ADVERTISEMENT

What Player Has Impressed you most this season?

Bullmastiff 1

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 5, 2007
Las Vegas
Offensively-For me its Keith Whitely. I think he has made a big jump from last season to this season.

Defensively-Tough call, because it seems every week a different guy has stepped up. I'll go with Mike Hughes. He has been then constant of a vastly improved defense. Hughes is similar to what Casey Hampton was for the Steelers. Never recorded a ton of tackles or sacks but he occupied multiple blockers and freed up other guys to make plays. Hughes has anchored the defense and continues to get better. I think he is going to get a look at the next level.

And while not a player I think Barney Cotton has done a really good job. The defense has made huge strides this year, but considering the question marks on the Oline and the revolving door at QB Cotton has gotten a lot out this offense. I also think Cotton has been far less predictable on offense than many anticipated. Instead of trying to shorten the game vs Boise Cotton called a very aggressive game and we chucked the ball all over the field. Vs Hawaii we pounded the ball on the ground and took some big shots downfield. I really expected to see a much more conservative offense.

Reactions: RebelinWA
Ryan MacAleenan. Has played really well and made some timely plays this year.
Has made the most splash plays this year for sure. Pick 6 vs Reno was the difference in that game and forced fumble vs Hawaii put momentum in our favor the rest of the way.

Offense: xlex combo. The freshmen have surprised me. Their running show will be a staple in the coming years. Hoping we get Biaggio to replace Whitely. The running threes has worked. Not counting out Whitely, but I don't think he would have stood out if he had to pound the ball all game long with no break.

Defense: Tau. He took a big step up from last year. He can definitely fill his brothers shoes. The guy is everywhere, complete monster.

Special teams: good old Nico has been foundation of Rebel scoring machine. We wouldn't have been as close in some of these games if it wasn't for him being clutch.

Reactions: 1Tripoda
Offense: xlex combo. The freshmen have surprised me. Their running show will be a staple in the coming years. Hoping we get Biaggio to replace Whitely. The running threes has worked. Not counting out Whitely, but I don't think he would have stood out if he had to pound the ball all game long with no break.

Defense: Tau. He took a big step up from last year. He can definitely fill his brothers shoes. The guy is everywhere, complete monster.

Special teams: good old Nico has been foundation of Rebel scoring machine. We wouldn't have been as close in some of these games if it wasn't for him being clutch.
Its funny even though we are using three backs extensively its still almost a 1 and 1a situation. I think Whitely has been the 1 and Lex and Xzavier have been a combined 1a. Together they have as many carries as Whitely. I honestly think that is by design to not wear out the two young backs. I also think you are on to something. Whitely has flourished by not having to be 'the' guy and shouldering the entire load.

Whitely, Naufahu (too bad he got injured), X-Lex, Price.

Hughes, Wily, Tau, MacAleenan, Mouton.

Bornand, Yunker (except FSU).

Reactions: RebelinWA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT