ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck out, Odom in the mix for UCLA job.

Rosegreen1

All American
Dec 2, 2023
I don’t see it but man, if they offer 7-8 million to Odom and a deep assistant pool. Going to be TOUGH to turn down.

This reminds me of the Kruger situation when Oklahoma offered, and LK turned them down. Then Oklahoma made an offer he couldn’t refused.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
If Odom leaves for UCLA we more than likely lose the majority of the recruiting class. Don't care who you bring in as the next coach it would have to be an immediate hire, even a week to do so would be to long, and he would have to try and re-recruit these kids. This late in the game and no one is bringing in difference makers. We would be bottom of the MWC.
I wouldn't blame Odom but it would suck. He would make 3-4 times more, have way more money to bring in top assistants, and a large nil pool. How do you turn that down?

If Odom leaves for UCLA we more than likely lose the majority of the recruiting class. Don't care who you bring in as the next coach it would have to be an immediate hire, even a week to do so would be to long, and he would have to try and re-recruit these kids. This late in the game and no one is bringing in difference makers. We would be bottom of the MWC.
I wouldn't blame Odom but it would suck. He would make 3-4 times more, have way more money to bring in top assistants, and a large nil pool. How do you turn that down?
Who do you think is included in the "majority" of the recruiting class that we would lose? I cant think of 1 recruit who came here solely because of Odom and would leave if he left? Just my opinion though.

But I agree that it would be very hard for him to turn that job down. Even though UCLA sucks right now, thats a tough place to turn down.

Again, I pose the question... why would you leave a program you're establishing with a great class coming in for a program that's going to get beat down in Big 10 play over and over again, this late into cycle past the primary recruiting dates, transfer portal pretty picked through, etc... if you really want to jump back to a P5 job, you're going to get better positioned offers next year that will probably be in a similar financial offer... anyone listing Odom as a candidate is just listing names

Again, I pose the question... why would you leave a program you're establishing with a great class coming in for a program that's going to get beat down in Big 10 play over and over again, this late into cycle past the primary recruiting dates, transfer portal pretty picked through, etc... if you really want to jump back to a P5 job, you're going to get better positioned offers next year that will probably be in a similar financial offer... anyone listing Odom as a candidate is just listing names
Agreed!

It could happen, nobody knows one way or the other but this makes more sense if your Odom. UCLA is not the only team going to it handed to them in the new B10. All the PAC 12 UW, USC and yes even the Ducks will be getting beat up too!

Agreed!

It could happen, nobody knows one way or the other but this makes more sense if your Odom. UCLA is not the only team going to it handed to them in the new B10. All the PAC 12 UW, USC and yes even the Ducks will be getting beat up too!
Oregon wil be one of the best teams in the BIG next year.

I heard that UCLA athletics is in bad shape financially. FWIW.

Reactions: RebelScrub
Oregon wil be one of the best teams in the BIG next year.
I know you like them but their defense is always questionable and it shows up in big games against teams like they will face at the top of the B10. They couldn’t beat UW once? They will be all offense and little to no defense!

I know you like them but their defense is always questionable and it shows up in big games against teams like they will face at the top of the B10. They couldn’t beat UW once? They will be all offense and little to no defense!
Lost to UW twice by a total of 6 points UW was good. Oregon had a really good D last season and have a defensive head coach. It will only look better against the horrible offenses in the BIG

Oregon went to Columbus a couple of seasons and was in control the entire game before winning by 7.

As long as Dan Lanning is there they are in great shape. They’ve got the 3rd ranked 2024 recruiting class and arid well in the portal.

Last edited:
Lost to UW twice by a total of 6 points UW was good. Oregon had a really good D last season and have a defensive head coach. It will only look better against the horrible offenses in the BIG

Oregon went to Columbus a couple of seasons and was in control the entire game before winning by 7.

As long as Dan Lanning is there they are in great shape. They’ve got the 3rd ranked 2024 recruiting class and arid well in the portal.
Lanning wasn’t the coach?! And beating OSU a few years ago has nothing to do with next year, not to mention the Buckeyes aren’t the only team to be dealt with at the top of the B10!

Yes they lost to UW twice thanks for emphasizing what already said!

I will believe Oregon has defense when I see it and I ain’t seen it yet!

Lanning wasn’t the coach?! And beating OSU a few years ago has nothing to do with next year, not to mention the Buckeyes aren’t the only team to be dealt with at the top of the B10!

Yes they lost to UW twice thanks for emphasizing what already said!

I will believe Oregon has defense when I see it and I ain’t seen it yet!
9th in scoring defense nationally and 22nd in total defense last year. Not bad.

9th in scoring defense nationally and 22nd in total defense last year. Not bad.
Stats don’t tell it all!
We were a top 45 defense but were we really or was it who we played that had a lot to do with it?

Where was that tough defense against UW?

I'm not sure how close we are to losing Odom right now. But, should UNLV try to extend Odom now? Weird time to do so, but it would be nice having a little more insurance money in case he were poached.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT