 1 on 3 everytime is not working. And what is with Gilbert? He has been MIA lately.

I will say the Rebels played hard. Give the team and coaches credit for that.

When we was down by like 17..I looked over at the Calipari thread. Shook my head and just ate the rest of my 10 dollar Oreo and butterfinger blizzard. Freakin kicked it on the ground. I feel like crap cause some poor T&M worker gotta clean up my ish..

Last edited:
Unlv 14 defensive rebounds, sd st 14 offensive rebounds. So sd st reboundered their miss half the time. All our good defense goes out the window if you give up that much on the boards.

Can K Hall or Jones play and get some boards? We need another board man.

From can't close out to get blown out at home. This is a shame. A decent crowd at the USF and Southern Mississippi game. You just not going to fill seats up with this product. Same thing every year. Wait till next year. Be pushing up daisies at this rate..

“Hi, I’m Erick Harper and I’m on my way to Lexington Kentucky on the private jet to meet with John Calipari”

Reactions: TheMatrix31
Gilbert had 1 point, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, and 6 turnovers.

That last number is obviously brutal from your starting PG. While many don’t like McCabe much, he was better with the ball since he had zero turnovers.

I’m not pushing for McCabe to start over Gilbert, just that Gilbert let the early success get to his head and isn’t as focused now (this is my guess and not something someone told me).

Gilbert had 1 point, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, and 6 turnovers.

That last number is obviously brutal from your starting PG. While many don’t like McCabe much, he was better with the ball since he had zero turnovers.

I’m not pushing for McCabe to start over Gilbert, just that Gilbert let the early success get to his head and isn’t as focused now (this is my guess and not something someone told me).
He sucks. It’s nice to have someone like Bryce Hamilton to have pressure off of.

I actually like McGabe but he’s the only guy that Will try to penetrate and dish. He at least knows how to run a pick n roll. When u got a guy like Hands of Stone Muoka…it’s not your fault.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT