ADVERTISEMENT

MW reaches "deal" with TNT, will air games on their networks this season.

So I have no idea if this will do anything to the existing TV contract. Technically turner is a part of CBS, or more accurately the other way around. The article has no mention of any changes in terms of compensation with this deal.

Also worth noting, there will be zero UNLV games this season with these networks.

I would imagine that could/should increase payouts. Would we offer these games up for free? Or is it just an extension of the CBS contract? Unknown.
I was wondering about that also. You would think that it would add to the overall amount of money coming into the conference, so then it would be added to the pot that gets divided between the whole conference.

MW reaches "deal" with TNT, will air games on their networks this season.

So I have no idea if this will do anything to the existing TV contract. Technically turner is a part of CBS, or more accurately the other way around. The article has no mention of any changes in terms of compensation with this deal.

Also worth noting, there will be zero UNLV games this season with these networks.

I would imagine that could/should increase payouts. Would we offer these games up for free? Or is it just an extension of the CBS contract? Unknown.

Vegas Golden Knights

Lost Marchessault. Bummer. He was one of the originals and a favorite. Got a jersey with his name on it after winning the Cup. He’ll be missed but I trust McKrimmon is making the moves that have to be made. Won a Cup so tough for anyone to complain.

I'm not exactly thrilled with the offseason so far but like you touched on, it's hard to question this management team based on their results.

I think Holtz from NJ could surprise some people. Former #7 overall pick.

Knights are set at center but wing depth is not great right now. Need to address that...

Ot seems high in the draft for bronny

Its an investment for a story they can sell tickets to: FAther and son on the same team - (cue in cheesy music here)

Everybody knows Their are 100 kids better than Bronny they passed over to pick him
True this.

I wonder, at what point do teams just start realizing the whole LeBron thing is more headache than help. Dude's not getting any younger or better.

Vegas Golden Knights

Yes, Adin Hill, our Cup-winning goalie, is still on the roster, as of today. Hoping Pavel Moysevich, who VGK drafted #83 overall in the recent NHL draft, can be a decent NHL goalie. Dude is 6-5 and, supposedly, a smart player but, at his size, not terribly quick, though moves well enough. The Golden Knights have never really been a team to develop players, so we'll see.

Houston Game

Looks like their stadium is under construction now. Doesn’t look like expansion but included other upgrades:

“TDECU Stadium is adding a party deck with suites and club seats below it. This premium section will provide a capacity ranging from 850 to 900 occupants. However, the net effect of the premium seating is a loss of 250 to 300 seats. Additionally, a sideline-to-sideline video board will be constructed which is approximately three times the size of the current video board.”
I did also see in the buildout they had premade plans to expand to 60K capacity if/whenever that is needed.

Houston Game

It was their 3rd home game that year. I was the first year for the stadium. I was at that game.
Their new stadium was a huge upgrade from Robertson, which was like a sh!ttier version of Sam Boyd. It is a good stadium, not sure if it has expansion plans built in. They don't need it now, but this was done well before being inviting to the big 12.
Looks like their stadium is under construction now. Doesn’t look like expansion but included other upgrades:

“TDECU Stadium is adding a party deck with suites and club seats below it. This premium section will provide a capacity ranging from 850 to 900 occupants. However, the net effect of the premium seating is a loss of 250 to 300 seats. Additionally, a sideline-to-sideline video board will be constructed which is approximately three times the size of the current video board.”
Reactions: dcut03

Houston Game

It was their 3rd home game that year. I was the first year for the stadium. I was at that game.
Their new stadium was a huge upgrade from Robertson, which was like a sh!ttier version of Sam Boyd. It is a good stadium, not sure if it has expansion plans built in. They don't need it now, but this was done well before being inviting to the big 12.
Just looked it up, sure enough. I would have sworn it was weeks 1 or 2. It was Sept 20. We were already 1-2 heading into that game, and emotionally 0-3. That Northern Colorado game was a disaster and a debacle all in one... 13-12. Oof.

I had never been to their old home, so no point of comparison.
Reactions: dcut03
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT