ADVERTISEMENT

Pac 14/Pac West

That’s the standard of a preliminary injunction. Would there be irreparable harm if the court orders a party to do something. That’s why they were arguing that.
All parties are still members of the Pac12 until 8/24. The by-laws should govern in favor of all. If those by-laws are violated then you sue. Still the point remains that the injunction was to determine who was on the board. The Pac10 gave notice of leaving therefore they gave up their rights to remain on the board. They even said that to USC, UCLA, and Colorado. Their actions on those three schools helped determine their fate. It would be hypocrisy to say they should remain on the board after giving the boot to those three. They can argue whatever they want but the judge wasn't falling for it.

I’m not saying the judge would buy it, but the argument they were making is the only argument to make in a preliminary injunction.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Honestly it’s not the worst thing for Oregon State that he’s leaving. He was already under contract through 2029 and making almost $5 million a year. Nobody in the MWC can afford that kind of salary. I know the AD publicly said they wanted to work on an extension and a raise but that’s just BS talk for the fans. I bet the Athletic Department is secretly glad to get that # off the books. It will be interesting to see what they are willing to pay for the next coach. I bet it’s nowhere near that number.

Are we joining the pac 2 cause I’m sick of crappy MWC refs after watching the AFA game.

And no I wasn’t smashing but I’m just really pissed, I saw the grounding call..that was pulled back.

The championship game helps the bottom line and probably the bowl game? I know that bowl games sometimes are a net loss, but never quite understood the math on that
It’s a loss because you’re allotted seats to sell. If your fans don’t buy then the university has to

It’s a loss because you’re allotted seats to sell. If your fans don’t buy then the university has to
Does the school get a decent chunk of the TV money though? You would think they would. If we were to make the LA bowl, I would imagine it would come with a decent guaranteed TV money payout.

This deal includes 1.2 Million per MWC school.
Then this happened today:
I'm thinking this may delay any signed agreement for the alliance if they can't get unanimous consent especially if they are using Pac12 money which I would think they are.

"
The Washington Supreme Court issued a stay Tuesday in a lawsuit the two remaining Pac-12 schools filed against the conference, allowing the league to continue “business as usual” pending further review of the case.

The decision leaves in place a Sept. 11 temporary restraining order that enjoins the Pac-12 board of directors from taking any action without the unanimous consent of all board members, effectively maintaining the status quo within the board as currently constituted.
"

Then this happened today:
I'm thinking this may delay any signed agreement for the alliance if they can't get unanimous consent especially if they are using Pac12 money which I would think they are.

"
The Washington Supreme Court issued a stay Tuesday in a lawsuit the two remaining Pac-12 schools filed against the conference, allowing the league to continue “business as usual” pending further review of the case.

The decision leaves in place a Sept. 11 temporary restraining order that enjoins the Pac-12 board of directors from taking any action without the unanimous consent of all board members, effectively maintaining the status quo within the board as currently constituted.
"

Does anyone know what is going one with the PAC's previous media agreement? Will their home games continue to be with their current TV partners? Or will they be on the MW's partners?

If it still is covered by their former partners, it is very possible that is what is footing the bill for this.

Does anyone know what is going one with the PAC's previous media agreement? Will their home games continue to be with their current TV partners? Or will they be on the MW's partners?

If it still is covered by their former partners, it is very possible that is what is footing the bill for this.
Their previous media agreement is coming to an end. I've read they are seeking partners to cover their home games. I got the feeling they are trying to do the Hawaii thing with keeping money for their home games.

Oregon State and Washington State will regress to their mean sooner than later, unfortunately.

This speeds up that process.
iu

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT