ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV vs UCLA

Staton is the best QB in the nation but he need some advice.

That kick return tells me that UNLV hasn't quit quite yet. This game has given me hope for the rest of the season. Lessons hopefully learned. UCLA might be the dirtiest team we'll play outside of the Cannon game.

There are only 2 MWC teams I see at this point UNLV would Lose to. Boise St and SDSU. All the others look terribly inferior to past years.

Bull, his brother and the rest of the bunch were a blast. Great Rebel fans to say the least, good people too. Thanks guys.

dpe7b9.jpg

UCLA was clearly the more talented team. The only way UNLV was going to win was to score on every ball possession practically and sneak up on the opposition and steal the game. You want to beat a pac 12 team bottom line you have to recruit like them or hope for a miracle outcome.

First off UNLV has to get out of the MWC

I would put UNLV's talent up against that of UCLA any day. The big difference is that we have a lot of young players and we don't have the depth that UCLA has. We also don't have a ref that makes a call that decides the game.

UNLV will continue to get better and by next year I believe UNLV will routinely start to beat teams like UCLA, SDSU, BSU, etc....

Reactions: mvvsmith
I would put UNLV's talent up against that of UCLA any day. The big difference is that we have a lot of young players and we don't have the depth that UCLA has. We also don't have a ref that makes a call that decides the game.

UNLV will continue to get better and by next year I believe UNLV will routinely start to beat teams like UCLA, SDSU, BSU, etc....
Depth is always going to be a key difference between P5 and non-P5. And I thought that would show more in this game. But UNLV didn't wilt in the second half like we saw last season. Not nearly as much. Today's "wilting" had as much to do/more to do with a huge break going against them and taking the wind out of the sails. That's a huge positive, IMO.

Depth is not always a difference. At the highest level teams, maybe, but anything below the top 2-3 in each conference, not so true. SDSU showed that they are superior to Cal (score was closer than the game) and have won against several other pac12 schools, and BSU routinely beats teams from in the middle of the Pac12. SDSU has been moving up the recruiting list, and BSU is routinely in front of many of the P5 schools in recruiting.

Now the the UCLA games is finished, they have a huge chance to make a name for themselves with a lot of 3* and even some 4* recruits by going into CMU and coming away with a win next week. I think if they can find a way to beat CMU, along with how they played verse UCLA, we could see a huge crowd when they return in two weeks verse Idaho.

Last edited:

We are not really close to UCLA in terms of talent.

Offensive side of the ball I would agree the gap is closing. Defensively we are still pretty far behind. Not enough dynamic guys especially on defensive line.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT