ADVERTISEMENT

UTAH VS USC

I know Harper has said he wants someone with HC experience. I think it was a mistake in terms of PR.

Let's say UNLV has a list of 10 candidates all HCs.

Let's say they strike out for whatever reason. Get outbid, dream job suddenly opens up etc.

Now what?

So reason for USC/Utah thread, I think USC DC Alex Grinch should at least be on the radar based on his resume.

I hope Harper is able to get a guy with HC experience. Skeptical. Bot because of his ability but what we all know us the biggest issue. Money.

ED ORGERON???

Name gaining the most traction. Slam dunk hire for UNLV if they pulled it off.

Ed would kill it in this city. Who doesn't want to see that guy get introduced at next Knights game, wind the goal horn and break it!

Sure Ed as purely an X and O guy might be behind a guy like a Patterson or Peterson, but he can recruit, he could put a staff together I'm sure and makes UNLV a player in the portal.

It will also allow me to create the Ed Orgeron secret decoder ring for press conferences so people can understand what the hell he's saying.

Make this happen UNLV. Not just for football but so I can be rich off the royalties of the secret decoder ring..

Votes in both polls

UNLV is getting votes in both polls again. It's been a while since we've seen that. There is no love in the Bracketology though. How can both polls put a team anywhere from 30th to 40th in the country with no bracket love?

Perhaps that win yesterday will bump them up a little bit more, but it's only one win against a team that isn't all that impressive anymore, much like that Dayton win.

Anyway, so far Kevin seems to have taken after his dad. Hopefully he finds more success and stays a while. God knows this university has no patience with coaches. Ask football.

What I want as UNLV football coach

You guys can describe what your ideal characteristics and traits that you want in your coach.
What I want is a guy who blatantly honest, doesn't care what the social media say, work hard, relates well to the community, family man, care about the players, care about the school, care about education, and HATES LOSING. That is all I want. I thought we had that in Arroyo. FUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKK!!

Isaiah Cottrell?

After having an opportunity to watch this UNLV team we know they are gritty and play tough defense. But a third scorer will be needed. Based on what I have read IC was brought in to start at the 4. I anticipate Rodriguez will slide over to 3 and Parquet will be the 6th man off the bench. Do you feel IC is capable of averaging 12 ppg and 8 rpg? If so, this team could be really good down the road.

Login to view embedded media
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Donta Williams USC

He will be on someone's radar as a coaching prospect.

Donte Williams who has more than a dozen years of experience coaching defensive backs and is regarded as one of the nation's top recruiters, remains on the USC staff in 2022 as defensive backs coach and defensive passing game coordinator after serving as the Trojans' interim head coach in 2021

UNLV Bowl Game Possible

Apparently we still have a chance at a bowl game. Sounds like multiple 5-7 teams may have to fill spots this year and I guess UNLV (assuming a win vs UNR) would be #2 on the list because of grades.
Is it bad that I’m excited about possibly backing into a bowl at 5-7 only to get slaughtered by Liberty? Lol only at UNLV would an 8 loss season be considered somewhat successful.

Login to view embedded media

Bryan Harsin

He is available and here's his Buyout from Auburn. Hopefully we can get a decent discount since he getting BIG $$$$ from an SEC school. Lol

Harsin will receive $15.3 million (70% of the remaining amount on his contract) for his buyout. Half of that is due within 30 days to be followed by followed by four annual payments of the remaining balance, according to 247Sports' Brandon Marcello. Auburn is still paying off Malzahn's buyout of $21.5 million as it embarks on yet another coaching search.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT