ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread UNLV at Houston

I think our team players great on D against a shaky/poor Houston team. Houston was not ready tonight, our D was.

Our offense was not impressive. Didn’t break 200 yds rushing despite running the ball almost 50 times. Sluka was very impressive for most of the first half, both on the ground and in the air.

However, Marion took the ball right out of his hands for the entire 2nd half. Doesn’t exactly instill confidence in our passing game. Hoping they just decided to play it ultra conservative knowing that the game was in hand.

We’re going to need the passing game if we want to go far this year. Hope to see good improvement next week.

Sluka had some good some bad. His two best plays were called back. That first one he threw cross his body and put it pretty far down field. Touchdown in the corner was perfectly thrown as well. Should’ve had a touchdown early in the game that he lobbed in there and the ball got there way too slow. He can definitely run the ball and not easy to bring down. Passing needs some work is pretty similar to that one game I saw him play last year. Hopefully next week is a game they can work out the kinks on offense.
Yeah, a week as the starter with the 1s, and a game where we should be able to work kinks out... part of everything as well is the helmet having the mic.. takes time to adjust to that and figure it out between players and coaches
Reactions: Boston Rebel 2

Sluka had some good some bad. His two best plays were called back. That first one he threw cross his body and put it pretty far down field. Touchdown in the corner was perfectly thrown as well. Should’ve had a touchdown early in the game that he lobbed in there and the ball got there way too slow. He can definitely run the ball and not easy to bring down. Passing needs some work is pretty similar to that one game I saw him play last year. Hopefully next week is a game they can work out the kinks on offense.

Still got a lot of kinks to work out offensively.

Defensively, very impressive but at the same time, you gotta wonder how good UH actually is. They didn’t recognize anything … UNLV defense or they suck? Probably a little of both?

You can see the speed. You can see the solid tackling. You could see the pressure … but how much of it is Houston isn't that good? Let’s see how they perform vs Oklahoma.
Houston is definitely not n'sync. But, I think we're impressive and Odom is sending a message that our players don't just identify as men. We have some serious riduculous talent.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT