ADVERTISEMENT

QBs Who’s in the lead?

Wondering if anyone is separating themselves? Not sure how much can or should be shared, but this is a big part of our season IMO.

• QB 6'3" 215 lbs TR

Matthew Sluka

Senior Locust Valley, NY Kellenberg Memorial HS Holy Cross
    Full Bio
    Hide/Show Additional Information For Matthew Sluka

• QB 6'1" 205 lbs TR

Hajj-Malik Williams

Senior Atlanta, GA Hapeville Charter HS / U.S. Military Prep Campbell
    Full Bio
    Hide/Show Additional Information For Hajj-Malik Williams

• QB 6'3" 230 lbs 2L

Cameron Friel

Senior Kahalu'u, HI Kailuah HS
    Full Bio
    Hide/Show Additional Information For Cameron Friel

• QB 6'2" 185 lbs HS

Gael Ochoa

Freshman El Paso, TX Pebble Hills HS
    Full Bio
    Hide/Show Additional Information For Gael Ochoa

• QB 6'1" 200 lbs RS

Lucas Lenhoff

Redshirt Freshman Charlotte, NC Myers HS
    Full Bio

Brewer Season Prediction

I think it is fair to assume Reno improves from last season. They had a lot of offseason issues close to the season if I remember correctly. They were also a special kind of suck. And they did improve some as the season went on. They looked like they were going to go o-fer, but squeaked out some wins the second half of the season.

Still should be a win, especially at home.

Brewer Season Prediction

I have us going 8 -4 ! Lets Go Rebels !!

Date
Time
Opponent
W / L
31-Aug
4:00 p.m.
L
7-Sep
12:00 p.m.
W
13-Sep
W
28-Sep
12:30 p.m.
W
4-Oct
6:00 p.m.
W
11-Oct
W
19-Oct
12:30 p.m./ 7:00 p.m.
L
25-Oct
7:30 p.m.
W
9-Nov
7:00 p.m.
W
16-Nov
L
22-Nov
W
30-Nov
5:00 p.m.
RENO
L
8-4
Knight Rebel, Could you give your rationale on projecting a loss to Reno? TIA

Brewer Season Prediction

Date
Time
Opponent
W / L
31-Aug
L
7-Sep
W
13-Sep
W
28-Sep
W
4-Oct
W
11-Oct
W
19-Oct
L
25-Oct
W
9-Nov
W
16-Nov
L
22-Nov
W
30-Nov
RENO
L
8-4
I am willing to bet my other nut that UNLV will not lose to Reno.
Reactions: reagan21

Brewer Season Prediction

Date
Time
Opponent
W / L
31-Aug
L
7-Sep
W
13-Sep
W
28-Sep
W
4-Oct
W
11-Oct
W
19-Oct
L
25-Oct
W
9-Nov
W
16-Nov
L
22-Nov
W
30-Nov
RENO
L
8-4

Brewer Season Prediction

We can go undefeated but I think we finish 7-5 and 5-2 in the MWC, and we'll play on the road at Boise and lose a close one in the MWC final.

Then win our bowl game....8-6 to finish the season.

Guaranteed Wins - Utah Tech, @Hawaii, @Utah State, and Reno.

Probably Wins - Fresno, SDSU

Guaranteed Loss - @Kansas

Probably Loss - @Houston, Boise, Syracuse, @OregonSt, @SJSU.

I think the @SJSU game is the closest game that could be a win, or @Houston. Not sold on them at all. I understand it 's crazy to say any road game for UNLV is a guaranteed win, but both Hawaii and Utah State are disaster areas. I feel very good about those 4. Of course...I'm banking on a QB coming in and being able to move the ball. That is a huge IF. I do think a system like the GoGo and a QB with experience like Sluka will be able to consistently move the ball. I think the biggest X-factor for the offensive side is de Jesus. Often overlooked (he is like 5'3") but he will create havoc on the edges and force defenses and LBers to spread, leaving gaps for 7-8 yard strikes down the field for our massive TE and Cain.....until a safety comes down to help and leaves White 1 on 1 with a helpless DB.

I can't wait to see what the defense has in store. That's what excites me the most. Can we come together as a unit and stop giving up 20+ yard chunk plays time and time again. Let's get it.

Dude, I need this season to start.

P.S. I will miss seeing everyone at the games and tailgates...especially views of Scrub in rainbow yoga pants and a pink cowboy hat. God knew what he was doing when he told me not to buy season tickets this year. The son who enjoys to go to all the games is starting college next month in Utah and I didn't want the hassle of finding people to take. Now, with my wife not able to go to games this fall I know why I didn't buy season tickets for the first time since 2009. God works in mysterious ways.
We do play Boise at home. Which you first said road, then said home lol. I agree with your toss up games winning 3 of the 7 is a fair and balanced approach. Barring significant, significant injuries, I doubt it will get much worse than that. Hawaii on the road will be tougher than it should be, but a win most likely. Hard to say what we get with SDSU, Houston, Oregon State, Utah State, or even Fresno given their weird coaching turnovers.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

Spambots

We didn’t move here until mid-1973, I believe. I think I had my 5th birthday on the road while moving from Chicago to Vegas. Probably somewhere around Albuquerque. Fifty one years to the day. My uncle Tony was here just a bit before we were, maybe a year and a half in late 1971. He originally lived off of the Eastern/Desert Inn area, my family moved to the Washington/Decatur area. Then within a year, we purchased homes in the same neighborhood, corner lots with about 20 houses separating us … that was near Paradise Park, smack dab center of Eastern/Flamingo/Tropicana/Pecos (Pecos was a dirt road back then).

I remember beyond Tropicana looking south, Sunset Park looked like an oasis. A green patch with green trees beyond 5 miles of pristine desert, some flat, some soft dunes. Tons of snakes and lizards of many different types. And nothing but clean desert beyond Sunset Park aside from some homes (I think they called it Wishing Well).

Used to be a really good city.
Yup moved out here in 1985 from Tennessee. I was 9. Lived on a street called Lighthouse over on Bonanza/Pecos. I didn’t know what a juve hall was or what a swapmeet was.

When my parents bought the house it was only 85,000 bucks. I could see the 7-11 on Cheyenne and Rainbow from Tangle”hood”.

Bussed to Paul Culley Elementary off Washington.Jones.

My parents asked for directions from this kid and he lied..we made a right and and it was supposed to be left.

Thats when I knew this was a shitty town.

We had this 10 inch Sanyo tv and I remember watching the news about the Spilotro’s all huddled up back in the day.

But this was a fantastic town growing up.

This kid took a piece of glass and cut up this lizard that he caught as we were waiting for the bus. Killed it and watched the tail wiggle.

Actually, there’s a lizard that lives outside the place I’m staying at now. I’ve seen him around.

A lot OT, but I’m going through some sh*t right now. If you’re into prayers or good vibes.

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement. It means a lot. I love this family. Wish we had more of a reason to get together more, but....

We already have appointments set up. Things are moving fast, but I'm glad they are. 1) for obvious reasons, and 2) it doesn't give us time to think about her possible fate.

I love y'all!

Pacific December 14

Been to Memphis multiple times the past few years. Never had any issues. Just like any other big city, just be smart with your surroundings.
Exactly, Ive been there twice (not recently) and have no problem going to Memphis, not like tourists are the target but definitely areas of town Id try to stay out of. I was curious so looked this up. More than a murder a day in Memphis with a population of only 620K. Just the South being the South. Birmingham AL has had 92 murders so far this year, population 197K.

Memphis
Population 620,000
2023 Murders 397

San Diego (City) where I live
Population 1.4 million
2023 Murders 45

Clark County, NV (Metro, NLV, Henderson PD)
Population 2.2 million
2023 Murders 233.
Of those in CC, Henderson (pop 331k) had 12, NLV 31 (pop 280k), the rest were Metro's jurisdiction.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT