ADVERTISEMENT

So what do we think??

Just hope the team stays focused, lots of chatter for a program that’s been in uncharted waters. I believe Odom will keep it real with them, but agree Kansas will be more of a telling game. Lots of season left gotta let it play out.
Odom is the real deal and will keep our guys focused. If anything it's us Rebel fans that are in uncharted waters. I mean when I look at our defense I can't believe it. It's usually after the first game I'm mother f'king someone. Now I've got to find some new words.

So what do we think??

Just hope the team stays focused, lots of chatter for a program that’s been in uncharted waters. I believe Odom will keep it real with them, but agree Kansas will be more of a telling game. Lots of season left gotta let it play out.
Wit all the decades of losing, it is about time that UNLV football gets some good Karma as payback, and we are due a lot of payback!

SI’s Pat Forde on College Football Playoffs after week 1

Liberty may have reached 17 in the regular polls but only 23 in the CFP poll which is the only that matters here.
And we would he looking at 2 loss SEC teams, not GT which looks to be a down year for ACC outside of Miami so far.
Tulane got higher they also beat no one. To go higher than 12 would just be spots 11, 10...those won't all be 2 loss SEC teams.

Also looked in 2020 Coastal Carolina made it to 12 in CFP, Central Florida and Cincy both made it into the top 10 twice, Western Michigan #15 other than 2021 Cincy all with less impressive schedules than ours.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

SI’s Pat Forde on College Football Playoffs after week 1

Tulane and JMU weren't hyped and they reached 17. Plus we wouldn't have to unseat a top P4 team it would likely be a 2 loss team like GA Tech.
Liberty may have reached 17 in the regular polls but only 23 in the CFP poll which is the only that matters here.
And we would he looking at 2 loss SEC teams, not GT which looks to be a down year for ACC outside of Miami so far.

Let’s talk about Utah Tech (week 2)

Just watched their tape vs Montana St... our runners are going to eat. Their QB is huge but he's got a really funky release. I can see Woodard forcing a fumble or 2. Their weekly coach show, the DBs final statement says it all about the Go-Go... they don't know how they'll line up against it
Yeah I caught that too but it is aired on Monday and the show was all cliches and bullshit. It is amusing to watch though, because this is a program stuck in the 90s in every way. Old ball coach, cliches thrown around every two seconds, HS production with shitty local ads. Speaking of sponsors, anyone catch that ending with the ice cream or berries and cream?

Host: “Welp I never had this before, what a treat! Huh that’s all the time we have today, see ya next time. “

Nobody touched it, no review nothing. LOL

So what do we think??

I don't think the Houston or KU games were must win or oh no we lost games.

I'm of the belief 10 wins against this schedule would probably be enough to be ranked at years end.

CFP worthy? Don't know...A few other teams in G5 could post similiar win totals.

Im like you, excited but doing my best to contain it after two decades of disappointment
Similar win totals yes, but strength of schedule in UNLV's favor
Reactions: LVRebel2000

So what do we think??

I think we will have a better picture of our playoff chances after the Kansas game. The Houston game was a nice win but, I need to see more evidence on our offensive abilities. Call me gun shy after following the Rebels for 5 decades.

I don't think the Houston or KU games were must win or oh no we lost games.

I'm of the belief 10 wins against this schedule would probably be enough to be ranked at years end.

CFP worthy? Don't know...A few other teams in G5 could post similiar win totals.

Im like you, excited but doing my best to contain it after two decades of disappointment

So what do we think??

I think we will have a better picture of our playoff chances after the Kansas game. The Houston game was a nice win but, I need to see more evidence on our offensive abilities. Call me gun shy after following the Rebels for 5 decades.
Definitely. If we can beat Kansas or keep it to a 1 score game, and then follow that up by beating Fresno and Syracuse, I think were probably getting top 25 votes and the hype train will still be there. Its fun to talk about after week 1, but its a lot like the "Bracketology" stuff in November. fun, but useless.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT