ADVERTISEMENT

CFP and realignment

Loyal Coug1

Starter
Oct 8, 2023
Thought I'd share the thoughts I posted on my board. And good luck in the NIT. Looks like my Cougs may win one in the NCAA's. And recognizing the dumb rumor that the Pac-2 is going to offer to absorb 5 MW schools to be determined.

With the tourney finally here, the 10-keys should be able to start clicking. Here's the all-knowing analysis:
  • First off, after the tourney, we can assess our March madness 6-year distribution monies. If someone is at HQ that can count. And answer some questions - how does the Pac-2 preserve that payout between the 2 of us? Is maintaining the conference necessary (I assume yes). This may not be CFP money, but it is significant
  • Right behind, what is left in the P-2 coffers after sharing revenue/expense this year? 10 Million? 100 million? Don't give any (more) of it to anyone
  • The crappy deal the G5 is going to get in the CFP is better than the pittance that they have penciled in for WSU and OSU. OK, so how would the new Pac-12/14 distribution fit in? Gotta assume that we can be the top-ranked G5 conference after reverse merger and get that CFP berth. Don't fiddly-f around for too long. We are dead as a P5 conference. Deal with it
  • Reverse merger. Pac-2 schools keep all of their earned BB distributions. Mt West mergees keep all of theirs. We share proportionally in distributions earned in future seasons. Math should be easy. MW, with 6 teams in the tourney, will get a nice chunk of change to keep along with that from previous years
  • What about this WCC affair? Do we get a 6-year payout of next year's pro-rata tourney revenues? Fun conversation there
  • Who joins? IMHO, up to the MT West. Do they bring 10 or all 11/12 (Hawaii being the 12th oddball). We need at least 12 total. Leaves room for future additions
  • Quit wet dreaming about the ACC. F-the Big-12. They are already 2nd class citizens
  • Buckle our belts, use OUR money prudently, and move forward as a West Coast/Mountain conference. F flying cross country. F some hair-brained "pod" scenario

Thought I'd share the thoughts I posted on my board. And good luck in the NIT. Looks like my Cougs may win one in the NCAA's. And recognizing the dumb rumor that the Pac-2 is going to offer to absorb 5 MW schools to be determined.

With the tourney finally here, the 10-keys should be able to start clicking. Here's the all-knowing analysis:
  • First off, after the tourney, we can assess our March madness 6-year distribution monies. If someone is at HQ that can count. And answer some questions - how does the Pac-2 preserve that payout between the 2 of us? Is maintaining the conference necessary (I assume yes). This may not be CFP money, but it is significant
  • Right behind, what is left in the P-2 coffers after sharing revenue/expense this year? 10 Million? 100 million? Don't give any (more) of it to anyone
  • The crappy deal the G5 is going to get in the CFP is better than the pittance that they have penciled in for WSU and OSU. OK, so how would the new Pac-12/14 distribution fit in? Gotta assume that we can be the top-ranked G5 conference after reverse merger and get that CFP berth. Don't fiddly-f around for too long. We are dead as a P5 conference. Deal with it
  • Reverse merger. Pac-2 schools keep all of their earned BB distributions. Mt West mergees keep all of theirs. We share proportionally in distributions earned in future seasons. Math should be easy. MW, with 6 teams in the tourney, will get a nice chunk of change to keep along with that from previous years
  • What about this WCC affair? Do we get a 6-year payout of next year's pro-rata tourney revenues? Fun conversation there
  • Who joins? IMHO, up to the MT West. Do they bring 10 or all 11/12 (Hawaii being the 12th oddball). We need at least 12 total. Leaves room for future additions
  • Quit wet dreaming about the ACC. F-the Big-12. They are already 2nd class citizens
  • Buckle our belts, use OUR money prudently, and move forward as a West Coast/Mountain conference. F flying cross country. F some hair-brained "pod" scenario

Whatever path they choose get it done sooner vs later.

Reactions: ljurich

We have a better chance of getting into the Big 12 than you do.

You were left behind for a reason.

No hard feelings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT