ADVERTISEMENT

What did that Wazzu fan infect Rebel-Net with??!??!?!?!?

Copy Rights infringements. One is a great artist while the other is a mere leftovers.

When you all join the Alaska Air PacMtn Conference BSU's premium will be out the window.

I've been thinking about this. As you all know, one motivator for the reverse merger is to keep the Pac-2's ~$30M in Post FY 26 NCAA BB allocations. Getting to seem like a smaller piece as we go. Now an FY 26 merger is really got some $ attached. Our $50M Rose Bowl money, the FCS gratuity of several million, and another year of NCAA BB money.

So I'm down with the Pac-2 throing out a few bucks to the Mtn West schools as a joining enticement while preserving a large chunk for ourselves. Which we earned. Win-win all around.

Copy Rights infringements. One is a great artist while the other is a mere leftovers.
They will be dead too when that pac 12 money comes to an end.
Reactions: bcvegaspt2

Two Pre-Season All-Americans and more....

White, De Jesus Earn Preseason All-America To Lead 14 Rebels Honored By Phil Steele

Story Links​

LAS VEGAS (UNLVRebels.com) – UNLV football has a pair of preseason All-Americans heading into the 2024 campaign as wide receiver Ricky White III (Second Team) and return man Jacob De Jesus (Third Team) were named by Phil Steele College Football Preview magazine Tuesday.

The Rebels also had 14 players on Phil Steele's Preseason All-Mountain West/Pac-2 Teams, including a league-leading seven First Team selections.

White is college football's leading returning receiver after finishing with a school-record 1,483 yards last fall. He tied the UNLV mark for receptions in season with 88 and became the first Rebel ever to post five consecutive games with at least 100 receiving yards. In 2023, White was named First Team All-America by the Action Network, Second Team by the College Football Network and Third Team by Associated Press, becoming just the second UNLV WR to appear on an AP team in history and first since 1981.

De Jesus, who also plays receiver, led the nation in total return yards with 1,079. The only player to rank in the top 15 nationally in both kick returns and punt returns, his 96-yard kickoff return in the season opener was the fourth-longest in UNLV history while his 59-yard punt return at New Mexico was the longest by a Rebel since 2003. One of three finalists for the 2023 Jet Award, given to the country's best returner, De Jesus last year earned Second Team All-America from USA TODAY and Action Network along with Third Team from Phil Steele.

De Jesus was named Preseason All-MW/Pac-2 at both kickoff return and punt return and joining him and White on the First Team was offensive linemen Tiger Shanks and Jalen St. John, linebacker Jackson Woodard and cornerback Cameron Oliver.

Defensive lineman Jalen Dixon and punter Marshall Nichols were on Phil Steele's Second Team while running back Jai'Den "Jet" Thomas, tight end Kaleo Ballungay, center Jack Hasz and safety Jalen Catalon (a transfer from Texas) were Third Team picks. Linebacker Marsel McDuffie rounded out the Rebel contingent on the Fourth Team.

Outland Trophy Watch List....

The O-Line gets little mention. But that's where the games are won and lost. I realize the chances of Tiger Shanks or Jalen St. John winning the Outland Trophy for the top interior linemen are pretty much non-existent. However, the fact that UNLV has two offensive lineman considered among the top 75 offense or defensive interior linemen in the country is HUGE! But both Shanks and St.John coming in at 6'5" and 330lbs are also HUGE!

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – Seven Mountain West football players are among the 75 student-athletes on the 2024 Outland Trophy Watch List, as announced today by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA). The award honors the nation’s best interior lineman.

Boise State’s Kage Casey, Colorado State’s Jacob Gardner, Fresno State’s Mose Vavao, San José State’s Soane Toia, UNLV’s Tiger Shanks and Jalen St. John and Wyoming’s Jordan Bertagnole represent the MW on the list.

The MW’s seven selections are fifth-most in the FBS behind only the SEC, Big Ten, ACC and Big 12.

The recipient of the 2024 Outland Trophy will be announced on The Home Depot College Football Awards, live on ESPN on Dec. 12. The official presentation to the winner will be made at the Outland Trophy Awards Dinner sponsored by Werner Enterprises and produced by the Greater Omaha Sports Committee in Omaha, Nebraska, on Jan. 22, 2025.

Players may be added or removed from the watch list during the course of the season. For a second year now, the FWAA will announce an Outland Trophy National Player of the Week each Tuesday this season. If not already on the watch list, each week’s honored player will be added at that time.

Outland Trophy Watch List (MW representatives)
Kage Casey, So., OT, Boise State
Jacob Gardner, Gr., C, Colorado State
Mose Vavao, Sr., C, Fresno State
Soane Toia, Sr., DT, San José State
Tiger Shanks, Sr., UNLV
Jalen St. John, Sr., OG, UNLV
Jordan Bertagnole, Gr., DT, Wyoming

OT: Olympic Games 2024

They’re a joke. I don’t care of a person's religion, but severely mocking it? People with balls allowed to box people without.

Woke is a fkn joke, everything woke goes straight to hell. Haven’t watched a millisecond of the Olympics live and won’t.
I quit watching them a long time ago, and nothing that has happened so far has changed my mind. As long as the networks in the US are willing to continue to increase what they pay to broadcast for a shrinking audience, and the advertisers continue to pay far more for a shrinking audience, the Olympics has no reason to change away from their woke agenda!

The fact that Olympic committee puts out a list of words that they call hate words to the media that will not be allowed, which effectively removes the ability to describe the truth about what are formerly men who now identify as women either through drugs, surgery, or even just identification preference, shows that the Olympics does not care about the safety or fairness of the Olympics when it comes to women and their rights. The Olympics has instead followed the world wide woke agenda of politically correctness for the few over the rights and wishes of the majority of this world. It is a sad commentary about why the Olympics has become a relic that is now a waste of my time.

I look forward to the day when the Olympics is unable to find a city foolish enough to spend billions to bring in an event which in the long term has become a financial burden that either loses money or makes a very small profit. When you figure in the disruption of peoples lives during the set up and actual Olympics, it has a far bigger impact then just the financial cost to the host City. In comparison, if you took the billions in cost for building the needed facilities and cost outlay upfront, you could figure for each billion that you could easily make at least 5% return just tossing it into a bank without even include the cost of disrupting the lives of people impacted who live in the cities hosting Olympic events, which would equate to $50,000,000 for every billion spent.

Everything woke goes to complete sht. Women shouldn’t be the only ones angry about this boxing thing.

Christians shouldn’t be the only ones who should angry about the last supper interpretation.

Karens and ultra soft squishy soy boys are the only ones who don’t have a problem with this type of stuff.

At some point, it’ll flip to the opposite extreme and things will suck for awhile. Things need to quickly get back to something close to real center, not the “new center”.
Can you write yet your 1585th soliloquy on this subject? It gets more entertaining on every dramatic death throes post.

Good lord dude. Take a break.

Yeah I saw it live and didn't even get the connotation to anything. I just saw some weird frogs doing weird frog things. And a naked blue guy with a blonde beard.

I thought...Ummm. Ok whatever. Not sure what this is supposed to be...

Appears it was supposed to be an 'inclusive' thing.

Which cool I'm down. Everyone should be comfortable with who they are within a healthy society.

That said, I'm not sure your path to 'inclusion' should involve potentially offending a lot of people.

Not sure a depiction of a Trans prophet Mohammed would have gone over to well in that community either.

In fact, you would think France/the French might be a little more cautious about this type thing after the Charlie Hebdo murders. And that was over a cartoon depiction.

So it felt more like a middle finger like 'deal with it,to bad so sad' vs an actual call for inclusion.

Point being, personal level couldn't care less.

But totally understand why a person of faith (I most definitely am not) may have been.

And why ultimately it had the opposite effect of its intended purpose.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT